Thread: Flame Blade

Default Flame Blade

I have recently created a spell based druid...
    I have specced myself out to be a seasons herald and am ready to prestige under my multi class with monk.

there's the back story.

Now, considering the flame blade.

it is an offensive spell.

therefore, shouldn't it benefit from Natures Warden, Seasons Herald and Eminence of the sun?

For a feat deprived class, this could get one spell a bit more power in relation to what sorcerers and wizards can hit.

not too mention, shouldn't it be able to benefit from spell power from items?

-end rant-

-Phyrak out

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Nature's Warden should work on it. It works on spells. But it only works on undead and aberrations, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Nature's Warden should work on it. It works on spells. But it only works on undead and aberrations, IIRC.
    I have had nothing about Nature's Warden working in the combat log.

It seems so half baked not having Eminence of the Sun buffing it, or any other selection of elements for that matter...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by phyrak View Post
    I have recently created a spell based druid...
    I have specced myself out to be a seasons herald and am ready to prestige under my multi class with monk.

there's the back story.

Now, considering the flame blade.

it is an offensive spell.

therefore, shouldn't it benefit from Natures Warden, Seasons Herald and Eminence of the sun?

For a feat deprived class, this could get one spell a bit more power in relation to what sorcerers and wizards can hit.

not too mention, shouldn't it be able to benefit from spell power from items?

-end rant-

-Phyrak out
    It is not an offensive spell. It is a utility spell that provides you a weapon. The spell itself requires no target, does not actually damage or hit anything. It just creates a weapon. As far as spell power is concerned, while it'd be nice, i don't see it happening. But you could make an argument in the suggestions thread where it might get more attention. I'd go for a .5x coefficient. Honestly, the only real problem is that the spell doesn't gain any of the bonus caster levels from seasons herald/fire ele form. Also, the spell should have a lvl 25 version.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure Crown of Summer works on it. I seem to recall seeing the icon with the damage numbers floating. I'll have to revisit this.\

I've been too busy farming on my artie lately.