The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Default Dissapointed with Bear Form making Drunk Wolf

Hey guys unfortunately between bear form sucking and being unable to "Roar" or "Maul" things while raged (I switched to fighter) being a Druid tank is underwhelming so I've decided to switch to a tough Wolf instead.

Now I stuck with Dwarf because yeah...Ranulf Woodkin just doesn't work for a non-dwarf but other than that I tried to optimize what I could...so any suggestions?

Code:
    Ranulf Woodkin Lawful Neutral Dwarven Druid 18/Monk2

Str 16
    Dex 14
    Con 16
    Int 8
    Wis 16 (Lvl ups here)
    Cha 6

Monk@ 1 & 8

1 Augment Summoning, Stunning Fist(M) 
    3 Power Attack
    6 Maximize
    8 Toughness(M)
    9 Empower
    12 IC:Bludgeoning
    15 Empower Healing
    18 Nat 1
    ED GMoF
    21 Nat 2
    24 Nat 3

Skills: Concentration, Balance
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 03-23-2013 at 09:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

IMHO, it's a mistake for a WIS-based mostly-druid wolf build to ignore their caster DPS, particularly since you'll have Essence of the Shrike proccing routinely giving you free SPs. So I'd want Maximize, at least. I haven't decided if CL+GC is worth it on a Drunk if you're not going for OC; the added AoE DPS is nice, but nicer than a couple more metas?

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    IMHO, it's a mistake for a WIS-based mostly-druid wolf build to ignore their caster DPS, particularly since you'll have Essence of the Shrike proccing routinely giving you free SPs. So I'd want Maximize, at least. I haven't decided if CL+GC is worth it on a Drunk if you're not going for OC; the added AoE DPS is nice, but nicer than a couple more metas?
    Hmmm...makes sense but isn't the cooldown increase a bit crippling?
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 02-28-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Many of your best DPS options are DoTs, both single-target (like Greater Creeping Cold) and AoE (Ice Storm, Firewall, Lightning Storm, etc.). Just because you can't spam them like a Season's Herald or Savant can doesn't mean they aren't an important part of your DPS. Plus as a winter wolf you'll have Cold Breath, so it's natural to build on ice magic anyway.

If anything, my biggest complaint with druids is their spell DPS enhs are so dang expensive compared to arcanes; after you factor in the PrE pre-reqs, trying to squeeze in more than, say, two DPS lines on a Nature's Warrior is almost impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Many of your best DPS options are DoTs, both single-target (like Greater Creeping Cold) and AoE (Ice Storm, Firewall, Lightning Storm, etc.). Just because you can't spam them like a Season's Herald or Savant can doesn't mean they aren't an important part of your DPS. Plus as a winter wolf you'll have Cold Breath, so it's natural to build on ice magic anyway.

If anything, my biggest complaint with druids is their spell DPS enhs are so dang expensive compared to arcanes; after you factor in the PrE pre-reqs, trying to squeeze in more than, say, two DPS lines on a Nature's Warrior is almost impossible.
    Ok Metas it is...now which is better Maximize and Heighten or Max & Emp? Other?
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 02-28-2013 at 05:50 PM.

meta priorities:

Quicken - you can cast heal, a quickened heal is amazing
    Maximize - makes the spells bigger!
    Empower - I like empower but its defiantly the 3ed one i would pick.