Hybrid View

Community Member

Default Mac stopped playing DDO this Monday

Posting for my girlfriend:

I've been running DDO on my Mac 10.7 without any more troubles than those glitches with the rainbow colors and disappearing screens (the latter which can be fixed by logging out and back in). However when I tried to log onto DDO on Monday (3/4/13) after loading a bunch of screens and then logging in, a pop up came up that says:

Restore Windows
    The application "Dungeons and Dragons Online" unexpectedly quit while trying to restore its windows. Do you want to try to restore its windows again?

It then gives me the options to restore or not restore windows. No matter which I press the application crashes.

Any insight into this?

*Note: I have already deleted the whole game and launcher and re-downloaded... the issue happens the same exact way. I have also rebooted many times.

I haven't seen the issue in DDO, but I have seen the "restoring windows" thing in other applications. This is the feature that Apple added which restores any open windows when an application is relaunched (so, for example, you don't have to manually reopen all the documents you were editing in your word processor). It's weird you would see this in DDO, but given that we see an "application crashed" message at every shutdown, maybe it's actually accurate for once.

I can't say this will help in your case, but one way to deal with this issue in general is to remove the application's saved state. It's similar to removing your preferences, in that you won't lose data, but you may lose some convenience settings.

This is untested in DDO (I've done this successfully with other applications). How to:

• go to Finder
    • Go menu, choose Go to Folder...
    • type in ~/Library/Saved Application State/
    • move the folders starting with "com.turbine.dnd" to the Trash (I see two on my machine, one for the launcher, one for the client)

I can't imagine any reason this would have bad effects, but if you're worried, don't empty the Trash until you're happy it worked.

Goodbye Mac, we will miss you. All those drunken raids, all of those crazy nights with the instagram incident !

Oh the times, always sad when a good player leaves. Have fun in RL and all that.

Can I haz your stuffs?

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Upfront, I am completely unfamiliar with macs. However, I have often found that whenever ddo abruptly and suddenly quits working on me, I've been shadow ninja updated by windows with something that screws it up good(despite me insisting to my computer to accept no updates without permission). Do Macs have restore points you could roll back to in case something like this has happened to you and that is the issue?
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

@MareCrisium - I went ahead and did that and now when I try to open DDO it 1) Says it's loading screens, 2) lets me put in my password, 3) briefly says "getting in line to log on" 4) crashes and turns off. So now it isn't giving me that original message. I wanted to add, though, that the message was not a Apple message, but it popped up inside of DDO and then after I got the crashed message from apple asking for me to send the crash report to Apple.

Initializing: Downloading "EN Loading screen 1-10" , "DE Loading SCreen 1-10", "FR Loading Screen 1-10", And maybe 2-3 inbetween that went so fast I couldn't write down.

Hmm, It crashes and Apple gives me the option to reopen. I clicked reopen I got this error: "Game Error [25661980] - The game client was passed invalid command-line parameters. [PlatformStringID_MustRunFromLauncher]

Community Member

Mumble Overlay broke DDO on the mac