Thread: Dragon-beater

Community Member

Default Dragon-beater

Getting ready for the new raid, I thought I'd craft a dragon-beater for my warforged artificer. Usng a 2[w] repeating heavy crossbow for the base and Greater Dragon Bane for the suffix(obviously), but what is a good prefix for such a weapon?

I know a lot of dragons have elemental resistances, so elemental burst is probably unwise. What about Holy? Vicious does not work on ranged weapons.

Holy Burst, maybe?

Quick and easy to throw together would be a tier 1 epic calomel heavy repeating crossbow.

Downside, of course, is that crushing wave procs will suppress (but not disrupt) niac's biting cold, but it's a pretty nice weapon.

It's a bludgeoning DR. Like that other famous lich Abbot. Slap together your favorite triple pos green steel blunt.
    Cannith: Ortarr (leader of Killer Dwarfs) - Purge Bravely - Drunkungfu Master - Ortarrdo Son of Ortarr - *others*

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    It's a bludgeoning DR. Like that other famous lich Abbot. Slap together your favorite triple pos green steel blunt.
    Because that is useful for someone asking about repeaters. To answer the OP's question, a holy burst heavy repeater of greater dragon bane would be your best bet. If that is out of reach for you, a good alternative would be the silver slinger repeater from the u13 chain. The non-epic version has holy burst, deals bludgeon damage to bypass the truthful one's DR, and reduces undead fortification by 20%, which is always nice. Making it epic adds undead bane and a red slot, but is quite a bit of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    Because that is useful for someone asking about repeaters. To answer the OP's question, a holy burst heavy repeater of greater dragon bane would be your best bet. If that is out of reach for you, a good alternative would be the silver slinger repeater from the u13 chain. The non-epic version has holy burst, deals bludgeon damage to bypass the truthful one's DR, and reduces undead fortification by 20%, which is always nice. Making it epic adds undead bane and a red slot, but is quite a bit of work to do.
    I think this is the winner. The blunted ammo + holy is very attractive.

What about melee weapons?

triple pos hammers, wraps!
    Argo: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purkilius View Post
    What about melee weapons?

triple pos hammers, wraps!
    Yes very useful for an artificer.

I've already got the Silver Slinger(very handy undead-beater), and as luck would have it I am litterally JUST about to go make a tripple-positive repeating light crossbow.

For the dragons, I think I will go with a 2[W] +5 Holy Burst Repeating Heavy Crossbow of Greater Dragon Bane. That should make for a nice beater.