Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default My 2pp

Quote Originally Posted by decease View Post
    because it is fun fighting drow.. also my favorite area is king's forest~~
    ^^ This.

There are a couple different camps as to what this game is, but the 2 I will focus on are the "I must have the highest levels achieved and all the best gear" camp, and the "I like the story and like how this is all shaping up" camp.

Neither is right nor wrong, but I am guessing people who still want to see Sschyndlyryn, want to experience King's Forest, want to get a real idea of the lore of the 3 houses will still buy or want to buy MotU. The people who want the best gear and care more for the XP/ min than what Gianthold is or why they are doing what they are doing will move on and probably not come back.

This makes great sense to Turbine as many people from the Min/Max camp have already purchased the game in order to stay on the cutting edge, so no more need to farm that market. Those who care more for the lore that were GOING to buy MotU don't care as much for gear and still will, so if you can look at it in that narrow mindset it makes sense and is their answer to appeasing as many potential markets as possible.

I bought MotU because I'm a flower sniffer (since we have a hireling named Flower, I am compelled to say the plant variety. The other does not have as good a result) and I liked the way the quests and areas looked and am enjoying finally looking through some of that content. I will buy the new packs or expansion because I have no willpower and peer pressure works very well on me. That same reason (me loving the story) is why challenges never caught on with me and I don't do them very often.

TL;DR version - Turbine will make money off of both. Those that were gonna buy MotU will still do so.
    Ghallanda - LLEWNDYN 27 Necro Wiz (completionist) + other random uncared for players - Blackmoor Defenders
    Thelanis - Llewndyn (FVS), Brickadoom Jenkins (barb/ ftr)
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Nerf Happiness

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    So, in summary...I do not understand the words coming out of your mouth and frankly I can't imagine a more short-sighted question appearing anywhere on these forums for the foreseeable future.
    +1 sir! The most gental slam I have seen in a long tme-

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Community Member

They shouldn't, unless the price goes way down. The 3 MoTU packs should be sold in a bundle for 1150 TP or something.

Of all epic packs, MoTU is the lowest priority. Anything else is better, even the cannith challenge pack.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    Of all epic packs, MoTU is the lowest priority. Anything else is better, even the cannith challenge pack.
    If I 'yourddo' your characters and screenshot it for the forums, how much MotU stuff are we going to see?

Exactly.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

Because they enjoy playing ddo and there is plenty of challenging and fun content in motu?

1. MotU art design is killer. They absolutely nailed Sshyndyllryn/Underdark. Demon Web is pretty cool as well.

2. Raid is fun and has some really powerful boom sticks when fully upgraded

3. Some clever quest designs (Impossible Demands etc)

4. Some MotU gear remains best-in-slot (Dun Robar Seals etc)

5. Is killing Demons and Drow not on your to-do list? I know collecting cosmetic pets is hard work but really....

6. They discount the **** out of the Expansion occasionally. Anyone who can afford to log on with an internet connection should have no problem purchasing it when it's on sale

7. Loads of farm-able XP

8. The people you run with own it, are you going to say "sorry guys...I can't run 'X' with you because (cue sad, sad violin music)"
    This I agree with. Demon web spins me out a bit, but I think that's just me really. People will buy the pack for many of the same reason they buy/ run the other older stuff. Lots of packs out there are run because they give you EITHER good xp OR loot OR story, art etc, but not the all of them. I personally run the catacombs chain with just about every character I roll... lots of other people dont

So, in summary...I do not understand the words coming out of your mouth and frankly I can't imagine a more short-sighted question appearing anywhere on these forums for the foreseeable future.
    This, I do not agree with. Everyone has the right to an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

Community Member

If I 'yourddo' your characters and screenshot it for the forums, how much MotU stuff are we going to see?

Exactly.
    You will see a lot of rusted blades and death undone runs, plus a few caught in the web ones.
    These days I only run MoTU stuff to help people out.

Edit: I just checked and it seems like you won't see anything except a very long loading screen :P
    Last edited by Kmnh; 03-05-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

YourDDO Creator
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    You will see a lot of rusted blades and death undone runs, plus a few caught in the web ones.
    These days I only run MoTU stuff to help people out.

Edit: I just checked and it seems like you won't see anything except a very long loading screen :P
    I just loaded up your toons in your sig in YourDDO and they load rather quickly actually. If you're having issues viewing your toons on the site, send me a PM or an email with your browser info and I'll take a look into it some more.

Greensteel Planner, ToD Ring Planner, Server Status, Monster Manual Reference
    I was a Mournlander
    Silas_O'Reilly is now known as Ague in the forums!!

Because the quests are a lot of fun, and the explorer areas amazing?

hell i even own 3bc.... that is a ghost town (btw rly could use double base xp on those quests...)

keep sending quests turbine, i hate to grind the same ones :P

Quote Originally Posted by Maxallu View Post
    Because they enjoy playing ddo and there is plenty of challenging and fun content in motu?
    What? Where?!

Most people arent focused with farming only the most current content until their eyes bleed and like to play in different areas regularly. They also understand that the second best item in slot is just that, the second best item in slot, and not garbage simply because its not the best item in slot. This "current gear will be obsolete" stuff perpetuated on these forums is a myth. 4 year old gear still isnt obsolete. Why would 6 month old gear be?
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by silence383 View Post
    Exactly what I am thinking. You will most likely need the first expansion to get the second.
    Chance for that is somewhere between 0% and 0,000000000000001%.
    Why would they (turbines) want to reduce their incomes?

2. Raid is fun
    REALLY!? I want stuff you're smoking too. Standing under gigantic (and a bit ugly) boob and holding down left mouse button is fun?

5. Is killing Demons and Drow not on your to-do list? I know collecting cosmetic pets is hard work but really....
    Please, killing drow was so extremally overused in so many games before, that it was boring long before motu was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    standing under gigantic (and a bit ugly) boob and holding down left mouse button
    wow that sound fun to me..=P
    DDO have betray it's lineage, it is no longer any true to DND.. which Is why am gone.. for good..

Chance for that is somewhere between 0% and 0,000000000000001%.
    Why would they (turbines) want to reduce their incomes?
    I think youre underestimating their ability to require you to buy one thing in order to give you physical access to something you technically already have "access" to. They already have a track record for it. How are you doing any VIP quest in FR without owning the first expansion? Wont surprise me at all when the second FR based expansion comes out and you need the first one just to gain access to the method by which you travel to the second one.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I think youre underestimating their ability to require you to buy one thing in order to give you physical access to something you technically already have "access" to. They already have a track record for it. How are you doing any VIP quest in FR without owning the first expansion? Wont surprise me at all when the second FR based expansion comes out and you need the first one just to gain access to the method by which you travel to the second one.
    Vips can do f2p quests to accest forgotable realms; expansion is not required to get into eveningstar (but lack of hey is annoying).

And how turbine done it in lotro?
    You don't need to buy moria (1st expansion) to do quests in mirkwood (2nd expansion), rise of isengard (3rd) is also not required for riders of rohan contend (4th).

Requiring motu to acces new xpack will prevent people withiut motu buying it, plain and simple, and turbine want money.

You don't need to buy moria (1st expansion) to do quests in mirkwood (2nd expansion), rise of isengard (3rd) is also not required for riders of rohan contend (4th).
    This is not Lotro, or maybe you are on the wrong forum?

Vips can do f2p quests to accest forgotable realms; expansion is not required to get into eveningstar (but lack of hey is annoying).

Requiring motu to acces new xpack will prevent people withiut motu buying it, plain and simple, and turbine want money.
    LOTRO also has a cosmetic slot for gear. Did they do the same thing in DDO?

You got it right that they want to make money, but thinking they wouldnt try to capitalize by requiring the first for the second is a stretch. You see, people are already speculatively complaining that current gear will be obsolete when the new expansion comes out. The carrot is already there.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    I'm not even sure there will be enough with the MotU content. Filling that bar after getting 24th takes forever as it is.
    Strange, at the time I capped my first character's xp the only epics I even had access to were VoN, Sands and the LoD chain. Of those, the only quests I ransacked were VoN 2, wizking and Lords of Dust. There is plenty of xp available.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

There may be the flipside of that coin.

They may not have to buy MOTU if they buy CommingSoon because maybe CommingSoon may contain the previous expansion. Lotro does this. (also you have to trapese through the previous expansion regions to get to the new release area.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast