Default The Shard Exchange - Turbine We Need Answers

Hello All!

The upcoming release of the Shard Exchange to me is curious, not surprising since many MMO's already have similar systems and its a system we will be seeing in more games in the future. This is part of the evolution of these types of games.

That being said, I"d like to hear what Turbines thoughts are on this system. I think this is an important enough change that Turbine, should share its long term thoughts on this. And how this is a benefit to players and the game (beyond the obvious financial gains by Turbine)

- How does this benefit players Now, more than the current AH system?
    - What plans are there to control inflation, other than punitive fee's?
    - Astral shards are pretty uncommon at the moment (unless you have bought a lot of Otto's boxes), rare in game and a pitiful few from Monster Manual III, how else are we going to acquire quantities of Astral Shards in game other than through the DDO Store?
    - Currently, the in game uses of Astral shards is small (in quest repairs, gold seal hirelings from vendors), what other uses are planned for Astral Shards?
    - Will we be able to convert in game currency (plat) into Astral Shards?

Answering these questions will go a long way to helping players like me, understand what Turbine's goals are. There is nothing new or innovative about this system, there is no reason to keep it locked up and away from players. This is a major fundamental change to the game and I think some openness on Turbine's end is needed.

Sadly Turibne, you have already done what you normally like to do, toss it on Lamannia with little or no warning, ask for feedback and then never respond. All many players want is an explanation as to why this new system, won't make everyone happy, but it would be a good start.

Thank You.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Bummer.

Oh well, was worth a shot!
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

The answer to all of the questions is whatever will make turbine the most money.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Ravensguard is a funloving bunch of friendly gentlemen and lady. Please send Eez an ingame tell and he'll gladly invite you into the guild. If he doesn't invite you in right away, just keep trying. He loves meeting new people.

Plat to astral shards? I'm thinking 99.9% no on this one. What I would like to see is an astral shard -> TP conversion. Right now, if you sell on the shard exchange you end up with astral shards, which I suppose you could use to buy more things on the shard exchange, but that's about it. If you could convert them back into TP or TP codes in some way then I think I could be a bit more interested in the whole concept.

As it stands currently, any btcoe items that are not yet equipped as well as any unbound items that are notable enough to be put on the shard exchange in the first place will just be traded through the forums or other means in order to avoid the outrageous fee. Already bound items seem to be the only thing that might get sold here and that's a very niche purpose indeed. I think there should be 0 shard auction fee for any item that is currently unbound and just the posting fee. Anything more than 0 and people will just use other means to move the items.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen