Question Crystal Cove scoring

So according to the wiki, your shards gained at the end of each run is equal to 70% of your total score. Does anyone know how score is calculated in the Cove?

I ask because in a recent run, my group demanded that I stop torching and take the kobolds to the beginning to run them through teleporters to get a star. Is this really worth the loss of 3-5 minutes of crystal gathering?

How much score is each star worth? Does anything other than relative level, stars, and crystals affect score?

I did a few more runs and looked at scores. As far as I can tell, stars have no effect on score in Crystal Cove. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

I thought that my score was different from my crystals collected, but I may have just been forgetting to take into account the first 100 crystals.

Community Member

Correct, the score is based on crystals. So green 1 and blue 10. Moar crystals = moar rewards. Stars are more xp, that is all.

Community Member

I believe we determined during our runs that you get 0 points per kill, but 5 per named, and then 1 per crystal.

Stars do not provide points but impact experience gain (who cares in a cove)

It is not worth going out of your way to achieve any of the stars.
    Vlyxnol - Coven of Heroes - Cannith
    "As a tank I feel that plate armor is necessary for my survivability but I also feel that other players need to see my belly button."

Stars are for XP. That's all they do.

If you want crystals, then you go and get crystals. Stars are irrelevant.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZzpxpzZ View Post
    I believe we determined during our runs that you get 0 points per kill, but 5 per named, and then 1 per crystal.

Stars do not provide points but impact experience gain (who cares in a cove)

It is not worth going out of your way to achieve any of the stars.
    In those runs we also noticed that the number in the box with the stars was not the same for each party member: in one instance we had party members in the 200s and others in the 600s.

The only numbers observed to have any effect on reward were number of crystals mined and relative level of group vs instance.
    Cannith: Officer of Legit
    Beyt, Varsuvius, Lucznik, Ordeith, FirebatHero, Koniec

When I solo, I think my score increased each time I got a "stolen gem" when killing a mob. No idea how that works with more than one character.

So it's
    1 per shard
    1 per stolen gem
    5 per named mob

The optional (star) objectives are only good for xp, they dont add to the score.