Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thanks to ED's and the state of the game...

TWF -
    • Monk - Unarmed attacks, enough said.
    • Rogue - If it wasn't for SA, they would probably go 2HF also.
    • Ranger - Honestly, 2HF may be better but I haven't switched yet.

THF -
    Everything else!

Community Member

One word . . . Blizarde.

Got another word . . . Nightmare.

I've got toons with those, I have another with an ESoS.

They play well together at this time.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    DPS considerations aside, as long as thf isn't nerfed into oblivion, I'll never make a non-HW TWF toon. Setting yourself up for having to grind twice as many weapons isn't my idea of fun. In the days past, I'd need even more ******** luck to pull dual echaosblades than a single esos. Now, the amount of commendations to upgrade two celestias/nightmare or the grind to acquire a pair of decent weapons kills it for me. Not to mention the lack of the one-size-fits-all weapon that is the esos for thf (to the exception of the odd undead enemy for which you'd slap a 3x pos maul) makes it so I have to carry more stuff... bringing less space for my phat lootz.

TWF would have to be strongly buffed to compensate for all the inconvenience.
    But why would you ever have ground out Chaosblades? Consider Cannith crafting: it also requires twice the ingredients, but this is a trivial expense relative to the weapon-style-neutral leveling process, and you would have superior DPS to Chaosblades.

It's certainly worse to grind 2 eCBs than 1 eSoS, but you can grind 100 elite TWF weapons before you get 1 eSoS.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog
    IMO the issue is this.

TWF is better at single target DPS, THF is better at multi-target. But THF is good (if not outstanding) at single target while TWF is beyond awful at multi-target DPS.

Prior to the 25 cap noone cared about multitarget DPS.
    We agree on all of this, you and I.
    Now it is almost everything.
    Of this, I am not convinced.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfORCastrator
    The cleaves weren't good enough before. The cleaves got a boost in U14(getting +W dmg and glancing blows on every hit), and Legendary Dreadnought's Momentum Swing and Lay Waste further attracted people to the cleaves.
    I am also not convinced anything has really changed here. The Cleave-o-rama is clearly better AoE DPS than auto attack, but surely that was always the case and as sirgog said no one cared. I have measured that Cleave-o-matic is worse single-target DPS than auto attack, and surely this was also always the case but now everyone (hey Therigar!) knows that Cleave-zilla is the way to go for single-target DPS too, and THF works best with Cleavea-in-Manilla so THF rules, #1.
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard
    Yes I guess but I think some have posted that THF is only slightly behind TWF in single target dps while as for multi-target dps THF is leagues ahead of TWF.
    It's a marvelous example of equivocation, intentional or otherwise. THF with a slotted eSoS is not terribly far behind TWF for single target. You downgrade to an eAGA, a Min 2, a MoPG... forget about it. And indeed, everyone forgets about it. You are using a THF, and THF is not terribly far behind TWF... right?

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Thanks to ED's and the state of the game...

TWF -
    • Monk - Unarmed attacks, enough said.
    • Rogue - If it wasn't for SA, they would probably go 2HF also.
    • Ranger - Honestly, 2HF may be better but I haven't switched yet.

THF -
    Everything else!
    Today. Tomorrow this or that will get nerfed or buffed and the 1%ers will loose their minds and then start grinding for their new uber gearout.

Brings up the point about TWF having to grind double the weapons/augments etc... That's a fallacy. The current 1% THFers are CONstantly grinding the newest and bestest, while I know that my utility knives will always do what they're supposed to do.

It amuses me that many of the folks telling us that this or that style, or this or that weapon is the 'best' and more or less expect everyone to use it or be gimp, they're the same folks that get the most upset at the percieved decrease in character customization, like with the new iconic heroes.

Sure, I'm on the lookout for shinier knives, but I'm not about to reincarnate and grind for new gear every time an update makes a change to the game mechs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234