Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 291

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    The Hatchery psteen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Argonessen
    Posts
    927

    Default I'm boycotting the upcoming Astral Shard Auction House

    Per the lammania release notes: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376774

    I refuse to support what I see as extremely harmful to the integrity of this game. Turbine is going way too far in the monetization scheme here... this is not a step, it is a massive leap. Sure you could do out of game trades of Turbine Point cards for items before, but now this practice has been made official and will soon be put in game for a much larger population to take advantage of.

    Therefore I am officially boycotting this real money auction house and I hope you will join me by saying so on this thread.

    That is all.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    654

    Default

    I think you are wrong OP. I think the current selling of TP codes is much worse than having something official like this. The only people trading TP codes are ones buying them. Astral shards can be gotten by many other means such as crunching tomes and turning in for astral diamonds then crunching to shards. To me this is evening the playing field for FTP players.

    Only thing I am not in favor of is the hefty commisions of 30% for unbound and 40% for BoE items. It really should be more like 10% and 20% for the premium in game currency.

  3. #3
    Community Member Aliss7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Happy Hunting Grounds
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    To me this is evening the playing field for FTP players.
    The ASAH is not available for f2p players. Only premium/VIP.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aliss7 View Post
    The ASAH is not available for f2p players. Only premium/VIP.
    Did not catch that part. I would vote open for all.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Did not catch that part. I would vote open for all.
    well, with the drop chance of those things in game, I doubt you stay below premium for long - as apparently you need shards even to post an auction.

  6. #6
    Community Member Cesarai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Astral shards can be gotten by many other means such as crunching tomes and turning in for astral diamonds then crunching to shards.
    Oh?

  7. #7
    Community Member bhgiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cesarai View Post
    Oh?
    My thoughts exactly. Where do you crunch tomes into shards? I have quite a few that are gathering dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    274

    Default how...

    Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    I think you are wrong OP. I think the current selling of TP codes is much worse than having something official like this. The only people trading TP codes are ones buying them. Astral shards can be gotten by many other means such as crunching tomes and turning in for astral diamonds then crunching to shards. To me this is evening the playing field for FTP players.

    Only thing I am not in favor of is the hefty commisions of 30% for unbound and 40% for BoE items. It really should be more like 10% and 20% for the premium in game currency.
    ...do you turn tomes into astral diamonds?

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    I think you are wrong OP. I think the current selling of TP codes is much worse than having something official like this. The only people trading TP codes are ones buying them. Astral shards can be gotten by many other means such as crunching tomes and turning in for astral diamonds then crunching to shards. To me this is evening the playing field for FTP players.

    Only thing I am not in favor of is the hefty commisions of 30% for unbound and 40% for BoE items. It really should be more like 10% and 20% for the premium in game currency.
    You dont get Astral Shards for Tomes and you dont get much Astral Diamonds.
    I play over a year now and surely way to much but i didnt get more then 2 Astral Diamonds both i got from Haverdasher..
    That plus the ones i won in the Lottery after playing the Lottery for 1 Year straight every day.
    So now care to explain how 35 Astral Shards in 1 Year shall let you buy anything in the AS AH without buying Astral Shards from the Shop and then getting cut down 40% just because Turbine has switched Greed on?
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    You dont get Astral Shards for Tomes and you dont get much Astral Diamonds.
    I play over a year now and surely way to much but i didnt get more then 2 Astral Diamonds both i got from Haverdasher..
    That plus the ones i won in the Lottery after playing the Lottery for 1 Year straight every day.
    So now care to explain how 35 Astral Shards in 1 Year shall let you buy anything in the AS AH without buying Astral Shards from the Shop and then getting cut down 40% just because Turbine has switched Greed on?
    Astral Shards are crunched from astral diamonds (5 shards for 1 diamond). And I crunched enough tomes to buy the tier 2 ship with the diamonds I received from them. So yeah you wont loot hardly any, but can get a quite a bit from crunching if you choose.

  11. #11
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Astral Shards are crunched from astral diamonds (5 shards for 1 diamond). And I crunched enough tomes to buy the tier 2 ship with the diamonds I received from them. So yeah you wont loot hardly any, but can get a quite a bit from crunching if you choose.
    So point me, in which evasive device in which hidden instance to do it.

  12. #12
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    So point me, in which evasive device in which hidden instance to do it.
    Think he is speaking of the Barter Box NPC in the crafting halls where to you can turn your +1/+2 Tomes into Purified Dragaon Shards. You can also use AD to exchange for Purified Dragon Shards.

    However, you cannot exchange Purified Dragon Shards into AD/AS.

    If we could, I would be a happier player.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Astral Shards are crunched from astral diamonds (5 shards for 1 diamond). And I crunched enough tomes to buy the tier 2 ship with the diamonds I received from them. So yeah you wont loot hardly any, but can get a quite a bit from crunching if you choose.
    I wrote that i found 2 Diamonds and won 5 in the lottery, which i crunched to 35 AS..

    And where would that Mysterious Machine be that lets you trade Tomes for AS?
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

  14. #14
    Community Member catmamor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    You dont get Astral Shards for Tomes and you dont get much Astral Diamonds.
    I play over a year now and surely way to much but i didnt get more then 2 Astral Diamonds both i got from Haverdasher..
    That plus the ones i won in the Lottery after playing the Lottery for 1 Year straight every day.
    So now care to explain how 35 Astral Shards in 1 Year shall let you buy anything in the AS AH without buying Astral Shards from the Shop and then getting cut down 40% just because Turbine has switched Greed on?
    Turbine used Greed - it's super effective


    There is nothing like a bit of stress-free slaughter to wind down after a busy day...and cake, there must also be cake.

  15. #15
    Community Member DogMania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Dover ,England
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    Per the lammania release notes: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376774

    I refuse to support what I see as extremely harmful to the integrity of this game. Turbine is going way too far in the monetization scheme here... this is not a step, it is a massive leap. Sure you could do out of game trades of Turbine Point cards for items before, but now this practice has been made official and will soon be put in game for a much larger population to take advantage of.

    Therefore I am officially boycotting this real money auction house and I hope you will join me by saying so on this thread.

    That is all.
    Your choice

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    Per the lammania release notes: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376774

    I refuse to support what I see as extremely harmful to the integrity of this game. Turbine is going way too far in the monetization scheme here... this is not a step, it is a massive leap. Sure you could do out of game trades of Turbine Point cards for items before, but now this practice has been made official and will soon be put in game for a much larger population to take advantage of.

    Therefore I am officially boycotting this real money auction house and I hope you will join me by saying so on this thread.

    That is all.
    If you want to boycott it, at least boycott it for the super high 40% cut. Which is the make money scheme part...

  17. #17
    The Hatchery psteen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Argonessen
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneArcher52689 View Post
    If you want to boycott it, at least boycott it for the super high 40% cut. Which is the make money scheme part...
    I'm going to boycott it because all of DDO's other monetization schemes didn't affect me. I could ignore them if I wanted with no harm to my character.

    Now, the plat AH has the potential of being largely abandoned, limiting my purchasing ability. I hate Shroud, but like greensteel. But now I have this suspicion that large ingredients will simply just not be found on the plat AH anymore. Same with worthwhile epic scrolls.

    You pay real money, or you are forced to rely on minuscule drop rates. That is what I see here.

  18. #18
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    I'm going to boycott it because all of DDO's other monetization schemes didn't affect me. I could ignore them if I wanted with no harm to my character.

    Now, the plat AH has the potential of being largely abandoned, limiting my purchasing ability. I hate Shroud, but like greensteel. But now I have this suspicion that large ingredients will simply just not be found on the plat AH anymore. Same with worthwhile epic scrolls.

    You pay real money, or you are forced to rely on minuscule drop rates. That is what I see here.
    Are ingredients and scrolls bind on equip?
    If not, you can sleep safely.

  19. #19
    The Hatchery psteen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Argonessen
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Are ingredients and scrolls bind on equip?
    If not, you can sleep safely.
    Ummmm... no. The description clearly says that unbound items can be sold.

  20. #20
    Community Member Raithe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    Ummmm... no. The description clearly says that unbound items can be sold.
    Yep. There is no doubt that at least a massive section of the market is going to switch over to the Shard Exchange. This is rather a strange tactic on the part of Turbine. It's like the entire scheme is just to avoid the negative vibe of selling platinum, directly, in the store.

    I imagine its an attempt to segregate the community (again) into those who will use and purchase Astral Shards regularly and those who will just play the game (essentially for free). A sort of softening of the blows for the plain appreciators of the actual game - but it hasn't really worked in the longterm.

    People leave the game because it has become a RMT powergamer's haven, and their attempts to disguise it hasn't really fooled anyone that might care.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload