Default Character slot access for Premium account

Hi guys,

I used to be VIP and had 10 characters. 3 years later, I started to play again. However, as Premium account, I can only play 3 characters instead of 4.

These are the first 4 characters I created in timely order: Human, Human, Elf, and Drow. I don't have access to this Drow character even I unlock it in game (by favor).

Is this a bug or I have to purchase Drow?

Thanks,
    Nirv
    . .° . . .° .°°° . °°° . ° . . .°
    . ° ° . ° . .° . .° . .° . ° . .°
    ° . ° ° . .° . .°°° . . . ° .°
    ° . . ° . °°° .° . . ° . . .°

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    Hi guys,

I used to be VIP and had 10 characters. 3 years later, I started to play again. However, as Premium account, I can only play 3 characters instead of 4.

These are the first 4 characters I created in timely order: Human, Human, Elf, and Drow. I don't have access to this Drow character even I unlock it in game (by favor).

Is this a bug or I have to purchase Drow?

Thanks,
    Nirv
    Is the drow character a class that you have to pay for/unlock, such as monk, favored soul, artificer, or druid?

Did you unlock Drow on one of the characters that is locked because of the account downgrade? I haven't heard of that being an issue before, just a thought.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

How does the game handle characters who are left in zones that the player no longer might own for example? For example can you even get to GH if you do not own that pack? Or can you get to the "town" just no enter the wilderness or any of the quests in GH proper? The restricted class is more likely. Since it seems you have those characters in the order you created them, pretty clearly one of the first 3 had to get past 400 favor for drow.
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

Thanks for the replies.

My 4th character is a Drow Sorc. And I have unlocked Drow multiple times (through TR) on one of my 3 accessible characters.

Another possible reason might be my 4th Character might not be Drow (which is unlikely). But then again, Monk is my 6th if not 7th character I created... I also purchased WF since I thought one of WF caster was 4th one, but no luck...

Sigh, I can't figure this out...

Nirv

Are you able to look up the offending character on Myddo to see if it is a Monk or something?
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

This is definitely a bug...

Community Member

Default Not a bug - WAI

Ummm, not a bug, WAI.

From the Known Issues List , WAI section.

"If you are downgrading from a VIP account, any characters of a premium race and/or class that you have not purchased with Turbine Points or unlocked with favor must be purchased/unlocked before you will be able to access the character as a free or premium player. Example: If you downgrade and select a warforged monk, you will need to purchase monk and warforged before you'll be able to play the character."

and

"Once Favored Soul or Drow is unlocked with favor points, it is still accessible in the DDO Store. This is by design, as purchase in the store will grant Favored Soul or Drow access to your account for all servers, while favor unlocking is per-server only."

Drow was unlocked before when I was VIP, still can't play it though

I thought you had to select the characters to play. Didn't think it had anything to do with when the character was created or which spot on the list it occupied...IE if you have 10 you get to pick which 4 are accessable. (within account/server constraints)
    D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).