Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default What should I do with this greensteel light repeater?

So I have a greensteel light repeater I bought on the Auction House a few months back, proceeded to bind, and then never crafted on. Initially I was going to make a soultrap weapon with it, then I got a wizard and now he does all my trapping. I have a ton of materials and shards, so I'm trying to decide what to do with it. Since its a light repeater I don't really feel like its worth making a dual shard item(anything requireing 10 large ingredients), unless it has a really useful effect aside from damage. I already have 2 heavy repeaters and will probably craft a third next life.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Hmmm, not many options here when you think about it. You could:

• Still go ahead and craft with it, losing only a few points of damage.
    • Sell it to a vendor.
    • Destroy it.

It's your choice.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Well, probably should not have bound it to yourself.

Have you thought about triple positive -- holy, good burst, good blast. Load with silver bolts and go evil outsider hunting.

Or, triple negative -- not as much call for it but you'd rule Running with the Devils and it will have Slay Living on it which could be useful in it own right for random instant kills at range.

Or, just get yellow dopant and get the pie back to craft something useful.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    Hmmm, not many options here when you think about it. You could:

• Still go ahead and craft with it, losing only a few points of damage.
    • Sell it to a vendor.
    • Destroy it.

It's your choice.
    Obviously I am still going to craft on it :P No offence but the other two options are kind of terrible(1k from a vendor or negative 750k from decon? I'll leave it in my inventory for that!)

I'm thinking tripple positive, might be a better harry-beater than my current. Also tops against undead, and usable quite a few levels earlier than my Silver Slinger.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    Does the yellow dopant ALWAYS give back a shavarath signet stone, or is that only every so often?

Default Triple pos is nice

and definitely something you will keep using since greater disruption is pretty much superior to any kind of loot-gen undead beater you can find.

I'd also like to make a shout out to Ash (enervation) since the eDoublecross Bow has semi-rare materials (bugged epic chain drop rates) and Ooze. The oozes can be pretty awesome even in epic levels if you have augment summons and a whole army of them following you around.

Aside from that, a triple earth (earthgrab) repeater is extremely powerful for leveling, particularly with (the unfortunately bugged with rune arms) frozen tunic. It's kind of like having a slightly more powerful (and cheaper, IMO) alchemical tier1 several levels earlier during your TR.
    Character Compendium

Community Member

Oh don't tell me the Epic Doublecrossbow drop rates are bugged... I have been farming so diligently for that thing, haha! Where does it say its bugged? I'm gonna be sad...

Tripple Earth is a thought but I do already have a Mineral 2 heavy repeater. Because of the lessened damage on the light repeater, I'm thinking more along the lines of something highly situational(such as the tripple positive).

What I was thinking was I presently have a double-positive(just tier 2) great crowssbow I use as a raise-dead clicky. I could dopant that and use the signet stone to make something more useful, and then craft a tripple positive on this light repeater. Use it when I need it, also still gives me a raise-dead clicky.

Triple pos has the added bonus of being a raise clicky! soooo all in all a very useful item
    Khyber: Pinel ip!140+ / Laerak 120 / Sibeli 80 / Kaeral 100 / Gilmara 60 - Crafter 150/145/145

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    Does the yellow dopant ALWAYS give back a shavarath signet stone, or is that only every so often?
    Honestly, I don't know. I've always gotten one back. But, I've only used it on 3 items so I could have been lucky in each case.

Wish I had a better answer.

you could always turn it into an ooze 2 xbow to summon tons of puddings

I liked my triple earth repeater very much. Earthgrab+ImprovedPreciseShot and Summoning Dense Elementals.
    No longer reading the Forums.

Default Lords of Dust epics

As far as I know (and this may have been changed but I do not think it has), Lords of Dust seals and shards only drop on epic normal and with a very low rate. This is speculated to be due to the code not having been updated when epic casual/normal/hard/elite were distinguished from each other.

Having a MineralII repeater is certainly a nice luxury item, but even then I think triple earth is notable because of the amount of autocrit situations you can set up with IPS.

As I said and others mentioned, Sundering Ooze is a really nice option.

I'd say, were I in your position and not desiring you a double-shard item as you mentioned, it'd be a tie between triple earth and triple positive.
    Character Compendium

edit, i'm dumb. this is a weapon and not an item.
    Last edited by Maxallu; 03-04-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SealedInSong View Post
    As far as I know (and this may have been changed but I do not think it has), Lords of Dust seals and shards only drop on epic normal and with a very low rate. This is speculated to be due to the code not having been updated when epic casual/normal/hard/elite were distinguished from each other.
    That sounds about right... I've done dozens and dozens of runs, six in a row once with no shards/seals. Eventually got a shard/seal combo for luminous truth. I have basically a shard or a seal for every single other thing.

Well, I suppose I'll be doing quite a few more epic normal runs! I don't suppose there is official documentation anywhere?

And I have settled on Tripple Positive for my light repeater, thanks! If I do make a tripple earth I'll be using a heavy repeater, and it is mighty tempting.

That sounds about right... I've done dozens and dozens of runs, six in a row once with no shards/seals. Well, I suppose I'll be doing quite a few more epic normal runs! I don't suppose there is official documentation anywhere?
    doh! that explains it! Well back to normal runs for no xp...

And I have settled on Tripple Positive for my light repeater, thanks! If I do make a tripple earth I'll be using a heavy repeater, and it is mighty tempting.
    Triple earth is even fun on a melee weapon! Its my favorite!
    No longer reading the Forums.

Community Member

I'm in the same boat as Therigar.

Deconning a GS item has always returned the Signet Stone to me....but I've done this only three times. Put the two of us together and we're six for six.

A question though....how did you "bind" it to yourself? If you did so via equipping it, I don't think there's any way to undo that. However, if you performed the Stone of Change ritual which makes the item impervious to permanent damage and binds the item to you in the process, I understand that ritual can now be undone by cleansing the item via the Augment altar in The Twelve. Apparently, the process of removing an unwanted augment from something also removes all other rituals done to it, including binding via the Stone of Change (though not by equipping).

Caveat: I have not tried this as yet, only read about it elsewhere on the Forums and on Wiki.
    In an election, always vote for the candidate who likes big butts....because, you know, they cannot lie.

KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by LordMond63 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as Therigar.

Deconning a GS item has always returned the Signet Stone to me....but I've done this only three times. Put the two of us together and we're six for six.

A question though....how did you "bind" it to yourself? If you did so via equipping it, I don't think there's any way to undo that. However, if you performed the Stone of Change ritual which makes the item impervious to permanent damage and binds the item to you in the process, I understand that ritual can now be undone by cleansing the item via the Augment altar in The Twelve. Apparently, the process of removing an unwanted augment from something also removes all other rituals done to it, including binding via the Stone of Change (though not by equipping).

Caveat: I have not tried this as yet, only read about it elsewhere on the Forums and on Wiki.
    So, here's something that happened to me.

I was completing an epic Cavalry Plate for an alt when I accidentally bound it at the stone of change instead of cleansing it. I was cleansing it because I thought I had read that some old CC items would not take the recent changes unless they were cleansed. And, I remembered reading to use shards, but I got them mixed up.

Anyway, here I am on my monk with a bound and attuned medium armor.

Well, I did the correct cleansing and all of a sudden the armor showed bound to account along with bound and attuned. And, I was able to put it in my shared bank and trade it to the character who I wanted to have it.

But wait, there's more. Before I put it in the bank I actually upgraded it to tier 3 from tier 1 and it still held the bound and attuned property.

So, maybe there's something to that cleansing idea. I'd try it.

Community Member

The light repeater was bound by using bind/attune on it.

So I grabbed it out of the bank and ran on down to the altar of epic rituals to see what would happen. It appears as if you cannot cleanse a greensteel.

But thats ok, as I really don't have another character I'd rather use this on.

So I'm going to craft a tripple positive light repeater and deconstruct my great grossbow raise dead clicky. It seems likely I'll get back the signet stone and get to make something useful for another of my guys.

This might also be a handy way to get signet stones without repeating quests: just watch the AH for a cheap greensteel and dopant it.

I would have difficulty imagining a worse use for a Dopant than deconning a greensteel blank for the signet stone.

Just run the quests again...on Normal it's not like it's super difficult. Dopants run a million+ platinum. You could sell the dopant and buy 3-4 blanks.

Things to use a dopant for:
    1) Getting back a cleansing essence.
    2) A dual-sharded tier3

Nothing else.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    I would have difficulty imagining a worse use for a Dopant than deconning a greensteel blank for the signet stone.

Just run the quests again...on Normal it's not like it's super difficult. Dopants run a million+ platinum. You could sell the dopant and buy 3-4 blanks.

Things to use a dopant for:
    1) Getting back a cleansing essence.
    2) A dual-sharded tier3

Nothing else.
    I wasn't about to decon a blank, don't worry. I am contemplating deconing a tier 2 Great Crossbow because honestly what else am I going to use it for at this point? Other than carrying it around as a spare raise-dead clicky.

Also I, for one, just buy dopants from the store. 400 turbine points vs a million+ platinum? No thank you, I'll keep my plat!

Anyway not deconing anything quite yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast