Default Best all-around epic destiny for a TR?

So, I TR a fair bit, with much less rhyme or reason to linking classes than I should do. I also tend to spend semi-random amounts of time at endgame.

So, pretty much my question is what ED would be most versatile for multiple classes? That is to say, if I were barbarian this life, cleric next, then rogue or something, which ED should I go with so that I get some value out of it for the time I spend in epics? I understand it won't be optimal with all classes, but just want something functional so I won't feel like I'm killing time.

Probably Unyielding Sentinel, or Primal Avatar. They have the broadest applications to multiple classes without requiring much in the way of class abilities or feats.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

If you play through the Eveningstar and Gianthold epics, you should get enough ranks in your first destiny to unlock its neighbors, or at least come close.

Versatility of a single Epic Destiny is a tough order. Most EDs have a lot to offer their target build-type, but they only give consolation prizes to other builds. For example, the best way to make a caster stronger is with stronger spells, and while caster EDs do this, they won't dramatically add to a melee build's DPS or durability.

You might consider Shiradi Champion, since they get healing abilities early. They're not great, but healing is universally useful. Also, you can hop over to Legendary Dreadnought when you're on melee lives.

The other option I'm eyeballing is Unyielding Sentinel. Most of its abilities synergize with things you'd find on a melee divine build (paladin, favored soul, cleric, maybe a fighter), but even for a caster, I guess the extra hit points are useful.

It doesn't really matter, you want to level them all for fate points anyway.

Maybe pick ones that will be especially annoying to level on your final life, like melee destinies if you'll be a caster or caster destinies if a melee.

Thanks. I'd been leaning towards Shiradi or Unyielding. More towards Unyielding, since it's close to unlocking another sphere, as well as it gives some HP and lay oh hands. I'll check out the Primal Avatar though.

Also, what I may end up doing is deciding how long I'll be playing post-20 before TRing this life and perhaps pick something conducive to that class if I plan to hang out a while.

This life is barbarian, and next I'm thinking either bard or cleric, or maybe rogue. Hence why I'm unsure of useful classes. Each of those have quite different needs in an ED, though I expect some HP and self-healing is always en vogue.

Community Member

imo Unyielding Sentinel is better for stand against the tide's ability to grant you immunity to being knocked down as that effects melees and spellcasters alike. And the smites while not as good as LD for dps certainly do add to dps. Confront any Foe is a good way to use turn undead attempts for more dps and since light damage spell power is based on the spellcraft skill even mages should deal decent damage. Not to mention in a tight spot Lay on Hands is immeasurably beneficial for uninterruptable healing. Hardened for more ac is also a great pick as almost everyone needs more ac. And Undying Vanguard is great for squishier classes to help them survive. All these things almost everyone needs , while other destinies are more focused on specific classes.