Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default The Official Daily Dice Thread!

Please post here with your feedback on the Daily Dice!

Daily Dice

Earn daily rewards from the Dungeon Master just for logging in! When you log into the game each day, you'll get a notification that a daily reward is available. The Daily Dice system can be accessed from the start menu, or by clicking the icon that displays in your health bar when a free roll is available (this small icon appears next to the mail icon). Each player gets a free roll on the Silver Chest loot table once per day (this is one free roll per account per server), and can spend Astral Shards for additional rolls if desired. Players can also choose to use their free Silver Chest roll to reduce the cost of a roll on the Gold Chest table. Players can spend Astral Shards to roll on the Gold Chest table.
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 03-07-2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Edited to make the free roll restrictions clearer.

What exactly is the silver chest? A random item as pulled from a chest equal the character level? A full lottery, bringing items from "useful to you", to "much high level for you to use", passing by "possibly a low chance at a named item" and "total trash"? Chance for plat/gems/shards/TP?

So far, all I got is that it is a "click here to do stuff" button, but no guide for what exactly you get from it.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

We really need more specifics on this system from the dev's.

-Is the system 1 use/account/day, 1 use/character/day, or some other convoluted system?
    -What exactly can one obtain from the silver chest?
    -What is the base cost of the gold chest, the discounted cost of the gold chest, and the use/day limit of the gold chest?
    -What items are available in the two different chests?
    -What is the binding status on the items obtained from these chests?
    -What is the cost for additional rolls on the silver chests?
    -Can the additional rolls be used towards a discount on the gold chest rolls?

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    What exactly is the silver chest? A random item as pulled from a chest equal the character level? A full lottery, bringing items from "useful to you", to "much high level for you to use", passing by "possibly a low chance at a named item" and "total trash"? Chance for plat/gems/shards/TP?

So far, all I got is that it is a "click here to do stuff" button, but no guide for what exactly you get from it.
    You roll a Virtual d 100 and depending on what you roll, depends on your prize. Essentially a 1 gets you some plat... while a 100 can get you some nice stuff.

Beyond hitting the "click here" button, there isn't anything else.

Low rolls get you collectables (which remember you can turn into the vendors for augments), plat, AStral shards. Mid score rolls get basic store items. I managed to roll a 100 on the gold Chest and got a +4 Upgrade Tome. Also lots of mana pots, xp pots, guild renown pots, pet certificates (gold chest). Basically cruddy store items are on the silver chest, better store items on the gold chest, plus other goodies.
    Last edited by Grosbeak07; 03-05-2013 at 07:24 PM.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    We really need more specifics on this system from the dev's.

-Is the system 1 use/account/day, 1 use/character/day, or some other convoluted system?
    -What exactly can one obtain from the silver chest? Plat/Collectibles/store items
    -What is the base cost of the gold chest, the discounted cost of the gold chest, and the use/day limit of the gold chest? 15 shards undiscounted, 12 discounted.
    -What items are available in the two different chests? For examples 10% xp pots from the Silver Chest... 50% Pots from the Gold Chest.
    -What is the binding status on the items obtained from these chests?
    -What is the cost for additional rolls on the silver chests? 3 Astral Shards.
    -Can the additional rolls be used towards a discount on the gold chest rolls?
    Some details.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Some details.
    Thanks, much appreciated. Would still like a dev post detailing exactly what is available in the two types of chests, being as they cost real money to use after the first free one.

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    Thanks, much appreciated. Would still like a dev post detailing exactly what is available in the two types of chests, being as they cost real money to use after the first free one.
    I'm sure someone will have a screenshot of the two chests soon enough!

Here's what I think I will do with this system: I will take the daily free spin and then ignore it. It just sounds like a way to get me to spend astral shards and that just sounds like a way to get me to spend real money. I already spend enough real money. I don't need some lottery hope for unreal goods to further drain my bank account.

Personally, I think it is an inevitable but also horrible idea. And, I'm sorry to see it coming to DDO.

I think I'd rather just spend real money on TP and spend it on exactly what I want rather than a random item, though it looks like you could actually get some good value for your investment if you are lucky (unlike the egg hunt which was a blatant cruel cashgrab). I'll be happy to have a free silver roll every day, but the gold chest seems like a shard sink. I'll wait to see a complete detailed list of gold rewards before deciding to dump any shards into it.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

so if I'm understanding correctly it is essentially a Account Appreciation mechanism reward incentive for people to log their accounts on at least once per day with the choice between get something now, or try for a better spin...

I'm noticing from the listed items that it appears to be more a marketing approach of "free samples" but make them think they are earning them.

For me it will be a matter of exactly how long will it take for the "You have a Spin!" message to become more of an irritation than an ignorable nuisance. {If you haven't guessed by now, I'm not a fan, even more disappointed they have spent money/time developing this instead of fixing "Quality of Life Bugs"}

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    so if I'm understanding correctly it is essentially a Account Appreciation mechanism reward incentive for people to log their accounts on at least once per day with the choice between get something now, or try for a better spin...

I'm noticing from the listed items that it appears to be more a marketing approach of "free samples" but make them think they are earning them.

For me it will be a matter of exactly how long will it take for the "You have a Spin!" message to become more of an irritation than an ignorable nuisance. {If you haven't guessed by now, I'm not a fan, even more disappointed they have spent money/time developing this instead of fixing "Quality of Life Bugs"}
    I didn't even notice a message, other than a small dot by my character's portrait.

We have had lotteries (that never really worked) in place for a long time now. This is the system they should have done at the start.

So you get a free item, maybe something good.. most likely not. But no one is forcing you to spend money to try and get something better... remember that. And if you do, well I hope you make out.

Spending shards for additional spins thinking you'll get something better or are "on a streak" is preying on that good 'ole Gambler's Fallacy.

Used 1500 (100 rolls).

Got quite a few pets, including Obsidian Earth Elemental which I've never seen ingame, yellow dopant, and epic dragonscales. Lots of junk too. :P

One thing that stood out as weird: Instead of going to my overflow cache, the Obsidian Earthguy was instantly added to my stable and summoned.
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.
    olganon.org - A videogame shouldn't be your life.

If I log in every day but don't use my free spin, can I bank them until I have 5 and then get a free spin on the gold chest? That's the only way I can see ever playing the gold chest lotto. And it would probably get me to log on more too. But I'm not going to be buying shards just to roll the dice on this.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

some rolls on the gold side:

(Standard): You rolled a 7 on your Daily Dice which earns you Collectables & Shards
    (Standard): You obtain Cryptmoss, a Glittering Dust, Cryptmoss Worm, a Research Diary, and a Sweet Whitecap.
    (Standard): You rolled a 77 on your Daily Dice which earns you Greater Boosts
    (Standard): You obtain a Greater Guild Renown Elixir.
    (Standard): You rolled a 19 on your Daily Dice which earns you Collectables & Shards
    (Standard): You obtain a Flawless Red Dragon Scale.
    (Standard): You rolled a 5 on your Daily Dice which earns you Collectables & Shards
    (Standard): You obtain a Chipped Bone Talisman, an Amulet of the Lost Empire, a Bloodfeast Fungus, a Bruised Spore Pod, a Mystical Formula, and 10 Astral Shards.
    (Standard): You rolled a 40 on your Daily Dice which earns you Crafting
    (Standard): You obtain 55 Lesser Chaos Essences.
    (Standard): You rolled a 46 on your Daily Dice which earns you Consumables
    (Standard): You obtain 5 Potions of Fire Shield (Warm).
    (Advice): [Uurlock] (Standard): You obtain 2 Major Slayer Count Boosts.
    (Standard): You obtain 2 Major Slayer Count Boosts.
    (Standard): You rolled a 93 on your Daily Dice which earns you Special Rewards
    (Standard): You obtain 4 Siberys Spirit Cakes.
    (Standard): You obtain Powdered Blood, 115 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments, a Page torn from a Research Notebook, a Tome: Myths of Old Xen'drik, a Tome: Stormreach Imports and Exports, 857 YK, and a Blade of the Dark Six.
    70: medium xp pot
    98: 75 astral shards
    4: (Standard): You obtain a Research Diary, a 'Wavecrasher' Cargo Manifest, and an Amber Vial.
    94: (Standard): You obtain a Poison Bat Certificate.
    19: (Standard): You obtain a Romantic Sonnet, a Chipped Bone Talisman, and a Duskbrood Trumpeter.
    22: (Standard): You obtain a Ritual Candle, a Blessed Candle, 568 Khyber Dragonshard Fragments, a Swaying Mushroom Cluster, and a Mystical Formula.
    79: medium xp elixir
    15: (Standard): You obtain an Amulet of the Six, a Ruddy Fungus, and a Ritual Candle.
    36: (Standard): You obtain 17 Greater Water Essences.
    40: small gnawed bone
    91: (Standard): You obtain a Bronze Golem Certificate.
    83: (Standard): You obtain a Major Experience Elixir.
    73: medium xp
    41: (Standard): You obtain 54 Lesser Body Essences.
    1: (Standard): You obtain an Amber Vial, a Phoenix Tavern Purchase Order, a Blade of the Dark Six, and a Blade of the Dark Six.
    2: (Standard): You obtain an Amber Vial, a Sweet Whitecap, a String of Prayer Beads, a Sweet Whitecap, Powdered Blood, and 177 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments.
    74: (Standard): You obtain 3 Huge Jewels of Fortune.
    21: (Standard): You obtain a Page torn from a Research Notebook, a Cryptmoss Queen, and Withered Cryptmoss.
    35: (Standard): You obtain a Mystical Cannith Power Cell.
    70: med xp
    13: (Standard): You obtain a Page torn from a Research Notebook, a Sweet Whitecap, a Sweet Whitecap, and a Sparkling Dust.
    26: medium twisted shrapnel
    58: 5 pots fire shield (warm)
    7: (Standard): You obtain a Cryptic Message, a Bruised Spore Pod, and a Ruddy Fungus.
    91: (Standard): You obtain a Raid Timer Bypass Hourglass.
    46: (Standard): You obtain 5 Elixirs of Angels Tears.
    67: (Standard): You obtain 2 Large Jewels of Fortune.
    97: (Standard): You obtain 3 Rest of the Eladrin Statuettes.
    79: major xp pot
    32: small gnawed bone
    83: greater xp
    17: (Standard): You obtain Cryptmoss Worm, a Blade of the Dark Six, and an Amber Vial.
    45: (Standard): You obtain 16 Greater Air Essences.
    92: 35 AS’s
    79: greater xp
    75: med xp
    82: greater
    26: Standard): You obtain 17 Greater Good Essences.
    1: (Standard): You obtain a Swaying Mushroom Cluster, a Ritual Candle, a Ivory Scorpion Icon, an Amulet of the Lost Empire, and a Ruddy Fungus.
    21: (Standard): You obtain Cryptmoss Worm Larva, a Page torn from a Research Notebook, a Glittering Dust, and a Sweet Whitecap.
    67: greater guild renown
    49: 2 pots of lv20 haste
    4: (Standard): You obtain a Vial of Pure Water, Cryptmoss Worm Larva, a Sparkling Dust, a Skull Fragment, and a 'Wavecrasher' Cargo Manifest.
    100: +4 Upgrade Tome of Intelligence (+3 to +4)
    47: (Standard): You obtain 5 Lasting Elixirs of Supreme Ability.
    34: (Standard): You obtain a Medium Splintered Horn.
    55: (Standard): You obtain 55 Lesser Air Essences.
    61: (Standard): You obtain 3 Concentrated Elixirs of Major Mnemonic Enhancement.
    77: huge jewel x2
    : (Standard): You obtain a Ritual Candle, a Duskbrood Trumpeter, a Fragrant Drowshood, a Silver Bowl, and 245 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments.
    13: (Standard): You obtain a Small Eberron Dragonshard Fragment, a Page torn from a Research Notebook, a Page torn from a Research Notebook, Cryptmoss Worm Larva, and 15 Astral Shards.
    35: (Standard): You obtain a Durable Alloy.
    33: (Standard): You obtain a Glowing Ingot.
    98: 2 sib cakes
    91: 2 raid timer bypass
    74: (Standard): You obtain 3 Major Crafting Experience Elixirs.
    94: 50 As’s
    60: (Standard): You obtain 2 Potions of Haste (Level 20).
    25: (Standard): You obtain a Tome: Legend VII.
    69: (Standard): You obtain a Greater Slayer Count Boost.
    82: (Standard): You obtain a Major Guild Renown Elixir.
    98: (Standard): You obtain 10 Bells of Opening.
    27: (Standard): You obtain a Fortified Compound.
    94: Purple Cranium Rat Certificate
    99: 75 astral shards
    97: 3 sib spirit cakes
    93: (Standard): You obtain a Green Kobold Shaman Certificate.
    95: true heart of wood

i love this idea just like a free lottery. even better if its per toon but i didnt read that far.

Looks like they moved the DDO Lottery from myDDO, which is perpetually buggy and doesn't encourage people to actually play the game.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    {If you haven't guessed by now, I'm not a fan, even more disappointed they have spent money/time developing this instead of fixing "Quality of Life Bugs"}
    Each time this BS gets repeated...

DO YOU REALLY THINK TURBINE IS 1 PERSON?

People that do most of new things that get placed in game got nothing to do with fixing bugs.
    Each time they change graphics, add new items, icons or whatever, the same thing is repeated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Sounds interesting. A few more details would be good but I'll check it out nonetheless.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    Here's what I think I will do with this system: I will take the daily free spin and then ignore it. It just sounds like a way to get me to spend astral shards and that just sounds like a way to get me to spend real money. I already spend enough real money. I don't need some lottery hope for unreal goods to further drain my bank account.

Personally, I think it is an inevitable but also horrible idea. And, I'm sorry to see it coming to DDO.
    Oh, it is an idea to get you to spend real money.

Then you could put this stuff up on the AH and make plat! (aaaand all these pots are no min level. 20 minute DWard on your level 4 Barbarian? No problem!)
    CL:20 unbound Death Ward pots (20 mins)
    CL:20 unbound Haste pots (2 mins)
    CL:20 unbound Fire Shield (Warm) pots (1 min 45 seconds)
    Chipmunk Funk and Devil Scales

Or..... just sell casts of your new Huge Jewels of Fortune in trade chat
    Or sell greensteel you just made from this: (Standard): You obtain a Shavarath Signet Stone.
    Or post the Gray Cranium Rat certificate you just got on the AH....

BTW, I shattered 1000 Astral Shards and only got one "Platinum Roll", for which I received 3 Greater Siberys Spirit Cakes.

I got a kick out of my last roll of the batch.....
    (Standard): You rolled a 91 on your Daily Dice which earns you Special Rewards
    (Standard): You obtain a Raid Timer Bypass Hourglass.

This is too much like a "Real Money AH". It's gross, it's cheesy, and it really furthers the divide between the haves and the have-nots, the hardcore gamers and the casual ones.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast