Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,234

    Default Named Augment that allows crafting

    Add a named colourless augment to the random loot table that add converts an Augment Slot into a Cannith crafting slot.

    +1 potential per ML rank, so +1 at ML0 and +7 at ML24. Either a Prefix or Suffix, not both.

    Use the same rules for item restrictions and item ML up to 20.

    For example: put +13 Balance on Halcyon Boots or Seeker +8 on Bulwark of the Storm's Fist.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

  2. #2
    The Hatchery CaptainSpacePony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North American East Coast Interwebs
    Posts
    1,425

    Default

    I believe this would be overpowered, but more importantly, the devs have already stated that Cannith craftable named items are too problematic and they probably won't introduce any more.

    I just want to be able to craft augments. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=410972
    Cilon can be found on Orien.

  3. #3
    Community Member Kinerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,710

    Default

    Player response: That sounds really cool, let's think about the implications though.

    Dev response: "Cannith crafting", what's that? IGNORED.

  4. #4
    Community Member Artos_Fabril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    And of course, the most common option would be level 0 augment for +1 craftable, just so you can add masterful craftsmanship I and use it 2 levels sooner.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    I believe this would be overpowered, but more importantly, the devs have already stated that Cannith craftable named items are too problematic and they probably won't introduce any more.

    I just want to be able to craft augments. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=410972
    I'm not entirely sure it will be OP. Especially since it should increase ML. Second as a 140+ crafter, I feel the augment system has pretty much replaced any investment in terms of high level gear.

    Flexible Heavy Fort cloak? Just stuff it in a slot.

    Certainly for low level gear and TRs crafting has a lot of value. But that is a very low entry cost.

    Crafting augments has some merit, especially if they are unbound. That would create a new economic incentive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post
    And of course, the most common option would be level 0 augment for +1 craftable, just so you can add masterful craftsmanship I and use it 2 levels sooner.
    Even if this did work, at the very it would be prefix, suffix or masterful craftsmanship. Also AML would still apply.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

  6. #6
    Community Member Artos_Fabril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emptysands View Post
    I'm not entirely sure it will be OP. Especially since it should increase ML.
    Level 25 gear wouldn't increase ML until the level cap raises, so it would be pure powerup. Also, at level 4 it would supplant any other weapon mod by adding holy.
    Quote Originally Posted by emptysands View Post
    Even if this did work, at the very it would be prefix, suffix or masterful craftsmanship. Also AML would still apply.
    It works on Rune Arms, why wouldn't to work on raid loot?

    AML 20 on epic raid loot wouldn't matter , but would drop ML for CitW loot to 21, and EE GH loot to 23. That's a pretty significant difference. and since none of the old epic loot is coded as "AML" that opens up eSoS, eChaosBlades, etc to being made ML18. Not to mention if they do a pass on other raid loot like Tempest's Spine got.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload