Community Member

Exclamation Potion of Wonder

I was soloing epic lords of dust and I broke up some crates to find two potions for wonder. so I drank one down and I get this hissing sound and sparks all over my body. OMG! WT@F! is this and why would anyone put that in a bottle and call it WONDER it should be labeled KABOOM do not drinking. I did have 600 hp and my hireling had 400 hp we ended with -135 hp and dead. I'm not here to cry and moan but I'm here to say I will never drink a potion of wonder ever again. thank you!!!!!

Community Member

Just run full speed when drinking and your party members will have a nice little present if they are slower
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Once you know about that option they're actually rather amusing. Was in a PUG von 5/6 the other day. Someone looted a potion of wonder in the side chest in part 6 and the group talked him into using it. Right next to the raid chest. I hear the hissing, so I run back as far as I can. Soon there's a boom and like 9 people dead.
    Recently completed a very slow Completionist adventure, playing each class until I was bored. My son (Henry) randomly picked the next class from the ones I hadn't done yet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maovin View Post
    I was soloing epic lords of dust and I broke up some crates to find two potions for wonder. so I drank one down and I get this hissing sound and sparks all over my body. OMG! WT@F! is this and why would anyone put that in a bottle and call it WONDER it should be labeled KABOOM do not drinking. I did have 600 hp and my hireling had 400 hp we ended with -135 hp and dead. I'm not here to cry and moan but I'm here to say I will never drink a potion of wonder ever again. thank you!!!!!
    lol potions of wonder have a magnitude of effects. some good and some bad. basically can have any effect currently in the game happen. (http://ddowiki.com/page/Potion_of_Wonder) from your decription thats a droamm death charge, one of the more fun ones.

before update16, they had a smaller list of effects but more of a chance to kill you, I remember drinking 5 in a quest, and seen the deathwarded symbol pop the first 4 times (since i had deathward casted on me) meaning it was an instant kill effect, the last time I got SP regen. so they're better now then they were before.

Quote Originally Posted by vyvy3369 View Post
    Once you know about that option they're actually rather amusing. Was in a PUG von 5/6 the other day. Someone looted a potion of wonder in the side chest in part 6 and the group talked him into using it. Right next to the raid chest. I hear the hissing, so I run back as far as I can. Soon there's a boom and like 9 people dead.
    Bahahahahahahhahahahahha

I love those things. Might collect a dozen or two and drink them during raid fights.

If everyone next to the Truthful One just dies, people usually blame it on a messed up breath or a Cartharis explosion anyway.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Yeah, I was soloing along the other day and pulled a stack of them from the end chest. I figured since I'd already completed the quest I'd try one and sure enough, first one I swallow is a Droaam Death Charge! Those things have nearly as much of a kick as a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster!

been there, done that... took a picture

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post

HAHAHAHAHA OMG thats to good!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

Community Member

Lol!

Community Member

I think people need to be more observent, and should know what a bomb is. First time I say it I got away with dieing it gives you time.

I drank a potion of wonder I got in a low level place (3 or 4) and it gave me extra HP (like a higher level aid spell).

Are there two kinds?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Emperor View Post
    I drank a potion of wonder I got in a low level place (3 or 4) and it gave me extra HP (like a higher level aid spell).

Are there two kinds?
    It's a random effect off a very large list.

And that list is probably incomplete.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

I desperately wish this game had Wands of Wonder. Of course, I also miss Rods of Lordly Might, Robes of Useful Items, Staves of Power and The Magi, and Hammers of Thunderbolts...

They need to add this to the wild mage belt, but as castable on others just like the dancing :P
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Quote Originally Posted by maovin View Post
    It is even better when you 'accidentally' wipe your entire Perma-Death party with a Potion of Wonder: Cometfall....

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post

That

Is

Awesome

~ Khyber - Crimson Eagles ~
    ~ Mellinator ~ Mellant ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    That

Is

Awesome

This.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

i love these changes to potions of wonder. there is some really great effects added to it. i always drink mine :P ok i might save them to drink them with friends :P