Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    And you might want to check your facts...CO WAS made by Cryptic. After they picked up the rights for it, they changed everything that was previously developed for it.
    I do know the facts. Cryptic's own team had little control due to Atari, who co developed and insisted on many things. Cryptic can be heard several times publicly stating that they consider Neverwinter to be the 1st project they had complete control of the development from the very beginning.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

looks like naughty will be joining us this time?
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    I do know the facts. Cryptic's own team had little control due to Atari, who co developed and insisted on many things. Cryptic can be heard several times publicly stating that they consider Neverwinter to be the 1st project they had complete control of the development from the very beginning.
    Atari published.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    looks like naughty will be joining us this time?
    Hopefully. The pcgamer keys are for this weekends beta, plus tons of free keys were given out, so its much more widely available for free then the last.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Cryptic made the engine for CO. Face it.

Atari, at the time, published and owned Crytpic, but the creators of the engine was entirely Cryptic.

I do honestly blame Atari for a great number of issues at Cryptic. Before CO was even ready, they stripped the team to start making STO. And then again from both CO and STO (not that there was much in the way of CO left to take from) to start work on NWO.

But at the time ownership decisions doesn't change the face of who made the stuff. Cryptic.

Atari published.
    Yes, on paper. In real time however, Turbine wasnt the only development house that had trouble with Atari's marketing and development calls. Cryptic and Turbine share this one fate - the good riddance of Atari.

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    But at the time ownership decisions doesn't change the face of who made the stuff. Cryptic.
    That's simply not true Missing. Not if Cryptic is saying it did make a difference.

That's simply not true Missing. Not if Cryptic is saying it did make a difference.

So um wait a minute....If you tell me HOW to make something and then I go and MAKE it, you still made it?

Cryptic made the game with THE SAME EXACT ENGINE, with tweaks to get rid of the comic book feel.
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Portals.

So um wait a minute....If you tell me HOW to make something and then I go and MAKE it, you still made it?

Cryptic made the game with THE SAME EXACT ENGINE, with tweaks to get rid of the comic book feel.
    What I said is not really debatable. It is the same engine, but its overhauled. It is completely modified and enhanced. Those are just the facts.

What I said is not really debatable. It is the same engine, but its overhauled. It is completely modified and enhanced. Those are just the facts.
    I do not think that word means what you think it means.
    Portals.

I do not think that word means what you think it means.
    I apparently know much more than you think.

I tell you what. I'll pose these exact questions to the devs themselves, since they are actually good observations.

I apparently know much more than you think.

I tell you what. I'll pose these exact questions to the devs themselves, since they are actually good observations.
    I'm not sure how you could expect honest answers as they have a obvious and dramatic interest in being divorced from any associations with owning CO, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I do honestly blame Atari for a great number of issues at Cryptic. Before CO was even ready, they stripped the team to start making STO. And then again from both CO and STO (not that there was much in the way of CO left to take from) to start work on NWO.
    I don't know one way or another about Atari's involvement in those decisions, but anyone who payed even casual attention to Jack E's words when he was involved with CoX should have zero surprise that those kinds of shenanigans went on in STO/CO.

The entire "$200! Hero of the North! Be a Founder!" campaign reeks of the "we better get our money up front!" strategy of the previous two games.
    I like the idea of the game, the reviews and vids I've seen to date look interesting ... but the hard sell, up front, is making me a little cautious this time in.
    Last edited by SableShadow; 03-08-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    Brenna and Tzanna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

I cant stand another minute of that well if I said what I really thought I would get banned from the fourms here. I found it to be a ugly poor playing console game and its not for me and I cant see how anything they can change for final will change my mind it played a bit like CO I was expecting little and was disapointed. I couldnt log in at first but they emailed me a solution quickly so thumbs up for that but in the zone I was in people jumped on anyone logging a complaint

I think some people might like it but I would rather play this or nothing instead of that.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    I think some people might like it but I would rather play this or nothing instead of that.
    Well at least ya tried it, Uska. No harm no foul right?

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    I don't know one way or another about Atari's involvement in those decisions, but anyone who payed even casual attention to Jack E's words when he was involved with CoX should have zero surprise that those kinds of shenanigans went on in STO/CO.

The entire "$200! Hero of the North! Be a Founder!" campaign reeks of the "we better get our money up front!" strategy of the previous two games.
    I like the idea of the game, the reviews and vids I've seen to date look interesting ... but the hard sell, up front, is making me a little cautious this time in.
    While I find your statements reasonable, because I left CO shortly after PW came into the picture I don't know at this time because I have no knowledge. I can only say the writing is on the wall and I've not seen any sign of change that I didn't expect to happen. Cryptics actions under PW and PW's own responses lead me to the decision to never bother with them again.

Under pressure from the wife I picked up T2 (pre release) in hopes it would be just as much fun and modded like T1 was. To date, it would appear the that while PW does not have a controlling share of Runic, Runic is under PW commands as Runic statements have been flatly opposite what they themselves stated/posted previously.

Well went to the beta for about an hour now..

The game animations are very clunky. The controls don't make a lot of sense. No xp for mob kills ( so like DDO in that respect ) and pretty boring to begin with.

Funny thing the game starts out on a beach after being attacked by a dracolich. Kind of amusing.

And exactly like I said plays just like Champions Online. Special moves and all.

I for one will not have anything to do with this horrid thing.
    Portals.

And exactly like I said plays just like Champions Online. Special moves and all.
    Do they still have the gawdawful fist-looking-thing that appears on top of mobs to tell you to block?
    Brenna and Tzanna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

I understand there will be many that do and do not like the game. DDOs hook for so long is its very unique (and fun) combat. For those of us that have been playing this game for so long, it's going to be hard to find any game that satisfies beyond what DDO offers.

There are plenty who have played both and are enjoying Neverwinter as much or better, and others that consider it their #2 game, so I think Neverwinter will have a bright future, but we shall see.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 03-08-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    I'm not sure how you could expect honest answers as they have a obvious and dramatic interest in being divorced from any associations with owning CO, don't they?
    It really doesn't matter what an individual developer thinks. What matters is who's name is it under, who has credit for it officially, and who owns its license. All of which falls under one name: Cryptic. Throughout the engine's history, it was Cryptic.

Same thing like a lot of stuff for defense. All ownership and rights are Raeython's even though they may hire an army of contractors out of ManPower to do the work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast