Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kamode_Corebasher View Post
    SO DAMN DISAPPOINTING!

Question devs...after a few runs from each of us for fun and nastalgia, whats to keep us here? <--WHO will help with the turn-ins to get the door open? <--Once the door stops opening but twice per day, those looking for the rune-arm will give up or be angry.

AND, I could have sworn there was a post by DDO staff last year stating the gear in Crystal Cove was getting upgraded for the new level cap. <--why can I not find that post now?
    also collecting Green dragonshards has been nerfed Majorly, you used to get what ever optional amount you had collected at the end, for like 100-200 extra dragon shards on top of the regular 100 required, regardless of where you were at when time ran out.

But now, stupidly if your at 180/300, you only get the default 100, which for 300 is an impossible goal to hit in 20 minutes at any rate, you'd need a 25-30 minute runs to hit 400 total, if 100 + 200 occasionally in 20*

1 compass for 100 dragonshards for 20 minutes of work seems pointless, what is the point of an event, if you nerf it to a pure grind, no fun any more... compared to being able to earn 250 dragonshards on a good run, 100 + 150

xp is low anyhows, likely better off doing something else with our time this week
    Last edited by Wolfie83; 03-01-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Yes, you should.
    Thanks! +1 if I could... but I am spent for the day! (If I remember tomorrow...)
    No longer reading the Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamode_Corebasher View Post
    SO DAMN DISAPPOINTING!

Question devs...after a few runs from each of us for fun and nastalgia, whats to keep us here? <--WHO will help with the turn-ins to get the door open? <--Once the door stops opening but twice per day, those looking for the rune-arm will give up or be angry.

AND, I could have sworn there was a post by DDO staff last year stating the gear in Crystal Cove was getting upgraded for the new level cap. <--why can I not find that post now?
    Its been 2 years since i ran Cove. Theres no point when i farmed for all the mats to make the different tiers of loot, including stuff i have never used, the first year because you never know if these events will be back the next year. Theres no point in running Cove if there is no upgrade to current loot and i already have it all.

I also do remember reading awhile back something about upgrading Cove gear for epic levels. Guess that fell through.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Here I was, hoping that Turbine would look at the response from the one-day preview, and say, "Oh yeah, we forgot to add the lvl24 upgrades we worked so hard on." Alas, that was a wagonload of wishful thinking. No lvl24 upgrades to existing Cove gear is just... just... I don't have words.
    Agreed.

Cove is one of the special events which I enjoy, so I looked down the list to see if there was something I could salvage from it this time. Monster Manual! Bug Bear Hunter! Of course, the two named bug bears in the cove don't count for the Hunter deed...

I guess I can start on my tax return.

Quote Originally Posted by MnaSidhe View Post
    Thanks! +1 if I could... but I am spent for the day! (If I remember tomorrow...)
    Well, if you've never run it, it could possibly be fun. Personally I ran this event into the ground the first year it ever existed, and haven't been back since. It's just an old recycled event with low xp, mediocre gear options and no guild renown.

I'm not much for pugging, so I don't know how the PUG scene will be affected by the cove being open. I kind of think that most PUGs will be running the cove instead of regular quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie83 View Post
    also collecting Green dragonshards has been nerfed Majorly, you used to get what ever optional amount you had collected at the end, for like 100-200 extra dragon shards on top of the regular 100 required, regardless of where you were at when time ran out.

But now, stupidly if your at 180/300, you only get the default 100, which for 300 is an impossible goal to hit in 20 minutes at any rate, you'd need a 25-30 minute runs to hit 400 total, if 100 + 200 occasionally in 20*

1 compass for 100 dragonshards for 20 minutes of work seems pointless, what is the point of an event, if you nerf it to a pure grind, no fun any more... compared to being able to earn 250 dragonshards on a good run, 100 + 150

xp is low anyhows, likely better off doing something else with our time this week
    Wow, seriously, has this been confirmed? That seems to make the whole thing pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    It's just an old recycled event with .... no guild renown.
    Incorrect now. Guild renown is awarded for some mob kills. Was only running around for a little while but I got more than on average similar time from quest chests. Going in with a Guild Renown potion next time.
    Karadon, Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU]
    Karadon, Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien
    Karadon, Paladin [20] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1]
    Karadon, Paladin [16] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]

I tried out the one day preview Cove, and seemed to get more renown per hour than if I was running long(ish) quests. So, hopefully the guild decay won't be there this event (especially considering the new decay formula).

Dear Guildies, I know you are somewhat sick of this event, but.... but.... pwease? Let's do it again until our fingers bleed.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Guild members should be chosen based upon social factors and not game mechanics.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    Wow, seriously, has this been confirmed? That seems to make the whole thing pointless.
    ran it twice in 40 minutes, only got 100 or less dragon shards with over 100+ bonus each time, latter dragonshards collected, time wasted

Quote Originally Posted by Karadon_II View Post
    Incorrect now. Guild renown is awarded for some mob kills. Was only running around for a little while but I got more than on average similar time from quest chests. Going in with a Guild Renown potion next time.
    Impressives and Legendarys? Or just the 5 and 50 pointers you get from mob kills once in a blue moon?

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

I haven't check it out today, but last week-

We cleared between 280-350 greens arun (LV 23-25 runing Cove at 26-27).

You are busy the entire 20 min - but with some team play (2 torch runers - leap frogging when you change from East to West)... we got more than old hard limit of 300.

Renown was dropping for kills in cove itself - a good change- 65 base with 23 med guild bonus --> 88 per
    I am not sure how often - wasn't tracking it -

Did they changes these items?
    Last edited by Propane; 03-01-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

No upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie83 View Post

The original Reward formula for the Cove went like this:
    - Kobold Union kept the first 100 Crystals you get as payment for their efforts
    - You got Dragonshards at a 1:1 ratio with whatever Crystals you got past the first 100.

This meant if you collected exactly 100 Crystals during a Cove run, you would walk away with zero Dragonshards (since the Kobold Union kept everything up to your Quota).

The new Reward Formula works like Challenges, and goes like this:
    - You get Dragonshards equal to 70% of your Score (the Kobold Union takes 30% for their efforts). You get one Point for each Crystal (purples are worth 10).

This means if you collect exactly 100 Crystals during your Cove Run, you will walk away with 70 Dragonshards instead.

This math assumes the character levels of your entire party are the same as the CR you are running the Cove at; running the Cove above or below your level can influence your Score, the same way it does in Challenges. That, combined with removing the Crystal cap, means the Cove should be giving more Dragonshards per run than in previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    - You got Dragonshards at a 1:1 ratio with whatever Crystals you got past the first 100.

- You get Dragonshards equal to 70% of your Score (the Kobold Union takes 30% for their efforts). You get one Point for each Crystal (purples are worth 10).
    Hmmm. 30%?? I didn't sign that contract!
    Kobold hate me anyhow, I say they get 15% and not a crystal more!!

Sounds like a feasible theory. I'll have to run it and see. I just wish there was some CR24 loot to be had in there. Maybe next year? Or would that be CR28?
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

This meant if you collected exactly 100 Crystals during a Cove run, you would walk away with zero Dragonshards (since the Kobold Union kept everything up to your Quota).

This means if you collect exactly 100 Crystals during your Cove Run, you will walk away with 70 Dragonshards instead.

This math assumes the character levels of your entire party are the same as the CR you are running the Cove at; running the Cove above or below your level can influence your Score, the same way it does in Challenges. That, combined with removing the Crystal cap, means the Cove should be giving more Dragonshards per run than in previous years.
    So I`m still unsure if a nerf, so ideally if I want to max out green shards, what is your suggestion?

Run a party of level 23 toons on level 26/27 or higher & max out at 300 or more? Or?
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    I haven't check it out today, but last week-

We cleared between 280-350 greens arun (LV 23-25 runing Cove at 26-27).

You are busy the entire 20 min - but with some team play (2 torch runers - leap frogging when you change from East to West)... we got more than old hard limit of 300.

Renown was dropping for kills in cove itself - a good change- 65 base with 23 med guild bonus --> 88 per
    I am not sure how often - wasn't tracking it -

Did they changes these items?
    Found a screen shot (from the 1 day pre-view)... (note XP and # of greens in the bottom chat box)

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Community Member

So, according to my math, if you get 330 dragonshards or less in a run, this change is a buff to your returns, but if you get more than 330 total dragonshards in a run, this change is actually a nerf.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    So, according to my math, if you get 330 dragonshards or less in a run, this change is a buff to your returns, but if you get more than 330 total dragonshards in a run, this change is actually a nerf.
    Well that's certainly not cool in my books Very sad panda(not trolling or hating just saying).
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

What arrrrrgggggggh ya doin to crystal cove!?
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    But there WAS a hard limit at 300 = you could NEVER get more than 300 in the old system...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast