The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Default There's Dozens of collectables - Please stop using the same ones

OK devs the ability to get lower level augments through collectors is amazing no complaints there...but seriously why do you keep using the same collectables...Cannith Crafting, Stone of Change and Collector Augments all use the same types of augments and I'm pretty sure there's a few collectables that aren't used at all (I could be wrong on this)

You have a mass amount of collectables please break them into 3 groups one for each use I shouldn't have to open up a saved word file to check which collectables are disposable and which are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

I say there should be augments on every single collector through the game.
    Even the hidden ones like the palemaster's guy, even the ones that dun count like the sands prospector.
    It's also a good chance as any to give the shroud collectors something useful to do.

I'm all for it. 99 percent of the collectables were useless until now.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Would be even nicer if we had augments all the way up to the last epic level.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Community Member

They use the same ones because that is what is available.
    Last edited by Zindro; 03-08-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Default OP's point is that this is not true

Quote Originally Posted by Zindro View Post
    If you look at the current collectibles list there are many collectibles with no crafting or turn-in value at all.

Matuse's investigation of the new turn in system shows an even worse state of the collectibles.

I agree with the OP, and sincerely hope that the preview of the new changes does not make it to live. Doubtful that wish will be fulfilled though
    Character Compendium

Default OP's point is that this is not true

Quote Originally Posted by Zindro View Post
    If you look at the current collectibles list there are many collectibles with no crafting or turn-in value at all.

Matuse's investigation of the new turn in system shows an even worse state of the collectibles.

I agree with the OP, and sincerely hope that the preview of the new changes does not make it to live. Doubtful that wish will be fulfilled though.
    Character Compendium

hmmm...I like the idea but not the implementation...maybe if we want a devs comments...someone could possibly use that research and make suggestions?

Honestly, most of what they did with the collectibles is junk. BUT if they changed it a bit it could be an extremely helpful and useful system...

The turn-ins need to be switched around...the super expensive ones need to be removed from the turn-ins...and changed out with the ones that are either not used at all or completely useless. We just need to help the devs with a list...I don't know them well and didn't do the research so it's sure not going to be me...but be constructive people...they new system is trash...lets recycle it and try to help...