Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NancyD View Post
    Hey thanks for the party. It was great meeting the Turbine folks. Tolero's real joyous and was the right person to be working that table, great meeting you! She had a donation jar for Children's going, good for you.

Thanks for the ddo swag, Turbine. Very nice of you to have us.

Ah man, props to the main system dev's wife for taking so many photos of me, staged I confess, pretending to be difficult telling the devs we need a really good cleric one-hander for endgame. Devs were super cool and funny. Great that we could chat with them.

In fact, I appreciated 'em cause they looked cool and fun, before I knew they were devs, and thought they were joking when they said they were. And one very logically observed that he had a nametag and a grey turbine hoodie that he said you coldn't get here. And ever the gamer, I scouted the room for a second to find where that sweatshirt dropped. no apparent drop locations. Ergo, um, yeah, that's a dev. LOL.

Anyway, they were cool and seemed sharp. I know the system engineer musta had to have worked some rough hours this soring, and his wife confirmed and I commiserated. Meeting 'em really schools in patience. Oh and shout out to the Dev with the super fun hat.

(Note to husband: since you weren't at this one and unable to contradict me, I might err um had fun comparing our gamer skills with the devs. :P)

I met a nice couple there, Lotro types, and the husband wanted me to persuade his new wife to play Lotro. Well, I don't, so best I could do is say these are team games and some times, some girls, they are good at teaming. So if she starts gaming and it ruins their marriage, everyone blame me! I left pretty early, but a great party. Even the lne was fun. Shout out to Tanya from "the flighting trousers" with this reminder: never apologize for your guild name, it is a fantasy game!

Well, other things to do in town. Lunch with a finance economist and 4 pm there is Cambridge, for Harvard plays Arizona, so that's the place to be then. If Harard wins this they are in the sweet sixteen. Then friends from college this Sat night. PAX itself I might buzz again this morning, but since there's no Turbine booth, I might just buzz Eve/Dust a little.

No biggie that there is no Turbine booth. Tolero mentioned at party that they will have an announcement just after PAX. I can see that. A product could get lost at PAX. Damn the convention space is complicated. You need a fricking math degree with a specialty in algebraic geometry to find anything. Oh wait. I should try again. Or maybe I just haven't adjusted to the disturbing cosplay yet. Omfg. And yes, guildies, I will take photos and post on guildie website and no, guildies, I will not focus on hot cosplay girls in my photos, despite a request I got this morning. LOL. Seriously, get a life! :P
    Hey Nancy sounds like you made some headway on the cleric one hander - Yeahs.. Sounded like a good time.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Hey Nancy sounds like you made some headway on the cleric one hander - Yeahs.. Sounded like a good time.
    Oh sweetie but I was just joking around with the Devs on the cleric one-hander. It would be terribly gauche to show up at their party with serious loot suggestions! We perhaps did run up to Fernando, get a photo, and jokingly mention said one-hander, but Fernando got the joke and laughed.

Any mischievous thought I had along these lines was quickly vanquished by the piping hot coconut shrimp.

Yeah, lol, didn't fly to Boston for the one-hander pitch, lol. Was gonna be in town this weekend and wanted to meet the Turbine crew.

Kinda wished I had mentioned to the devs how wonderfully team-oriented and interesting FOT is.
    /Nancy

NancyPDoyle, Dubitable, Bluer, Perisher, NPD, OttoAttack, and others, all on Khyber

Thumbs up

Had a good time at the party, got to hang out with Tolero and kookiekobold to discuss my case of altoholism.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyreonx View Post
    Had a good time at the party, got to hang out with Tolero and kookiekobold to discuss my case of altoholism.
    Um, hope when I gave away my free drink ticket it wasn't to you!

I have a brunch in Cambridge and then 3 more hours for PAX. I wonder if the webcomic group I saw yesterday will still be there. Kinda regret not checking that out.

Wow, is tabletop ever healthy and thriving in Boston. Like wow.
    /Nancy

NancyPDoyle, Dubitable, Bluer, Perisher, NPD, OttoAttack, and others, all on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Momsboys View Post
    OooOOO what you giving out? xD
    I've got a couple of the hoodies that were handed out at the party and assorted "leftovers" from previous swag efforts.

Currently waiting for the train, should be at PAX East in an hour or so. Last day! Find me for swag. Head over to our Twitter feed for locations, and even a pic of me to know who to look for.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I've got a couple of the hoodies that were handed out at the party and assorted "leftovers" from previous swag efforts.

Currently waiting for the train, should be at PAX East in an hour or so. Last day! Find me for swag. Head over to our Twitter feed for locations, and even a pic of me to know who to look for.
    Having brunch in Cambridge but then I may try to find you for the fun of it.

LOL, you should try to find US! Hint: I am the most colorfully dressed person not on cosplay! Seriously, sad to see so many women wearing dark hues.
    /Nancy

Having brunch in Cambridge but then I may try to find you for the fun of it.

LOL, you should try to find US! Hint: I am the most colorfully dressed person not on cosplay! Seriously, sad to see so many women wearing dark hues.
    I can probably meet up with folks too! DMing me on Twitter is easiest due to phone notifications. I will look out for colorful non costumed you as we'll.
    Join us on Twitch!

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

And yes, guildies, I will take photos and post on guildie website and no, guildies, I will not focus on hot cosplay girls in my photos, despite a request I got this morning. LOL. Seriously, get a life! :P
    lol. Who asked? (Go on... dob them in... :P We're going to guess otherwise...)
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

On the train home after another fun day. Thank you to every DDO player that took time this weekend to visit with us! Good times. Also, I succeeded in getting rid of all my swag, except for a few buttons and a couple other trinkets, so I consider my weekend "work" to be a success.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

On the train home after another fun day. Thank you to every DDO player that took time this weekend to visit with us! Good times. Also, I succeeded in getting rid of all my swag, except for a few buttons and a couple other trinkets, so I consider my weekend "work" to be a success.
    Thanks again Cordovan! Really enjoyed the party and appreciate the extra swag at the event! You'll have to let us know if "Flame War" happens. We're about to play now so I'll let you know what we think.

Thanks Cordovan! Glad you had fun too!
    /Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    lol. Who asked? (Go on... dob them in... :P We're going to guess otherwise...)
    Oh Mel I think they were joking. BUT I took some cosplay photos anyway. I will have aome PAX photos up on the pnr.guildportal.com website in a day or two. Had a great convo with event musician John C. and got a funny photo of an autographed apple. He is supercool.

I LOVED the webcomic guys and all the tabletop enthusiasts, but photos don't show the energy of those spaces. The cosplay outfits, well, it photos well. So I have a bunch of those.

Omfg. Who told all those young girl gamers to wear black or grey hoodies? I so wanted to run a panel on PAX EAST makeover. Ok, not everyone wants to wear a teal jeweled knit shirt with a deep pink scarf with gold Arabic lettering. And a bright lime jacket atop it all. But by day 3 that is what I wore as a sorta public notice that bright colors are in this spring.

Only was at PAX half the time this weekend. I'd go fulltime nexttime to dive into some tabletop. The panels were yawn, the ones I ducked in and out of. That was the only disappointment.
    /Nancy

I had a blast.

I got blown off when I asked a turbie what he'd been working on. (it seems they are announcing something today)

I won fabulous prizes. Serious. This Madcatz keyboard and mouse makes me feel like I'm at mission control.

I'm also thinking when PAX Prime rolls around I might dress as a DDO NPC. Hmmm....

Sent an email for an invite..

never got a reply

*shrug*
    All My toons: Keran, Kaven, Tirin, Kedic, Kyllem, Kasmin, Jykob, Bistraya, Cyara, Cyclical, Erana, Nils, Nynyx

Had a great time meeting with players and hearing all the wonderful and sometimes crazy ideas, and putting faces to some of the names here!

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Had a great time meeting with players and hearing all the wonderful and sometimes crazy ideas, and putting faces to some of the names here!
    Thanks for taking the time talking to us. Forgot to ask where did you get that party hat?

Oh yeah, forgot to ask about the enhancement pass. I hope it is still in the works.

Ideas weren't ideas if they weren't crazy. Gnome illusionists, Tiefling Warlocks and Kalashtar Psionics!

My boss told me if I could just write the same scripts like other engineers, I would be just like them... I know DDO can do something spectacular for us!

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

It was nice meeting you as well and see we don't bite. :P
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post

I still want to know where the grey turbine hoodie drops!! ::scanning room:: http://pnr.guildportal.com/GuildFile...y/turbine4.jpg (Also, Vargouille, cool hat.)
    Last edited by NancyD; 03-27-2013 at 07:50 AM.
    /Nancy

The Crafting Mogul
    Hero and Host of DDO Chat

Thank you everyone from Turbine. The party was a blast and I got a chance to meet some awesome people!
    The Crafting Mogul of Orien!, Yuupppp!! .:. Join The Craze - http://www.ddochat.com
    Proud to be part of what is, sad at the closure of what was, and grateful to have called it home...
    Proudly Canadian, and just providing my $0.02 cents. ($0.025 USD )

Community Member

It was a lot of fun! Thanks to Cordovan for talking to us for so long and going along with our picture posing.
    Graceana, 28 rogue (TRing like crazy) ~ Xiya, 12 ranger/8 fighter ~ Shinshi, 28 monk ~ Ayaxi, 20 rogue (TRing) ~ Saravi, 28 cleric ~ Talvi, 20 druid
    Zinzie, 18 sorcerer/2 paladin ~ Kishori, 20 bard ~ Sanziana, 20 ranger ~ Faunia, 9 druid/9 monk/2 fighter/8 epic ~ Viven, 16 bard/4 fighter/8 epic
    Cliodna, 18 wizard/2 rogue (TRing) ~ Serenwyn, 15 bard/3 fighter/2 rogue ~ Duisteri, 12 monk/5 wizard/3 rogue/4 epic
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast