Default Avatar of Nature Epic moment and casting

From the description on the DDOWiki, Primal Avatar seems like a potential good fit for my Tempest Wizard battle-caster. However, while researching the "large bonus to damage based on size" portion of the Epic moment, I came across complaints that casting is locked out while you are in Avatar of Nature.

Sigh - with all the fun I've been having with the revamped Tenser's Transformation, this is really the last thing I was expecting. Can anyone share a Turbine response that indicates whether or not they are aware of this, and whether or not it is intentional?

Or better yet, someone with Tier 6 in Primal Avatar who can announce that the recent hotfix resolved this?
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Community Member

Thumbs down

it says right in the description that it prevents spell casting, so that is WAI and no going to be changed, plus it only lasts for like 20seconds at most (since your limited to 30spirit, and each size takes +1, and with only attacking(very slowly) as a means to build it up in avatar form, it just doesnt last long enough), one of the huge draws to it tho it how quick you can use it again and again.

and by large bonus to damage based on size its like 200-300 for size 1, 400-500 for size 2, 600-700 for size 3, and 800-900 for size 4. crits are x2 think either 19-20 or 20 (might start at 20 and get increased by improv crit bludge, but not 100% sure), atleast for my drunk it is, might be higher for a barb or someone with a higher starting str. so its decent damage but the attack animation is rather slow, you most likely wont be able to kill more then 1 creature in EH with just using the avatar form.

The old 2hf twitch tactic means you'll be doing more damage - ignore the animations & look at the numbers appearing... also lots of its attacks are AoE ones which means its great for groups of mobs.

As for damage, it appears other things that boost critical multipliers will work too (though not sure of exact crit range) - the character i have PA on has overwhelming criticals plus earth stance 3 & the +1 critical multiplier one from avatar itself & i've seen hits for as high as 4k when using the form against bosses.

Just make sure to cast a couple of buffs or AoEs before activating the form & you'll be fine, it doesnt last all that long anyway but can dish out a lot of hurt in pretty short order.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    it says right in the description that it prevents spell casting, so that is WAI and no going to be changed ...
    I was basing my question on the DDOWiki description, not the game, but good to know. Thanks!

and by large bonus to damage based on size its like 200-300 for size 1, 400-500 for size 2, 600-700 for size 3, and 800-900 for size 4. crits are x2 think either 19-20 or 20 (might start at 20 and get increased by improv crit bludge, but not 100% sure), atleast for my drunk it is, might be higher for a barb or someone with a higher starting str. so its decent damage but the attack animation is rather slow, you most likely wont be able to kill more then 1 creature in EH with just using the avatar form.
    The DDOWiki mentions the reduction in movement speed, but the reduction to attack speed is a real kick in the cajones. Thanks for the info - you saved me from grinding a bunch of XP just to be disappointed!

I'll stick with Fury of the Wild.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Red face

so its decent damage but the attack animation is rather slow, you most likely wont be able to kill more then 1 creature in EH with just using the avatar form.
    Basically, Avatar attacks very slowly, not so high DPS in spite of massive damage per hit, as you indicated.
    BUT, attak with stepping side by side - you can attak with INCREDIABLY SPEED, DPS can reach 1000 par second.

This is a kind of bug , I guess.
    This bug makes all melee build meaningless: no other choice except Avatar.

Please fix it or nerf Avatar as soon as possible.
    Last edited by karieaeew; 03-16-2013 at 03:39 PM.

I charged my Woad Monk with finishing moves and wands, spells also charge up spirits.

If I could have used spells while in Woad form I could have kept the 'Other Guy' going forever.

That would have made an extremely powerful ED even more powerful.

I think the ED is awesome the way it it.

Power Twitch Activate!

Hulk Smash!
    Last edited by phillymiket; 03-16-2013 at 04:49 PM.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.