Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by catmamor View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but there are an awful lot of people paying $10 a month - it adds up to millions a month.
    Lol, in theory but not reality. That would mean at least 200k Vips (you did say millions). There is not a chance that this game has that many subs.
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

I understand what you're saying, but there are an awful lot of people paying $10 a month - it adds up to millions a month.
    If a thousand people are paying $10 a month - That's only 10,000 dollars.

You'd need a Hundred Thousand People paying $10 a month to get 1 million dollars!

You said Millions a month!

No! Just no!

Happy Birthday DDO. Im i the only one that has 70% of there toons with no Battle Box? Is this going to be fixed or will these toons just not get one?

Quote Originally Posted by MnaSidhe View Post
    Where is Fernando... und why doesnt he want to talk to us?
    He said you guys were mean to him.

Quote Originally Posted by FZTopaz View Post
    When I started VIP for my wife and myself, I did it fully expecting any expansions to be something I paid for out of pocket on top of my VIP subscription....because that's the way video games have always worked. The deal of VIP is still there....I feel I get a lot for my money...and all adventure packs are still free to me!
    Oh I don't disagree with that perspective, it was just not the way things were discussed and pitched on the forums and in threads with the developers and game people back when the game was being converted from just the subscription mode. I had multiple subscriptions from shortly after we started in 2006. Based on the information given back then, I keep one as VIP (since it appeared we would get "everything" with VIP) and let the other one lapse to premium, and intended to only get content that was "good" or when I needed to dual box if no other guildies were around or interested. Soon thereafter 4 more accounts were started, two "paid" premium (for older household members) and 2 left just as F2P for the youngest in the house to mess around with.

I think only players from before the change really have a perspective on the tone of those threads and posts (alas pretty much all lost to the great forum purge/dump some years back). There is a fundamental difference however between the psychology of a VIP subscriber and a Premium. The VIP looks at the game as an ongoing expense where the game itself needs to justify that monthly outlay. A premium made a purchase decision and once done, that is a sunken cost, so whether they play a lot or little or never again, that sunken cost is one and done. The VIP is constantly looking at the ledger and asking, is it worth another month or not? I keep the VIP for few reasons like Elite opening (which was diluted via the Store), early access (although that is diluted by the previews on lamaland), and a few other things that matter to me in some fashion.
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

I'm not cancelling my VIP subscription even if there's a new expansion. I have a choice to get it or not - why would I cancel my VIP 'cause I have a choice of another expansion?

I look at how any game does it and there are subscription models that still have you buy expansion. Maybe I'm missing something here? But I agree with a lot of people who points out that increasing the level cap again might be a bad idea considering that there's not nearly enough Epic content to unlock all the destinies especially since the repeat penality is starting to hit hard. There has to be some kind of repeat decay just like there's a ransack decay. We don't level the same way as we did years ago. Remove the penalty completely and add a decay on it instead - like 5 or 7 days to go away completely. People who TR won't wait until the penalty is gone to re-run the same quests and it makes no sense to have the penalty in regards to destiny leveling.

Come on - I don't mind new content, new ideas, but lets first blow away all the garbage features like BTC mats, penalties and such that are boat anchors to most players.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    Work on the new enhancement system is well underway and it will be heading to its first public beta this spring. In its current iteration, each class has at least two prestige class paths. The UI, similar to the Epic Destiny tree, will be a long awaited simplification to planning your character build, but more importantly, the goal is to make better choices more accessible for both new and advanced players in the heroic levels. We are planning an extended beta for this one. We’ll be doing multiple trips to Lamannia and lots of player events to give us all an opportunity to try it on various characters and gather lots of feedback.
    Glin,
    There are times I will create a character and go the way of a custom build, but as a very casual player, there are times I will just take the pre-made paths when creating a character. How does or will this affect the pre-made paths when the new enhancement system is in place? If so, will there be any changes to the paths?
    Thanks.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Happy Birthday DDO and thanks for the news, Glin.

I will reserve judgment on the changes to come but as of now, they are a bit underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    What you basically appear to be saying is that you are no longer honouring VIP ... my renewal is Feb 27, I just took your advice and cancelled my VIP membership
    Welcome to the Dark Side ...

Quote Originally Posted by palmate View Post
    You get plenty of stuff for your VIP dues.
    Value is in the eye of the beholder. IMO, the longer you stay, the better off you are to go premium. For a year or less foray into the game and check it out, ViP all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MnaSidhe View Post
    Where is Fernando... und why doesnt he want to talk to us?
    Do we really want that?

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    It's been very obvious since Update 1 that Turbine had no interest in VIP members.
    Indeed. Some of us were just slow learners.

Ah, thank you, such naive innocence cannot but bring a smile to the face.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Work on the new enhancement system is well underway and it will be heading to its first public beta this spring. In its current iteration, each class has at least two prestige class paths. The UI, similar to the Epic Destiny tree, will be a long awaited simplification to planning your character build, but more importantly, the goal is to make better choices more accessible for both new and advanced players in the heroic levels. We are planning an extended beta for this one. We’ll be doing multiple trips to Lamannia and lots of player events to give us all an opportunity to try it on various characters and gather lots of feedback.
    you mean you are gonna come this far and not let us know if the 'current iteration' has the same ridiculous 3 tree limit as the 'last iteration'? mean, just mean.

As I have always said, one of the strengths of DDO is great adventures to undertake and that is why I am most pleased to announce DDO’s second expansion titled ‘Shadowfell Conspiracy’ coming this summer!
    paid expansion, as in more money for the not-so-vips? poor form. boo.

Of course I can’t end without one last bit of awesome upcoming news: I have seen the first rendition of the owlbear monster and I can assure everyone this thing will go from mysteriously acquired pelt to fully animated encounter before long.
    OWLBEARS!!!! fantastic. best news of your post. and its about damn time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    why do i get the impression that the new Enh. line is going too be a Dumb down tree like the neverwinter online game. and really no update till summer? i mean GH was just a rehash so imo0 thats not even worthy of update statis other than the raid and any that say it is either works for DDO or just a fan boy
    Because,(based on your post) it appears you are a pessimist, and that you don't accept any opinion but your own as valid?

And update 17 was about GEAR far more than it was about epic gianthold. If you consider that they upgraded a few hundred items, then yes, i consider that an update.

Work on the new enhancement system is well underway and it will be heading to its first public beta this spring. In its current iteration, each class has at least two prestige class paths.
    That's disappointing. One of the benefits of the new system was to be full PrE paths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Quote Originally Posted by Truga View Post
    Yay.
    Yawn.
    yawn.
    Hey guys, those other people are ripping people off, we should do it too.
    I you feel ripped off, just stop paying, stop playing and ****.

Default TR and TR next

I wanted to mention Epic TR in the letter because we do have plans for it. We will not be trying to accomplish that for the expantion pack release.
    ---------------
    follow me on Twitter @producerglin

I like the new content ideas and the frequencey. However, before charging us for the 2nd expansion, how about getting the first one to work right? I am still waiting on several EDs to be fixed that I paid for....
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aashrym View Post
    That's disappointing. One of the benefits of the new system was to be full PrE paths.
    How is that different than http://ddowiki.com/page/Enhancements ? Artificer is planned to have 2, so that is the stated minimum = at least two... Doesn't mean they won't flesh out and put in the missing planned ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Another expansion. Nice. And, I like that FR is being opened up to lower levels.

Happy Birthday, DDO!

O M G

plz memnir, tell this is not .....

a BLACK LOTUS CANDLE ?!?!!!??
    R.I.P. Devourer - 20-Aug-2010 11:00 GMT(+1 DST)
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron. We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

***Ghallanda Rerolled*** *Yvonnel-1* "Peinlicher" Sylestria-1 Jarlaxle-1 Sammaster-1 Zapp-1
    formerly Dorn / Devourer - EU

I wanted to mention Epic TR in the letter because we do have plans for it. We will not be trying to accomplish that for the expantion pack release.
    So no date for that?

Great really looking forward !!

just a few
    Will arti and clrc get their ED's ??
    Will there be a new playable race with wisdom as main stat ??
    Is more "old" content going to be Epicified ?? (Epic Shroud YaY!)

With the lvlcap increase will we get another way to increase power, something like devine powers granted by a god, where the choice is linked to your race and/or alignment (would be nice to be forced not to be True Neutral for a change).

many thanks

Happy 7th Anniversary DDO Nation! We’ve been together a long time now; in some US states we’d be common law married!
    I think we are working closer to a common law divorce, since we are celebrating by you taking the gift you gave me back (no birthday box) and the clothes of my back (outfits anyone?)!

I am kind of kidding...

Thanks for the community chat and update though.

Moderatly reformed forum lurker.

"Hi, Lurker"

Quote Originally Posted by Kylstrem View Post
    And I see you guys have banned Fernando from making these posts. After the "Take paralyzing off a weapon and put on another weapon" and the "we have a new raid coming" that both never appeared, that's probably a good thing.

That was the FIRST thing I thought

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast