Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Strange, at the time I capped my first character's xp the only epics I even had access to were VoN, Sands and the LoD chain. Of those, the only quests I ransacked were VoN 2, wizking and Lords of Dust. There is plenty of xp available.
    Always plenty as long as you can earn even 1 xp from slayers...

But that doesn't mean there is enough, at least for people that don't like doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

The point being that if the xp progression continues the current pattern it is going to take a LOT to get to 28.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I think youre underestimating their ability to require you to buy one thing in order to give you physical access to something you technically already have "access" to. They already have a track record for it. How are you doing any VIP quest in FR without owning the first expansion? Wont surprise me at all when the second FR based expansion comes out and you need the first one just to gain access to the method by which you travel to the second one.
    By running the F2P quest "Through the Rift". Eveningstar has never required anybody buy anything to get to, you just needed to buy (or be given) access to the quests/explorers there.

Community Member

Because they are some of the most fun quests in DDO with good XP. Also they are visually quite a lot better then most Eberron content. If it is only gear you are after then the new shiny usually trumps the old shiny.

If I can choose between running 1 quest 10 times or running 10 different quests once each for similar xp gains...yea variety is good and grinding is boring. (not to say I have not done my share of it)

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default motu

I would state that the good news is that: You don't have to buy Motu in order to enjoy the game. Its a matter of flavor and preference. I would highly recommend it. The quests and explorer areas are amazing and well put together. There was a time in DDO were there wasn't enough content to keep you busy for too long. Now, there is so much content that you dont have to do it all to enjoy the game.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

It is pretty simple really. You want new content get the expansion. If you decide you do not with people who complain about it. Do not. Really how much more simple must it be. If you want to stay in eb..cool but for those of us who want more fr content do not dig on us. You have the choice so why is this even a topic. Are you still driving a pinto? kidding some of us want to go forward but you do not have to.

It is kinda like playing nwn2..you get the (1st)expansion cause you want more to do but you do not like it...So do not buy the second (yet you do buy it and *****)..sorry this arguement is silly. Put the credit card down and play something you think deserves it
    Last edited by silence383; 03-13-2013 at 02:54 AM.

Other than the points already made, I'd like to highlight this part:

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgari View Post

I'm guessing the new expansion will offer better gear
    That's not an assumption we can make at this point, given that the level range given on the content is ML16+.

Besides, better is- at its best- a relative term.
    Hopefully we can keep a certain developer from their habit of simply trying to straight up upgrade gear, even when the gear drops from easier locations [and rather, providing unique offerings that deliver specialized long-lasting/end-game benefits (such as the new Swim Like A Fish )].
    The last update really has helped hit a lot of the overall gear balancing issues present in the game, so that's looking up.
    Last edited by Dagolar; 03-13-2013 at 03:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Community Member

Default Stuffz

Because i've got lots of stuffz to sell them for their plat
    RTFM on Khyber

Community Member

Default I'm not so sure about that gear argument

With all due respect Chai, 4 year ago we are talking about 4 years ago from today you would be playing from the release Module 8: Prisoners of Prophecy, released on Wednesday October 29th, 2008. . The latest and greatest gear from that release was:

1. Dragontouched armor. Yes that's right, DT armor.

2. Korthos gear for lowbies

3. Hound and VOD gear (which was from Module 7 actually but that was considered some of the latest gear people were still farming for at the time)

Now, later on that year, (around 3 years and 6 months ago) on Monday, August 31st, 2009, we had Eberron Unlimited (AKA Module 9) we had of course:

1. TOD gear (which I guess you could say some is still OK....for some people)

Now, after that we had IQ (everything is irrelevant now from there except PLIS) (about 3 years ago)

Now, what specific gear were you referring to that is 4 years old from the list above that is still valid?

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Most people arent focused with farming only the most current content until their eyes bleed and like to play in different areas regularly. They also understand that the second best item in slot is just that, the second best item in slot, and not garbage simply because its not the best item in slot. This "current gear will be obsolete" stuff perpetuated on these forums is a myth. 4 year old gear still isnt obsolete. Why would 6 month old gear be?
    RTFM on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Machination View Post
    Now, what specific gear were you referring to that is 4 years old from the list above that is still valid?
    The fact that GS is even older than that breaks his point?

Gear that is 4 (or more!) years old that is still relevant, if not best-in-slot:

GS accessories (Conc-Op, MinII, clickies); some GS weapons (RadII, 3Pos)
    Torc
    Tharne's Goggles (just got bumped by Dream Visor, still probably #3 in slot)

ToD rings are still best-in-slot for monks, and Tempest, Ravager, and Encrusted are good for other melees.

Stretch it a little further, and you get eSoS and eChaosblades

Of course, in those 4 years, we only raised the cap by 5 levels. In the next 4 years, by current trends, we'll hit a cap of 36-40... An ML 40 lootgen item could be +7 Meteoric (Weapon) of Obscenity, and a loot boosted, blessed chest that normally drops level 40 loot could push that to +9-10 or add a red slot...

why buy motu? because some of the quests are alot of fun...same reason to buy alot of the packs that dont drop uber end game gear ...because they are fun

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123