Default Fatesinger: How do I use Masquerade?

Masquerade "allows to change twist of fate at a rest shrine". Do I just open currently inactive Epic Destiny, and drag a different ability into Twist of Fate box? Do I have to be in the process of "resting", or is just being near the shrine sufficient? If the former, the twist change must be done fast, as there are only a few seconds to do it.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Masquerade "allows to change twist of fate at a rest shrine". Do I just open currently inactive Epic Destiny, and drag a different ability into Twist of Fate box? Do I have to be in the process of "resting", or is just being near the shrine sufficient? If the former, the twist change must be done fast, as there are only a few seconds to do it.
    It probably works like Spells and like Shears worked, just after a rest you will be able to do it, as long as you don't move away from the shrine.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Basicly you open your ed window. Then click 'show all' checkbox. U will c in panel above inactive abilties now(they a grey). Now u can grab them from that window into your twist slots.
    You cant grab them from tree to the left.

To be able to do so, you must rest. It works just like swapping wizzard spells. You must rest, dont cast anything and dont go too far away from shrine.

Hope that helped.
    trixalai \o/ xirrantha \o/ trixilai //argonessen // Trolls Lair

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by khremlajn View Post
    Basicly you open your ed window. Then click 'show all' checkbox. U will c in panel above inactive abilties now(they a grey). Now u can grab them from that window into your twist slots.
    You cant grab them from tree to the left.

To be able to do so, you must rest. It works just like swapping wizzard spells. You must rest, dont cast anything and dont go too far away from shrine.

Hope that helped.
    Is Masquerade worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Infaelfind View Post
    Is Masquerade worth it?
    How often do you get part way through a quest a say: "Darn i wish I had twisted ability x instead of ability y"?

Quote Originally Posted by ~KrelarVersion2 View Post
    How often do you get part way through a quest a say: "Darn i wish I had twisted ability x instead of ability y"?
    Never

I suppose Masquerade might come handy if a quest features some drastically different environments which call for very different abilities. For example, a Fatesinger exploring King's Forest might keep Cloak of Shadows twisted because of all drow necromancers, but switch to Energy Sheath: Acid if green dragon has spawned. But that's really stretching it.

Since posting OP I had rearranged my Fatesinger's abilities, and got rid of Masquerade in the process. Seriously, it is near-useless.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"