Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye DDO

Good luck Mech, in wherever life takes you.

Wow. Nailed that ****.

Very well said, and I agree about everything. Kinda makes me wanna leave too XD I don't play that much tho so I think I will linger here for a while more...

It's been very nice playing and chatting with you now and then (I still remember that long-ish talk in elite Coal Chamber while waiting on lost people XD). I wish you best luck and success in all the stuff you'll have more time for from now on!

P.S.: yeah, "dracolitch" shocked me too...I almost miss Fernando...
    Last edited by FengXian; 03-04-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    Cannith - Juzam, Water Savant II Ranger 6 Monk 2 AA/ Orocarn, Stalwart Defender III Monk 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Guardiani di Eberron

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    And I want to do so many things in the future that I just don't see possible while DDO is in my life. I want to further my career. I want to be better at my job...I want to have a better social life, and eat healthier, not just fast food so I can get back to the grind. I want to learn how to cook more than just toast and instant noodles. I want to meet girls, lots of girls, or maybe just one awesome girl. I want to have a family, eventually. I want to make money. I want to be a (semi) functional member of society, not just a 23 year old kid that plays a game all day. I want to go out on the weekends more. I don't want to have tired eyes anymore. I want to have time for a religion where prayer does not involve sprint boost.
    Good for you. I quit a text-based MUD back in the 90s for many of the same reasons, and I advanced my career, found one awesome girl, and found a way to balance real life and playing video games.

I enjoyed reading your post about your memories, but I think were a bit classless in your criticism of the devs... I'm sorry, but you had THOUSANDS of hours of fun in DDO because of the devs, not despite them. A classier farewall would have been to thank them.

Even if you don't agree with many of their decisions, they did make a very fun game that you enjoyed for years.

Good luck to you! You're quitting for the exact right reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member RedDragonScale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post

I enjoyed reading your post about your memories, but I think were a bit classless in your criticism of the devs... I'm sorry, but you had THOUSANDS of hours of fun in DDO because of the devs, not despite them. A classier farewall would have been to thank them.
    It's funny to see you write about "classy."

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Sorry to see you go man, but you are doing what is best for you. Good luck in the real world.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

May the road rise to meet you.
    And may the sun always be at your back

I'm sorry the last straw just landed, I have only been playing a few months and have enjoyed it so far (soloing) my experience with getting problems solved has been a good one so I have no complaints there whatsoever.

I don't know enough about the game to criticise the devs, it's a HUGE game, millions of players and in my view, stuff is bound to go wrong sometimes. I love computers and technology but I have no faith in it!

I hope you find another game that gives you what you are looking for, goodbye and goodluck.

There is nothing like a bit of stress-free slaughter to wind down after a busy day...and cake, there must also be cake.

Community Member

/wave goodbye

probably dont remember this, but i remember running an elite sins with you a looong time ago. I think you burned thru 11 raise cakes trying to complete the quest with a bunch of nubs nipping at your heels. /salute

Hope you find what you are looking for.
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

Sorry to see another one bite the dust. Best of luck where ever your travels take you.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    I think most of you are utterly and completely out of touch with the needs, hopes and desires of the typical DDO player, let alone powergamer.
    Amen.
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Community Member

best . . . ragequit . . . ever.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

2016 DDO Players Council kinggartk's Avatar

Good for you. I quit a text-based MUD back in the 90s for many of the same reasons, and I advanced my career, found one awesome girl, and found a way to balance real life and playing video games.

Even if you don't agree with many of their decisions, they did make a very fun game that you enjoyed for years.

Good luck to you! You're quitting for the exact right reasons.

I have to say I agree with this. The devs do just that...they develop/code. The decision makers are their bosses, critisize them, not the devs.

Default sad

but all true i am afraid

my story is different i play the game to escape all that you are looking for .........strange ...lol

sorry to see ya go .....honestly i think you will be back someday

I don't know if this will change your mind at all but this just came out on the wire ;

Fernando was at a WB staff party just last night and according to him he is very very close to this whole taking paralizing off one thing and putting it on another fiasco!

just thought you might wanna stick around for that Mech

good luck and cya later i hope

Bottom line is all the Board members care about , dont kid your self. every body at turbine takes order's from some one else.. let's call them "the men in the shadows"
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    Bottom line is all the Board members care about , dont kid your self. every body at turbine takes order's from some one else.. let's call them "the men in the shadows"
    No need to be so melodramatic about it. They're executives, nothing more. They have as much, if not more, of a duty to their shareholders as they have to their customers. This is why they make decisions geared towards making money at the expense of our precious sense of fair play or game purity or whatever the whine of the week is. They're businessmen, not gamers, so no one should act shocked when they make decisions geared towards making more money.

Good luck in all your questing in RL

Your voice will be missed on the forums.

The game is lesser with your leaving.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Thanks for your contribution. Cannith was a better place with you.

~Frog

I also agree with this...
    "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." - Ernest Hemmingway

Sorry Thrudh, but not everyone feels the same way you do. Expressing their opinions does not make them classless. It makes them honest.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Sorry Thrudh, but not everyone feels the same way you do. Expressing their opinions does not make them classless. It makes them honest.
    I am classless, my thanking the Devs wouldn't change that.

The OP's posted was handled well.

The "powers that be" at DDO get 95% of the game right . . . for that I thank them (I'm still classless . . . dont' feel any classier) . . . it's that 5% that makes me want to punch a baby.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Mmmm.... About real life

Your going to get a better job only to find out your boss hates you and will torment you daily

You will meet a nice girl and go for a drive in the country side pn a beautiful day only to get in a car accident and gwt sued

Later you will find that nice girl cheating on you with your best friend.

To drown your sorrows you will catch up with all the new friends you have and have a few drinks only to get pulled over and get a dui.

After all that you know what will still be there for you DDO. Its few bugs and all.

Im not saying this in jest. That all really happened to me. And thank god ddo was there to pull me thru it.

Ps. Literally hundreds of wipes to lag in ddo. Thats on you bro. I have played allost everyday for 3 years and have had maybe 5. You people kill me with this exaggeration stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast