Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Formulacion View Post
    Thats the typical answer from somebody that never bothered to play a druid on EH o EE. Roar is **** on the elite quest. If you think 50 sonic damage (or even 100) everytime you kill something worth when mobs have +10k HP ... well look back at your numbers
    I do play a druid on EE, Reaving roar was great when leveling up, and it's amazing in EH or less.

When mobs have 10k hp, they don't die fast, and it's even less often that I land the killing blow. I've long since swapped to fatal harrier at 25.

I'm assuming you've never played a druid in a full party EEGH quest, reaving roar went from the **** to ****

What a bag of weenies!

Just cant wait to bust this guy's chops over a build that he was happy/brave enough to post.

Back off
    Trapbait 23 horcrobat, Wiskers 25 AA/BE/Ken II shiradi, Riddling 25 fatesinger, GilGemmel 17 grinder, Bono the Bard 9 bard, Loaster 1 loading crutch,

After reading all these different thought, Helf druid seems the best for the added sneak attack damage but the rest is still unclear. OP; 16 str 13 dex 16 con 16 wis is not possible with a 32 point build. So with all these ideas posted here can we have one solid reply for a wolf/club/shield/dred build? Lets start with the basics like, is it worth having str as wolf? Feats, spells, end game gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    Interesting, you didn't mention where you were putting your level ups, I'm going to assume that there into str since your focusing so much on dps. With that in mind, why are you going pure druid? you could splash 3 levels for 3 more feets and still keep snowslide and mass regenerate, or even more levels for more feets. What do extra druid levels give you?

Random thoughts:
    *No legendary shield mastery twist? thats a fair bit of double strike.
    *Why not empower healing, works on all your important heal spells and destiny healing effects.
    *Seams a loss to be in LD without having at least a cleave and master blitz.
    *It seams to me that magic fang would be superior to Shillelagh in most situations.
    *Your twists seam... unusual I don't really understand the justification for taking single target attacks with +[w] effects when there is so much else available.

In addition i jumped into the GH wilderness area to test out some of your assertions.

When I just shield blocked in wolf form my combat log showed a dr of 33 for every hit, when i shield blocked in wolf form with auto attack on (attacking a mob) my combat log showed a dr of 10 for every hit (my dr from cloak of night). Auto attacking in wolf form and shield blocking simply suppresses the shield blocking, it turns it off. I did not test click and hold to attack.

I then jumped into EE cabal for one and agroed a single archer. I have max concentration and a +15 item. I chose to cast call lighting storm because it has a long cast time and allowed concentration rolls. Each hit from the archer caused me to roll for concentration - while shield blocking - some of which i failed and canceled the spell. I did not test heal spells.

I do not have a caped LD druid so I was unable to test this, however since druid weapons are considered handwraps in animal form it is very unlikely that this ability applies to wolf form - especially since momentum swing does not. If someone has this could you test it, with and without a club in hand. Just see if you can get a crit on a roll of 16.
    Is Wisdom better then str for end game wolf?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khatzhas View Post
    I'm also curious about the weapon interactions. When did you test this build Hermespan?
    I didn't think Dreadnought weapon effects worked with Unarmed (animal form) attacks.
    Does Shillelagh now stack with Magic Fang?

How did you get the blocking-while-attacking thing to work?
    Just for Shillelagh + Magic Fang:
    They do not stack- have one up, cast the other and *poof* original goes bye bye.

Default I hate to be "That Guy" regarding a spell that everyone else deems useless but...

Hello,

I read all of these posts about how Melee Druids just can't stack up to other class options due to either lacking DPS, lacking AOE, lacking spell selection, etc.. it's probably true lol *shrugs* but anyway..

In my experience it is all about play style and how well you can actually play your class, a Shiradi Sorc at the top of his game with 400 Force Spell Power is pretty useless if he isn't casting magic missile or whatever it is that is used these days. "is that an good analogy? Ok well to my point...

