Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Community Member Loriac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    495

    Default

    On my WF juggernaut, quickened reconstruct hits for 435 (or just over 900 on crits). In EE content, this is barely enough, and I would say that he is at least semi-reliant on party healing (semi-reliant in that in a party situation you'll tend to aggro more than you would solo, so its not entirely apples-to-apples to compare the toon in a solo vs. party situation).

    There is no way a 217pt reconstruct would be worth it on a fleshie arty with construct essence (and this would cost at least 7 ap to achieve). Particularly as you'd end up worse than my juggernaut on positive healing too (wf healer's friend = 80% base healing vs. 75% with construct essence).

    Until and unless construct essence is changed to allow increased repairs (and reductions in the positive energy penalty) its complete rubbish on EE.

    The counterargument to this is likely to be that a juggernaut is melee whereas a pure arty is ranged, but in that case you're arguing for heal scrolls on the ranged arty imo - they are perfectly usable, and if you max out scroll mastery, you're looking at 262hp before heal amp (so probably over 300hp in typical situations).

  2. #22
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Arti UMD is currently borked. I've read that it has something to do with the Battle Engineer Enhancement.

    Anyway, I have Reconstruct on my #1 key. It never fails. Scrolls do.

    Mine is a ranged Artificer and stands nowhere near the burst/mass heals/cures. That Reconstruct leaves me alive until (near) last when parties wipe.

    You opinions are based on your play style. If that works for you, that's fine. Good for you.

    However, you can't tell me I'm wrong because I, too, run epic elites and I survive just fine and mostly self sufficient. In fact, I'm the guy who scroll heals and resurrects when the healers can't keep up.

    I spend a fortune on Heal scrolls and I use 80% on others, so I won't tolerate absolute statements from people who claim my play style doesn't work. When it does, for me.

  3. #23
    Community Member Loriac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Arti UMD is currently borked. I've read that it has something to do with the Battle Engineer Enhancement.

    Anyway, I have Reconstruct on my #1 key. It never fails. Scrolls do.

    Mine is a ranged Artificer and stands nowhere near the burst/mass heals/cures. That Reconstruct leaves me alive until (near) last when parties wipe.

    You opinions are based on your play style. If that works for you, that's fine. Good for you.

    However, you can't tell me I'm wrong because I, too, run epic elites and I survive just fine and mostly self sufficient. In fact, I'm the guy who scroll heals and resurrects when the healers can't keep up.

    I spend a fortune on Heal scrolls and I use 80% on others, so I won't tolerate absolute statements from people who claim my play style doesn't work. When it does, for me.
    <facepalm>

  4. #24
    The Hatchery Wipey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    GMT + 2
    Posts
    1,988

    Default

    There are lots of hjealers using renewals, capstone, divines/druids/melees cocoon, "some" scrolls so might as well make it work on a fleshy.

    Feat, gear, crippling self healing ( I mean ws4 hjeal scrolls hits fleshy for 500 ) and 50(?) sp for 200 hp self hjeal when cocoon does the same or renewal can heal you to full ?

    The second your hjealer see c rap numbers on fleshy might have to do something with you dying more often. Hey you need their heals ? Give them pretty ( and effective ) numbers, saves sp and not make them feel like wasting resources on someone that makes the job harder
    Bad feat, and every discussion thread have proved that.
    Ghallanda

  5. #25
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    There are lots of hjealers using renewals, capstone, divines/druids/melees cocoon, "some" scrolls so might as well make it work on a fleshy.

    Feat, gear, crippling self healing ( I mean ws4 hjeal scrolls hits fleshy for 500 ) and 50(?) sp for 200 hp self hjeal when cocoon does the same or renewal can heal you to full ?

    The second your hjealer see c rap numbers on fleshy might have to do something with you dying more often. Hey you need their heals ? Give them pretty ( and effective ) numbers, saves sp and not make them feel like wasting resources on someone that makes the job harder
    Bad feat, and every discussion thread have proved that.
    These threads don't "prove" anything except who is more vocal and opinionated. The forums population is by no means representative of DDO in general population.

    I've been in numerous mainly artie parties and usually I can repair 3/4 fleshies. whenever starting a raid (preferably before entering), I cast a repair any fleshy Artie I don't know, just to see if I can support them. And I usually can. Non-CE arties are the minority, in my experience.

    If it was such a bad feat, I wouldn't think it should be so popular. and yet it is.

    I'll be sure to share your "proof" with them, whenever I see that evidence.

  6. #26
    Community Member fco-karatekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Pretty much this. I enjoyed the burst healing from construct essence until level 20. I found it less useful after 20, but I still haven't found a better feat to swap for it.
    Past two arti's have been Helves with healing amp... really felt fragile from ~12 till about idk, 17-18... then devotion items, hamp, and UMD'ing scrolls started synergizing and from there thru 25 I was fine except against big bosses - then I hadda befriend the nearest cleric.

  7. #27
    Community Member fco-karatekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Arti UMD is currently borked.
    True statement, but (continuing my post from above) it's only off by a couple points of UMD... a GH (scrolled or in potion form) makes up the difference.

    If they ever fix the bug, we won't even need that.

    Like you, however, I like to play my playstyle; and that is to remain fleshy and UMD scrolls. Benefit to me is the fact more folks have sources of healing than of repair.

  8. #28
    Community Member FooWonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loriac View Post
    On my WF juggernaut, quickened reconstruct hits for 435 (or just over 900 on crits). In EE content, this is barely enough, and I would say that he is at least semi-reliant on party healing (semi-reliant in that in a party situation you'll tend to aggro more than you would solo, so its not entirely apples-to-apples to compare the toon in a solo vs. party situation).

    There is no way a 217pt reconstruct would be worth it on a fleshie arty with construct essence (and this would cost at least 7 ap to achieve). Particularly as you'd end up worse than my juggernaut on positive healing too (wf healer's friend = 80% base healing vs. 75% with construct essence).

    Until and unless construct essence is changed to allow increased repairs (and reductions in the positive energy penalty) its complete rubbish on EE.

    The counterargument to this is likely to be that a juggernaut is melee whereas a pure arty is ranged, but in that case you're arguing for heal scrolls on the ranged arty imo - they are perfectly usable, and if you max out scroll mastery, you're looking at 262hp before heal amp (so probably over 300hp in typical situations).
    ^^^ QFT ^^^

    Here are pics of my pre-U14 self-healing.

    With full healing gear (20 & 30 healing amp and 108 devotion item), heal scroll hits for 500+ & the CCW admixture for 250+. This is more than enough healing (without being conned) for level 1 elite until level 25 hard (including self-healing in all heroic elite raids). This isn't good enough to be a self-healing melee in epic elite. If I'm not careful with the hate I generate, my artificer will quickly die in epic elite.

    If you want to use ConEss, have at it. If you like the play style, go for it.

  9. #29
    Community Member Singular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    These threads don't "prove" anything except who is more vocal and opinionated. The forums population is by no means representative of DDO in general population.

    I've been in numerous mainly artie parties and usually I can repair 3/4 fleshies. whenever starting a raid (preferably before entering), I cast a repair any fleshy Artie I don't know, just to see if I can support them. And I usually can. Non-CE arties are the minority, in my experience.

    If it was such a bad feat, I wouldn't think it should be so popular. and yet it is.

    I'll be sure to share your "proof" with them, whenever I see that evidence.
    Just two days ago I was running with a good healer who opted to switch to a very aggressive and well played wiz/rogue combo. We're running through "A Cry for Help" on EE, both of us self-healing and doing well, when he finally says to me "I just realized you're a fleshy! I've been casting reconstruct on you this whole time and now I see that it's not working."

    So I was keeping up despite not having Construct Essence.

    But then he said "why don't you have construct essence?"

    hahahaha! That's fantastic.

    Anyways, your point's solid. If CE fits your play style, great. If it doesn't, great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload