Community Member

Default Epic Antique Greataxe best augments?

What do u use?

Content use?

Old? New?
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

1D10 damage in the red socket, Acid is currently a good choice.

Colorless socket just depends on what bonuses you have elsewhere, but +1 exceptionals are usually a good bet.

Community Member

You could slot devotion if you are a melee divine or paladin.

But yeah, not many options for the red slot since it already breaks good and metal DR. Maybe if there are some new mobs with lawful or some other obscure alignment DR in the near future you could slot that.
    Ceruleus ~ Nnomad ~ Nnia ~ Nnurgh ~ Cynnical
    Cannith

1d12 acid or 1d12 fire at level cap. 1d10 is a very viable substitute for lower levels (and as the difference is so small, you can keep using the 1d10 for ages and prioritize all your other desired augments)
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

For future TRing purposes, I'd just make it 1d8 for 4 less levels. 1 damage isn't worth it(unless you have 2 EAGAs I guess)
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    1d12 acid or 1d12 fire at level cap. 1d10 is a very viable substitute for lower levels (and as the difference is so small, you can keep using the 1d10 for ages and prioritize all your other desired augments)
    There is no 1d12. 1d10 is level 24, which is the highest augment.

Reconstruction for Juggernauts is nice, or devotion for pretty much anyone can be a good bet, especially if you plan on twisting rejuvenation cocoon, which adds a nice bit of self healing/damage mitigation.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

When I got around to placing augments in my E-Antique on Urik {I've had the Seal & Shard since Pre MotU - Was just waiting till I could afford a scroll} I asked in Cannithtrade.

I was told that Elec is completely useless in Epic content and the consensus was on either Acid or Cold!

I chose Cold.

I also slotted a Dex 6 in the colourless slot.

I haven't ran any Epic GH Content yet other than the slayer {once} so have no way of slotting Epic Augments {I'm happy with lvl 16s}

My FvS has:

1d10 acid
    +2 insight str
    I feel at home in the darkness, when its just me and my blades...when the hunter takes over!

Community Member

Was thinking Acid or Devotion as a Divine.

Got a Devotion Ruby at Auction, and it helped with a lot of gear issues. i kiss my ax before every battle now.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Devotion is a definitely decent option.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

I will probably leave mine with +7 slotted from the old system. EAG is a base damage weapon that you can tag a lot of critical multipliers onto with Overwhelming Critical in the Legendary Dreadnought ED. I think of the EAG as a weapon that can deal the best possible damage in the worst possible scenario, which makes it a good all-round weapon. It's a DR breaker with untyped burst damage. I think I'll stick with that theme by keeping it at a slightly higher base damage, rather than adding higher elemental damage that can be completely resisted in some situations.
    Last edited by Nitesco; 03-31-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Community Member

I have shock on mine, just because I picked up randomly and didn't feeling like spending any resources on trying to find a "better" one.

The extra damage is nice, and works pretty well all around. The EAGA is a great all-around weapon regardless.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    I will probably leave mine with +7 slotted from the old system. EAG is a base damage weapon that you can tag a lot of critical multipliers onto with Overwhelming Critical in the Legendary Dreadnought ED. I think of the EAG as a weapon that can deal the best possible damage in the worst possible scenario, which makes it a good all-round weapon. It's a DR breaker with untyped burst damage. I think I'll stick with that theme by keeping it at a slightly higher base damage, rather than adding higher elemental damage that can be completely resisted in some situations.
    That's my current situation as well. Have it slotted with +7 and don't see a compelling reason to update to the new augments. Not sure why they took the +7 augment out in u17.