Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 281 to 291 of 291
  1. #281
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    how long should I have patience? I have won 1 AS since DD began and I have played every single day. I don't pay for the gold chest either.

    the money does go to the game for more content. that seems to be the only thing they do with their profit.

    Does it matter? You are not paYing for those free rolls, what someone else has does not affect my gaming experience one bit. Just like the old lottery system many received stat tomes and other goodies, Inever did. I did not complain it was unfair or that it was illegal gambling.

    What should they do with profit? Send you a check?

  2. #282
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    the money does go to the game for more content. that seems to be the only thing they do with their profit.
    Wait, what?

    Why would anyone here think that Turbine does anything different with their profits than any other for-profit company?

    Some of the income that they take in goes toward developing new things to sell. Some of the income they receive goes toward paying expenses. Some of the income they receive goes to the owners (WB stockholders currently).

    Since development is actually classed as an expense, neither the first nor the second of those three items actually comes from profits. Because profits are income minus expenses.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  3. #283
    Community Member Postumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SW Wheloon
    Posts
    6,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    how long should I have patience? I have won 1 AS since DD began and I have played every single day. I don't pay for the gold chest either.

    the money does go to the game for more content. that seems to be the only thing they do with their profit.
    All you need is ONE astral shard to start earning them for free. Sell off some of your extra stuff on the ASAH and you will begin to accumulate them. As is evidenced in this thread.
    Last edited by Postumus; 04-04-2013 at 03:49 PM.

  4. #284
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mubjon View Post
    what someone else has does not affect my gaming experience one bit.
    Mustve glossed over all of the examples of how it can affect your gaming experience in the 6 months of threads these discussions have taken place in. People whose tolerance line hasnt been crossed yet just refuse be convinced by it, until their own tolerance line for all this stuff IS crossed. Then their posts start to reflect the same position I have taken on the topic. In short, it doesnt affect you until it does, and then, welcome to the dark side. Red light sabers are in the box to your left. Cookies to be served shortly.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  5. #285
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    All you need is ONE astral shard to start earning them for free. Sell off some of your extra stuff on the ASAH and you will begin to accumulate them. As is evidenced in this thread.
    Please, do suggest this same strategy to everyone. The shard based micro economy is designed so it cannot survive without regular incomming cash payments. If everybody adopts the same philosophy as what you linked here, the entire shard economy will come to a screaching halt.
    Last edited by Chai; 04-04-2013 at 05:56 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  6. #286
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    So then you approve of the new AS system that gets rid of that risk? Well, that's reasonable.
    Lets see how much risk it gets rid of when forum log ons are the same as our game log ons - you know, the one attached to the CCs people have on their accounts.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  7. #287
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Please, do suggest this same strategy to everyone. The shard based micro economy is designed so it cannot survive without regular incoming cash payments. If everybody adopts the same philosophy as what you linked here, the entire shard economy will come to a screeching halt.
    Isn't it like Turbine to give us what we want but hose it up in some way?

    Example A: Yellow Dopant/Shroud Deconstruction
    Example B: Spell component bags/Omnispell dust
    Example C: BTC Items/Shard exchange

    and so on...
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  8. #288
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Wait, what?

    Why would anyone here think that Turbine does anything different with their profits than any other for-profit company?

    Some of the income that they take in goes toward developing new things to sell. Some of the income they receive goes toward paying expenses. Some of the income they receive goes to the owners (WB stockholders currently).

    Since development is actually classed as an expense, neither the first nor the second of those three items actually comes from profits. Because profits are income minus expenses.
    i wasn't being literal. i was being snarky.

  9. #289
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    i wasn't being literal. i was being snarky.
    Okay. That at least makes sense.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  10. #290
    Community Member eonfreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Mustve glossed over all of the examples of how it can affect your gaming experience in the 6 months of threads these discussions have taken place in. People whose tolerance line hasnt been crossed yet just refuse be convinced by it, until their own tolerance line for all this stuff IS crossed. Then their posts start to reflect the same position I have taken on the topic. In short, it doesnt affect you until it does, and then, welcome to the dark side. Red light sabers are in the box to your left. Cookies to be served shortly.
    You might consider sending some of those cookies to the Devs. See if some of your concerns can be addressed that way. Because simply stating that people have a "line" seems to have little effect on the status quo.

    Stop hogging the cookies and you might make some headway with your crusade.

  11. #291
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    You might consider sending some of those cookies to the Devs. See if some of your concerns can be addressed that way. Because simply stating that people have a "line" seems to have little effect on the status quo.

    Stop hogging the cookies and you might make some headway with your crusade.
    Given the number of people who have been crusading and how long those people have been crusading, I don't think that the devs at Turbine are going to be effected by much that we say here on the forums.

    Losing a few customers doesn't matter to them if they think they can make more money off of the customers that remain.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload