Community Member

Default Ea then magister possible?

I'm thinking of tr'ing my fvs (currently almost done leveling exalted angel destiny) into a wizard (for active and passive pl feat) and then Tr'ing the wizard back into a fvs. My question: when I'm still on my wizard life, can I go right into magister destiny without working my way around the destiny wheel? I'm eying one of the magister abilities to twist in on my third life when I get there. If destinies don't work this way, what is the best method to accomplish my stated goal?
    Thanks.
    -Taters
    Argonnessen: Catteras, Lukie, Totalle, Paularubia, Momentte, Complette, Malaena, Lethale, Tottalle
    Some clever quote is supposed to go here, right?

Once you pick your first ED, other heroic lives have no influence.

So no, you'll have to traverse the tree all the way over to magister.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Once that first destiny is chosen, the wheels are set and the only way around is by navigating the wheels. To get to magister you'll have to to do 4 levels of unyielding sentinal, then 3 of grandmaster of flowers, onto 4 of shadowdancer, then 3 of fatesinger, and then you can do magister.

Or spend a lot of turbine points with those items to let you pass through destinies.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

What I would recommend is as follows for your EDs

1. EA <- Take it to Level 3 minimum further if you want to - 720,000 XP
    2. US <- Take it to Level 4 (minimum required to unlock the bridge to GMoF) - 1,080,000 XP
    3. GMoF <- Take it to Level 3 minimum - 720,000 XP
    4. SD <- Take it to Level 4 minimum - 1,080,000 XP

Doing this is 3,600,000 XP or 600,000 XP more than what is needed to get to Level 25

What this allows you to do is start in Fatesinger on your Wizard Life with 4 Fate Points. You will be nearly Level 22 before you can jump to Magistar. You can then spend the rest of your leveling to 25 on your Wizard life getting 3 Levels in DI and trying to get 4 Levels in LD (to unlock the Primal Bridge). Then on your FvS life after your Wizard life you will have more options available - Recommend for levels 20 to 23 gaining XP on "less desirable EDs" as they will be quick Fate points and won't take away from your gaming experience because they feel weak for your build.

Community Member

1st, thanks to everyone for the replies. I kind of expected this to be the case.

2nd, Holy **** Balls, Batman! That's a lot of grinding for the +3 evocation DC (or whatever it was) that I was thinking of twisting in. I may just settle for the wizard past life and call it a day. LOL

But thanks to all for the information; much appreciated!
    -Taters
    Argonnessen: Catteras, Lukie, Totalle, Paularubia, Momentte, Complette, Malaena, Lethale, Tottalle
    Some clever quote is supposed to go here, right?

2nd, Holy **** Balls, Batman! That's a lot of grinding for the +3 evocation DC (or whatever it was)
    You need a bunch of ED levels to unlock the twist slots anyway.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.