Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Where do y'all come up with this stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by knockcocker View Post
    Options are good, taking choice away from others not so good.
    Only very recently have players been able to re-enter Epics. At a conservative estimate, perhaps fraction of 1% of the entire history of their existence. Why should that be any different now? Given the history of Turbine's coding issues, I would be inclined to put this down to a bug or oversight, before jumping to any conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    If this gets implemented, the only difference will be that healers will have to drink hundreds mana pots per quest.
    Not true.
    My Apparently gimped cleric because she does not have RS--rarely has to use pots on EE, runs with 2600 sp +bauble and clickies--not in a Destiny that gives a ton of sp.

Guild and friend groups never recall for SP, making for quick effecient runs.

My biggest prob with pugs that recall and re enter for SP is that they make the quest so much longer ( either they are slow about it, or other party members go afk to smoke, look at pRon or whatever)....As well as my shorter buffs wear off, some costing me SP, and some that only have a couple uses like Healing Spring.

P.S. I played with a caster recently whom recalled TWICE!!! *** ! I am nice, and I waited to do end fight, but, c'mon really? We had enough DPS as in other casters in group for this guy to not recall. As you can imagine he is on my do not group list now.
    Last edited by moops; 03-10-2013 at 05:20 AM.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Community Member

I'm pretty conflicted about this. Why remove options? People can always choose to not re-enter. I realize the old epics didn't allow re-entry, and it does feel like less of an accomplishment, but it also opens the difficulty up for more people to try.

When people request this I feel like powergamers are trying to corner the market on EE gear. If someone is willing to re-enter multiple times to do so, I think they are deserving enough.

Anyway, I could really go either way, and would not have a problem going either way.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Community Member

EE should be epic elite, re-entering to shrine happens alot in, for instance, EE prison of the planes, and I can imagine it happens in other quests EE too. Having no challenge to get the best gear ingame is plain ridiculous and very unhealthy for the ingame market.

The comment about having to drink more pots is only if you play with a bad group, in which IMO the healer has the right to decide the group isn't good enough, or if the healer himself plays bad.

Giving the option to easily beat the best content ingame is a bad option

/signed
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus1000 View Post
    I'm pretty conflicted about this. Why remove options? People can always choose to not re-enter. I realize the old epics didn't allow re-entry, and it does feel like less of an accomplishment, but it also opens the difficulty up for more people to try.

When people request this I feel like powergamers are trying to corner the market on EE gear. If someone is willing to re-enter multiple times to do so, I think they are deserving enough.

Anyway, I could really go either way, and would not have a problem going either way.
    Why not just give us the option to collect the EE loot of our choice from the quest giver? Why not give us the option of not even running the quest, but still get the loot and XP? I mean choice is a good thing right? Can you believe all these selfish elitists trying to nerf choice?

Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    Pretty hard to enforce rules where shrines are right outside the quest in the explorer area, you cant kick players in the explorer area.
    True. Jot's suggestion below would be a good compromise, and would have equal value in quests at all levels.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Personally i dont really care.

Its just a game.

If a party can get it done with no re-entries great...you have a good party.
    If they are a group that has to re-enter 500 times and spend 5 hours to get it done so be it.

Would be nice to have a re-entry checkbox that pops up for the party leader that will accept or reject someone from re-entering an instance... for those no-rentry xp groups.

At a conservative estimate, perhaps fraction of 1% of the entire history of their existence. Why should that be any different now?
    This is your conservative estimate? Remind me never to ask you difficult math questions like 1+1=?

Epic quests available: October 28th, 2009.
    MotU released (and epic re-entry changed): June 25th, 2012
    Today: March 10th, 2013

Time between Epics and MotU: 31 months.
    Time between MotU and Today: 7 months.
    Total time epic has been available: 38 months.

7 is 18.42% of 38.

And actually, the real total of re-entry into epic quests is longer than that, because it took several months before they fixed the bug where you could exit the quest, drop from the group, then be re-invited and be able to re-enter.

As for blocking re-entry on EE: No. If that's what people want to do, then what the hell business is it of yours? Doing a bunch of re-entries absolutely murders the XP they'll get, and people who need a bunch of re-entries are not people who have all of their destinies maxxed out already.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Community Member

Don't do it yourself, and stop grouping with people who do. This isn't a difficult dilemma, and it doesn't require a change to the game just because you can't handle the way some people play (btw, I've never seen anyone do this thing you speak of).

I have yet to see a quest where it was impossible to complete with the shrines made available in the dungeon if one plays smart & conservatively with their resources at hand.
    In other words, play slowly. Many dont have the time to play that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    This is your conservative estimate? Remind me never to ask you difficult math questions like 1+1=?