I think a lot of people underestimate a Winterwolf's ability to basically cast a select group of spells "any spell quickened or otherwise under 20sp" indefinitely and at 0sp cost"

The only quick point that i want to make regarding my topic "I hate to be "That Guy" regarding a spell that everyone else deems useless but..." is no other Winterwolf out there using "quicken+sleet storm"?! Ok so besides the cool (Winterwolf in the middle of a snowstorm thing) Even in EE, an unlimited supply of pretty large AOEs 100% blind effect that as long as you keep Freedom of Movement up, or other enhancements like the rogue line that make you immune to slippery surfaces, its an unlimited supply of CC and helplessness in the way of 50% miss chance due to the blind. In EE where all of the mobs are hitting for like 500+ i think having them all blind is a huge advantage which ONLY a winterwolf brings to the table.. INDEFINITELY, not to mention... and i swear by this, you can actually put mobs on their butts ocassionally.

Ok i get it... The animation is not to be desired, i mean who wants to fight in the middle of a damn snow storm, but when the drow weaponmaster CR900 comes rushing at you, rears up to swing, then decides to turn completely in the other direction and attack the darkness... i would turn to the nearest Winterwolf and scratch his belly!

I'm not saying Winterwolves are by any means the top dogs of DDO, but played right and thinking outside the box just a little, we bring a lot to the table for any instance from heroic up to EE... take a look at the druid spell list and combine some of those spells from 20SP+ with our ability to maintain temporary of 20SP procs on crits, and druids begin to look a lot more interesting.

BTW casting a quickened cure wounds spell critical or otherwise doesn't really even interrupt our melee combat sequence, so you can sustain damage wile keeping your self healed indefinitely without even missing a beat. Personally i have Displacement 4 times per rest, Shadow Dancer (Shadow Form 25 incorp), 18% Dodge in Crappy Random loot Leather armor, lvl 22 Pure Druid -Negafir on Agronessen server-.. and i couldn't be happier with my druid... not to mention my pets dps and procs from his collar and armor.

It just really seems like Druids don't get enough credit for the versatility they bring to the table with sustainable reliable "no save aoe blind", heals, and damage through sheer speed and number of attacks coupled with status effects on weapons, disenegration, burst, etc..

I'm still new to the Druid class, but i love it!

This thread is quite outdated to be honest.

I think there are some things that certainly are not working as the OP had them to do.

First I know that they changed so wolf attacks no longer take in account of the weapons +W anymore. So shillelagh is useless in that appartment.

Some other things I would like to make sure of:

I really wonder if you can get to use the the Lightning Mace attack when being in Wolf form anymore since when you are in wolf you are considered to be unarmed and unarmed is not listed under that skill.

Also I am almost 100% sure that I read that Pulverizer doesn't work in wolf form either... quite obvious actually since it says it doesn't work with handwraps=unarmed and also wolf attacks are piercing/slashing and not blunt which also is a requirement.

Since the weapons effects of your weapon (ie Holy, Flaming) that you have equipped pass along to your wolfs melee attacks then I wonder what happens if you dualwield two clubs for example do you get the effects from both weapons applied to the wolf attacks or only the mainhand weapon?

Another thing to mention is that there are a thread on the forum where they have calculated and noticed that you actually loose DPS by using Cleave and Greater Cleave instead of doing the normal autoattacks due to loosing a number of attacks when doing the animations.

/K
    Cannith - Characters: Khierra - Former The Dominator (U7) (TR 12Mnk/7rog/1ftr) now becoming 13 Rogue/6 Monk/ 1 Druid Staff Orc # Tisseltass - The Prodigy (10rgr/2rog/1mnk) # Smallpoxx (14 pure shintao monk, healing amp) # Azatooth (12ftr/5rog/1mnk) # Eleona (15fvs/2mnk) # Heliga Birgitta (7cleric/3monk, Healing Amp)

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elyssaria View Post
    First I know that they changed so wolf attacks no longer take in account of the weapons +W anymore. So shillelagh is useless in that appartment.
    AFAICT, Shillelagh still carries over to animal form; it's only +0.5[W] or 1[W] (depending on whether it's a club or staff), but shapeshifters need all the help they can get.
    Since the weapons effects of your weapon (ie Holy, Flaming) that you have equipped pass along to your wolfs melee attacks then I wonder what happens if you dualwield two clubs for example do you get the effects from both weapons applied to the wolf attacks or only the mainhand weapon?
    Mainhand only, unfortunately; that's always been the case.

How is this build looking with the latest updates and the new enhancement system? And thoughts on that to the OP?
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12