Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

With those values, if the potion had a cooldown of 10 seconds, I would still question the decision. Looks like it hit the same as an unaugmented Heal scroll. If you splash rogue, bard or arti for UMD, you also get 30% augment for 1 AP. It is the same for a Heal scroll of some poor devil that maxed their UMD at 11 ranks.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    The odds are pretty damn good in my favor.
    The most recent clickies I can think of that were given the treatment I described, are the Key to Eveningstar and Cannith Boots of Propulsion.

I crafted one of these just to do it and while it seems to only be effected by Ability to raise potion levels (Artificer) and your personal healing amplification, in and of itself it is not "worthless"

What many are forgetting is that it comes with Restore. A heal and a restore combined makes this a survival mechanism that can help you get out some jams like stat damage.

I like that they have added this in, that it is not able quaffed continuously and with smart use can help increase the survival of those not able to cast spells to do so.

I did was not in a group that averaged 500+ a run, it was more like 350+. Good group of people, gained some off destiny XP in the progress as well so it was around 12 to 14 runs to get enough to purchase. So I will agree that for what it is, 5500 is very steep price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    What many are forgetting is that it comes with Restore.
    I'm pretty sure you can get a potion of Restoration from Commendation turn-in's. But then again, Crystal Cove is an F2P event, so I guess we should expect F2P quality loot. We were just spoiled in the past there.

Community Member

I already had no intention to grind this..but seeing the numbers of the OP, now I will even laugh at those who link it in party chat!

Most excellent item.

It's a Heal spell every 5 mins with no ongoing cost. Oh and with all the curative things that a heal does (poison, disease, blindness, fatigue, stats etc).
    It don't need to be equipped like a wand or scroll
    You don't need UMD to use it.

In what world does that item not totally rock?

As to the OP - what's your stats, saves, movement speed and attack speed look like after drinking that silver flame pot?

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    As to the OP - what's your stats, saves, movement speed and attack speed look like after drinking that silver flame pot?
    Silver Flame pots does not affect attack speed.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar

Most excellent item.

It's a Heal spell every 5 mins with no ongoing cost. Oh and with all the curative things that a heal does (poison, disease, blindness, fatigue, stats etc).

The item is not that bad, the problem comes from this: it requires tons of clicking to make (downgrading gems takes over 2k clicks), from the same amount of shards you get around 5 completed items.

So while not bad it is not worth the effort to many, specially when no timer options are available.
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

Community Member

While I can see how the flask may indeed be a bit week for some heal needy builds at end game, I fortunately choose not to stay there. As a TR tool, it's quite handy. Let's not forget the min level when debating the flasks value.

As for at end game, my monk is thinking that going from an essentially resource-free (just takes a little Ki) heal every 5 minutes, to having one every 2 1/2 minutes, is a pretty good thing.

Sorry to interrupt all the gloom with a posative note, you may now return to your regularly b*tch*ng & whining...
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    "All characters have multiple abilities when it comes to fighting that benefits the parties ability to complete a quest, how many are YOU using?"

Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juduss View Post
    Sorry to interrupt all the gloom with a posative note, you may now return to your regularly b*tch*ng & whining...
    Yet, you're the only one doing the insulting...
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

The timer of the rum is the same timer as the Heroism flask so makes it useless nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    The timer of the rum is the same timer as the Heroism flask so makes it useless nice one.
    It does not make it useless, less useful, yes. But not useless. Id get one if it was cheaper, but cant be bothered with grinding shards for hours on end to get it, especially since its btc
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

The BTC is what is annoying.
    It takes a lot of time to make. I suppose if all characters could use it, it would be worth the grinding, but not like this.
    Too bad.

Community Member

Most excellent item.

If you only need it once every 5 minutes then you probably didnt need it at all, and if you need it more often than once every 5 minutes... well... good luck !

Its a nice optional extra. Certainly to me not worth a dozen hours of waiting, farming and converting gems to make.

But I dont mind if others are happy to farm it. Its just not something I would ever even consider doing.

Yea same terrible design as the vast majority of the rest of loot added this update.

Previous healign potion cooldown: 3 seconds.

Ultra grindy/1time event only special heal potion: 300 seconds.

100 times the cooldown? REALLY? ... Such impossibly poor design.

Even if it was 30 seconds it wouldnt be worth it for most any decent high lvl character running challenging content. Just plan bad.

and to add salt onto the wound...
    once again WF gets shafted >_>
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

I prefer Lay on Hands regenerating every minute with Unyielding Sentinel to the Rum (yes I realize that you can use both). Faster regen, more HP heal, and much less grind = win.

Useless item, just like the other flask. When I first heard about it I thought it sounded cool, but then the cooldown (shared with future "flasks"), how weak it is, and how much grind it takes scared me off. I'll stick to Heal scrolls and Silver Flame potions, thanks.

Simply not worth the inventory slot^^ Yay, I get to skip CC this year!
    Cannith - Juzam, Water Savant II Ranger 6 Monk 2 AA/ Orocarn, Stalwart Defender III Monk 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Guardiani di Eberron

Default It is pretty sweet despite the cost.

Most excellent item.

Great if your healer is busy.

Great to save the cost of Heal Scroll.

Great if you can survive/thrive in between 5 minute cooldowns to top off.

Although this might be challenging for a lot of players (Too busy typing Resto plx, Hjeal plz ,Resto plz ....Resto....RESTO!!!111...HJEAL ME...Ding)

yeah "worthless" LOL
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast