Default Cannith crafting + augment slots = bugged?

According to the wiki;

[quote]When on a Craftable item,

a Colorless Augment Slot adds +1 to the item’s total enhancement value.
    Red, Blue and Yellow slots add +2 to the item’s total enhancement value.
    [quote]

+6 stat ML 11
    Masterful craftmanship ML 9
    Yellow slot ML 11

So I took a lootgen ring with a yellow slot and disjuncted it, masterful craftsmanship on it, and put wisdom 6 on it.

ML should be 11 then. With the yellow slot effectively canceled out by masterful craftsmanship. Except the ML is 13. Masterful craftsmanship listed on the ring but not lowering ML. Oh well character is lvl 15 so not sweating it. I slot a Topaz of Deathblock into the ring, ML 12 and upon slotting it the ML of the ring changes from 13 down to 12.

Wait what?

EDIT: In before the ML is right b/c the Topaz is ML 12 so it raises it to the appropriate level. Yes I know it's at the right level but read closely, it was ML 13 with stat 6 and masterful craftsmanship on it. Slotting the topaz just corrected it.
    Last edited by Grimknot; 03-04-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Community Member

Enhancement value means the plus in the top corner not the min level. The yellow slot plus 6 wisdom makes this a +8 item.

Masterful craftsmanship on a +8 item is min level 13. If there is a bug anywhere it is that the min level DROPPED when you added the augment.
    Vlyxnol / Ragedx / Marphist - Completionist of Legit
    "As a tank I feel that plate armor is necessary for my survivability but I also feel that other players need to see my belly button."

Well carry on then.

yellow adds 2 min lvs AND 2 Enhancement value. also fun "feature" you can make a crazy lv 20 ring. put in a lv 12 yellow augment. and use it at lv 12 until you log off. what a strange "feature" the interns added.
    i find myself and others saying "glad im not paying for this ****" vip from ftp beta till 10.9.2012 fix it...fix it Now!

Quote Originally Posted by toaf View Post
    yellow adds 2 min lvs AND 2 Enhancement value. also fun "feature" you can make a crazy lv 20 ring. put in a lv 12 yellow augment. and use it at lv 12 until you log off. what a strange "feature" the interns added.
    I just noticed this with recrafting another ring. Socketing it lowers the ML to the augments ML until you log back in.

My ML 12 6wisdom deathblock ring which was ML 12 went to ML 13 and absolute ML 12 after relogging.

ya. i was all giddy about that "feature" so i went a made a few items.. so sad when i relogged
    i find myself and others saying "glad im not paying for this ****" vip from ftp beta till 10.9.2012 fix it...fix it Now!

Community Member

Wait, so I could start slotting random ML 1 colorless augments into my gear in order to reduce its ML until I log off?

Quote Originally Posted by WielderofGigantus View Post
    Wait, so I could start slotting random ML 1 colorless augments into my gear in order to reduce its ML until I log off?
    Sounds like it.

Bug helping players? Cue the hotfix in 3, 2, 1...

bug.... i thought it was a "feature" i have a hard time nowing with the interns turbine hires

Community Member

Does this bypass AML as well? Could i twink my new toon with epic slotted named gear in Korthos?

Epic L20 Greataxe of Fire T3 on a L1...talk about blitzing up your bravery bonus lol. Or a 25ac armor, be unhittable...
    Last edited by droid327; 03-20-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimknot View Post
    According to the wiki;

When on a Craftable item,

a Colorless Augment Slot adds +1 to the item’s total enhancement value.
    Red, Blue and Yellow slots add +2 to the item’s total enhancement value.
    +6 stat ML 11
    Masterful craftmanship ML 9
    Yellow slot ML 11

So I took a lootgen ring with a yellow slot and disjuncted it, masterful craftsmanship on it, and put wisdom 6 on it.

ML should be 11 then. With the yellow slot effectively canceled out by masterful craftsmanship. Except the ML is 13. Masterful craftsmanship listed on the ring but not lowering ML. Oh well character is lvl 15 so not sweating it. I slot a Topaz of Deathblock into the ring, ML 12 and upon slotting it the ML of the ring changes from 13 down to 12.

Wait what?

EDIT: In before the ML is right b/c the Topaz is ML 12 so it raises it to the appropriate level. Yes I know it's at the right level but read closely, it was ML 13 with stat 6 and masterful craftsmanship on it. Slotting the topaz just corrected it.
    I noticed this too. It seems like everything I craft is 2 levels above what the crafting planners say it should be. IE what should be +11 is +13, that's before I put something into the slot. Putting something into the slot, as long as it's the same level or lower, doesn't raise the level at all if memory serves. I haven't seen the level go down yet though.

So far I've just been slotting Ruby of [silver|cold iron|byeshk|etc] into my wooden club dr breakers (I'm a wolf form druid and use lightning mace and other blunt stuff in dreadnought) so that may not be high enough level to impact my base level 16 (for example) minimum level.

Quote Originally Posted by hermespan View Post
    It seems like everything I craft is 2 levels above what the crafting planners say it should be.
    JJ recently added augments to his crafting planner, so the ML should come out as expected now.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

OK, this thread has answered a question for me.

I was wondering at the AML in an item, and it seems now that any odd AMLs are caused by the augment's level. Good to know.

Does the temp ML thing only work for Cannith crafted items, or for lootgen items as well?