Default Time to allow stacking of Uncanny and Improved Uncanny Dodge?

There was some talk back when MotU was released of stacking the Uncanny and Improved Uncanny Dodge bonuses (currently they don't stack, with a max dodge of 6% from either of these feats).

Given the increase in EE cleave and AoE attacks such as giant stomp and dragon tail swipes ("Watch the tail!"), making positioning less of a useful defensive tactic, is it time to let these two feats stack?

That'd end up being a +6% dodge bump for Barbies and Rogues at endgame.

Thanks.
    Brenna / Tzanna, The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

It's the same ability. Passive dodge wise. Which is why the wiki claims improved uncanny dodge getting a bonus at lvl 4 and 6 on a rogue. Which doesn't have it till lvl 8.
    And the implication of having a 25 and 50% clicky is overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Narfle_the_Garthok View Post
    And the implication of having a 25 and 50% clicky is overpowered.
    Yes. That's why I'm just talking about the passive.

It's the same ability. Passive dodge wise.
    At present, yes. They were discussing granting the passive for both, but they wanted to take a look at it over time, which is why I'm asking.

I don't think anyone would consider the passive +6% game breaking for barbs or rogues, though ofc I could be wrong.
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

Well, not counting other sources of dodge no.
    But one can get 8% at mid lvl and 12% at epic-ish lvls from items alone.
    With the dodge feat, spring attack and maybe some monkness mixed in another 6% would get one pretty close too the hard cap of 25%.

Something I think was meant to at least cost some ED effort to achieve.

Well, not counting other sources of dodge no.
    But one can get 8% at mid lvl and 12% at epic-ish lvls from items alone.
    That's, what? 4 or 5 item slots?
    4% - item
    3% - item
    2% - item
    1% - item
    2% - Mobility item
    Ok.

With the dodge feat, spring attack and maybe
    If you splash enough for the spring attack line, you're not going to be getting the whole 12% (proposed passive, up from 6%) from uncanny/imp uncanny.

Heck, *back* load it, if multiclassing is a concern ... in the extreme example, put the 6% passive from Imp Uncanny into the 20th level of Barb/Rogue.

some monkness mixed in another 6% would get one pretty close too the hard cap of 25%.
    It's a buff request thread; closer to the 25% cap is the point.

Monks that care about dodge are already hitting the 25% cap (and complaining there is one).

Something I think was meant to at least cost some ED effort to achieve.
    Well, then they did it wrong.
    On live today:
    12% -items (your number)
    6% - monk 4
    3% - dodge
    4% - rogue 12
    (can be replaced with 2% Spring Attack, assuming a Mobility item is counted above
    + 2% Ocean stance)

No EDs required.

The gear they seem to be pushing to light armor users (rogues) in particular *seems* to intend that we work on AC, with a little bit of dodge tossed in.

That just doesn't work in the current crop of EEs (u16/u17).
    And with u17, positioning means less; hence, the call for the evaluation of the 'we might buff uncanny dodge in the future'.

Barbs ... I'm not sure what they intended with barbs. :P
    This would help them as well.

I generally don't do buff requests; I'm usually all about the fluff (armor appearance, weapon skins, whatever).
    I think the devs should at least look at this suggestion, however.

Thanks.
    Last edited by SableShadow; 02-26-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    Ascent on Argo

As I understand it the intend is for rogues to use guerrilla style attacks.
    Use the 50% dodge class clicky or 100% dodge clicky when sneaking, just before an assassination or marking and swing hard and fast dealing massive dmg. Then back off from combat with a quick invis diversion until such options are available again. And they seem too discourage other methods. In part with the dodge cap.
    It can be worked around with knowledge, build and gearsets. But there seems to a strongly ingrained "suggested" playstyle, without the cookiecutter forcing that other mmo's tend to have.

Other than that, yeah, what Sable said.