Question Updating old Epic items?

Is there a way to upgrade the old epic items to the new one's in the stone of change, or do we have to farm out new versions to be able to slot the new augments?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Is there a way to upgrade the old epic items to the new one's in the stone of change, or do we have to farm out new versions to be able to slot the new augments?
    Ask yourself which answer will sell more cash shop spell pots...

Quote Originally Posted by Kilbar View Post
    Ask yourself which answer will sell more cash shop spell pots...
    Okay, but do you actually know that for a fact? Is every pre-U17 epic item now obsolete?

Okay, but do you actually know that for a fact? Is every pre-U17 epic item now obsolete?
    Oh no, that's just the business-minded cynic in me talking. Why give something away when you can make money off of it?

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

http://ddowiki.com/page/Augment_Slot

Under Old Epic Augments:

"To convert an old Epic item to use the new slots, place the item you would like to convert into the Altar of Epic Rituals along with 50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments. This converts the augment slots on the item to the new system. They retain their colors and can accept the new augments, but can no longer use Epic Augment Crystals from before Update 17. This process will remove all currently slotted Epic Augments in the item, and may also remove other modifications, such as Stone of Change recipes. Players get no refund over this. "
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Augment_Slot

Under Old Epic Augments:

"To convert an old Epic item to use the new slots, place the item you would like to convert into the Altar of Epic Rituals along with 50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments. This converts the augment slots on the item to the new system. They retain their colors and can accept the new augments, but can no longer use Epic Augment Crystals from before Update 17. This process will remove all currently slotted Epic Augments in the item, and may also remove other modifications, such as Stone of Change recipes. Players get no refund over this. "
    Thanks for the tip, I'm wary of information posted on the wiki, especially when it comes to putting things into crafting devices. Have you actually tried this?

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Thanks for the tip, I'm wary of information posted on the wiki, especially when it comes to putting things into the stone of change. Have you actually tried this?
    No, but I seem to recall a few threads about using this. And if it did do something nasty, I feel sure we would have see some kind of meltdown on the forums before now.

But if you do not feel safe doing this, you have some options:

1) Wait until someone confirms it for you
    2) Trick a guildie into doing it first
    3) Try it on not-so-useful epic you made once upon a late night
    It's definitely an N-word.

Thanks for the tip, I'm wary of information posted on the wiki, especially when it comes to putting things into crafting devices. Have you actually tried this?
    Now that I'm reminded of it, yeah, that does work. Tried it on a set of Tier 3 Cavalry Plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilbar View Post
    Now that I'm reminded of it, yeah, that does work. Tried it on a set of Tier 3 Cavalry Plate.
    Well it's a relief to know I don't have to go and farm out all my epic gear again.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I actually used the epic alter to upgrade my epic utility vest, and it worked with no problem. Now I understand that if I had cosemtic gear on it, which I don't becuase I like the look of the thing on my toon, I would lose that, no refund. But the gear was safe to upgrade, and now I have heavy fort slotted in there to free up a slot elsewhere...
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Altar of epic rituals OR stone of change:

Old item + 50 siberys dragonshard frags

Says it right in the release notes. Done it myself -- works fine. Just keep in mind this removes all augments/kits/rituals. But this'll be the only time you have to totally wipe it. But no, you definitely don't have to re-farm it. Like i said, this is all in the release notes. The wiki is a direct quote from it.
    Last edited by Ginarrbrik; 03-01-2013 at 09:23 AM.
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarrbrik View Post
    Altar of epic rituals OR stone of change:

Old item + 50 siberys dragonshard frags

Says it right in the release notes. Done it myself -- works fine. Just keep in mind this removes all augments/kits/rituals. But this'll be the only time you have to totally wipe it. But no, you definitely don't have to re-farm it. Like i said, this is all in the release notes. The wiki is a direct quote from it.
    Thanks.

Release Notes posted on the wiki often come from the official website.

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Relea...ucing_Augments