Just goes to show how much attention I've been paying then, I thought this change was new with U17. Yep, that's right I'd never seen nor heard of anyone doing that prior to U17. Of course this doesn't change my point at all, re-entry to Epics still hasn't been possible throughout most of their history. Attacking my statement in the way you have in this post, attempting to dismiss it in such a manner, is disingenuous.

As for blocking re-entry on EE: No. If that's what people want to do, then what the hell business is it of yours?
    Because I'm as entitle to my opinion as the next person. Also, I don't like your tone. You are obviously very emotionally invested in your opinion, but let's try to keep it civil.
    Last edited by Nitesco; 03-10-2013 at 06:08 PM.

As the title states, I would like to see toons locked out from re-entering Epic Elites and reinstate the old system where once a toon leaves an epic elite dungeon it is not allowed to re-enter unless the dungeon is reset.

I find I join way too many pugs or sometimes a pug joins our group and leaves quest to use the shrine outside the quest and re-enters. I personally find that this cheapens the game & experience. Yes I am out to get gear but it should be done with what is made available in the dungeon.

I have yet to see a quest where it was impossible to complete with the shrines made available in the dungeon if one plays smart & conservatively with their resources at hand.
    I think it should be possible to set a flag at quest opening, if re-entries should be allowed or not. Might also be good to have it visible on the LFM how the quest is to be run so those who want to run a bit more hard-core can avoide the cheesy way.

Non re-entries allowed could even give some small reward like an extra little end chest, 5% xp, +1 loot or similar. Maybe there should be a quest opening flag for choice of reward as well.

This would allow everyone to play how they think quests should be run in terms of re-entry and it would just be a matter of avoiding groups who would intend to use outside shrines.
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

2014 DDO Players Council

Epic quests available: October 28th, 2009.
    Today: March 10th, 2013

Time between Epics and MotU: 31 months.
    Time between MotU and Today: 7 months.
    Total time epic has been available: 38 months.

7 is 18.42% of 38.
    Heh, ninja'ed. Though, I was just going to answer him with "Math never solves anything!" or "Math is hard!" or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Heh, ninja'ed. Though, I was just going to answer him with "Math never solves anything!" or "Math is hard!" or something.
    Because the difference between ~1% and ~18% in the context of a boolean argument was the strawman that broke the camel's back..

What would be cool is if party leaders had more options when making an LFM.

Like not make the OP's suggestion global and mandatory but give LFM posters more on/off switches........that way if they want to run a party with such a rule it would be enforced for that particular LFM.....and that's all it would effect.

I think people make such extreme suggestions because as it stands now...yes you can create your own LFM but it's still a free for all....party leaders really do not have any kind of leadership powers granted to them.

Scratt for president!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    In other words, play slowly. Many dont have the time to play that way.
    In other words, they are the cancer killing western MMOs. They should go back to Barf of Crapcraft, where they came from. Or, ZOMG, play on casual, the difficulty designed for such people.

EE should be hard. Re-entering 10000 times until the enemies die 1 HP per re-enter isn't hard.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Where do y'all come up with this stuff?
    Well gee I dunno, it's not like this was actually the case before U14. Oh wait, it was, you couldn't re-enter epics pre-U14.

If this gets implemented, the only difference will be that healers will have to drink hundreds mana pots per quest.
    If a group needs more than ten pots for any EE quest then they're not ready for it. All of them are easily completed without any pots whatsoever and often without even needing all the shrines. If you prepare for them properly that is.

Community Member

A gross exaggeration unless you run with really terrible players.

I'm not sure how I feel about this . . . on one hand the OP's right that some challenge is removed if we have this option.

At the same time it's pretty artificial not being able to leave a lair and come back.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Is there an actual problem with re-entries? Common courtesy has always been to ask the group if someone should release/recall and re-enter. In heroics its been forever since i have seen this problem and it was rare. In epics, i just knew of CITW which i thought was terrible for a raid.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Is there an actual problem with re-entries? Common courtesy has always been to ask the group if someone should release/recall and re-enter. In heroics its been forever since i have seen this problem and it was rare. In epics, i just knew of CITW which i thought was terrible for a raid.
    Regarding CiTW . . . I think being able to loot on whatever toon you wanted was GOOD for that raid. Made it easier to form groups.

Regarding EEs most aren't concerened about the XP as they're being run on capped toons/destinies and just hunting for loot.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Regarding CiTW . . . I think being able to loot on whatever toon you wanted was GOOD for that raid. Made it easier to form groups.

Regarding EEs most aren't concerened about the XP as they're being run on capped toons/destinies and just hunting for loot.
    Agreed on citw, if there was a raid lockout on citw you would never have gotten a healer toon and would have had to pay healers or run the raid byoh.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast