Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raoull View Post
    Hurm.....

I can't believe they are upping the level cap so soon. We still haven't recovered from the last one.

Upping the level cap spreads out the people and who they can group with. Upping the lvl cap from 25 to 28 means that there will be about 1/8th less LFMs that you qualify for at any point in time. Sure, far less of a hit than the 1/4 that struck us with U14, but it doesn't seem like we've even recovered from that one.

At is isn't only puggers who suffer. Whether you get your groups via guilds, channels or what have you, you still need to find people about your level to play with. The more levels.... the less people.

Not good for the game at all....
    I think they need to dump the entire leveling penalty for all quests lvl 20+ in the interest of grouping. ED's are going to have a bigger impact than actual character level, and the system doesn't check ED's.
    Brenna / Tzanna, The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

Level cap 28. MotU quests are 21-23. Can't party with capped characters anymore. High Road is borderline playable on Hard.

I was expecting the enhancement revamp and the second expansion somewhat between this year and the next, but I was NOT expecting another level cap raise. Veteran level 15 characters might also kill one part of DDO that I love. This might be the point that break DDO for me. Let's wait and see how they handle it.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

You thought under equipped level 16 toons were bad.. wait till you get freshly created level 15 toons running around the Vale...

I agree Im not spending $75 for all the buggy code coming, I'll wait 2 months and buy the patched 'kinda working this time' stuff for $5

Community Member RedDragonScale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kylstrem View Post
    And I see you guys have banned Fernando from making these posts. After the "Take paralyzing off a weapon and put on another weapon" and the "we have a new raid coming" that both never appeared, that's probably a good thing.

From what I have heard from some insiders of the gaming industry, I believe Fernando is no longer in charge of DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    Later in the year we have some other great stories planned and we plan to focus our attention on the True Reincarnation options and update the system to work for Epic level players. Epic True Reincarnation would also introduce a new completionist track. What would two more stat points do to your TR character? Well, stay tuned this summer for an update on our development progress!
    What? What?
    Sarlona: IsilmerelAlistanYusillaNyssisDingfriesThe Order of Cygnus
    "You're still my favorite Isilmerel." ~Tarrant

Happy Birthday and great news... now, GIVE US DRAGONSCALE OUTFITS!!!

Scholar of Treasure Dragon.Star's Avatar

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Look forward to these changes.
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Colon_Cancer View Post
    Was looking for this. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Community Member

very cool for the things to come ,level cap to 28 nice keep up the good work ."D

Not interested whatsoever in another expansion. Fix your bugs and deliver the promised enhancement overhaul before pumping out more broken content and level 50 umbral rats.

Community Member

Not happy about the Level increase
    Not happy about the current XP TR Grind.(probably why they added 50% xp pots)

Happy about new content
    Happy about the enhancement overhaul.

Not sure about the Epic TR
    Not sure about the "Other TR Options"
    Not sure about the starting at level 15.

I am concerned there are not enough LFM's out there as it is.
    I am concerned this is causing the game to become alot more anti social than the game I started playing 3+ years go.

Are we going to have two sections of DDO "Games" and players?
    Those that TR at 20 and start over at 1?
    Those that Epic TR at 28 and start over at 20?
    Wish they would add a feature where you can group with anyone at any level for quests and the game auto scales you to the quest level for lower level quests. Harder to implement, easier to have exploits with but it would help those of us who are working on certain characters group our friends and guildies who are leveling lower level characters.
    Fist and Faith
    Musashi DragonClaw
    Thelanis Warclaws, DragonClaws, MusashiCLAW, Warsclaw
    www.C-L-A-W.org

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    IDK, sounds like 'iconic heroes' are pre-made toons (which have been horrible in the past) and every other time we have had a skip levels from the start option it did not work with TRs.

Either way it seems likely that TRs will not be using it...at least on their final lives.
    I can live with Premade Chars aslong Tarlov is one of them ^_^
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Community Member

I feel that is too early for another expansion. After the epic letdown that was MOTU, I doubt very much that people are willing to pay for another one. It left a bad taste in my mouth for sure.

I am both terrified and interested. Thanks Glin!

I wish it was in Eberron, since I like that realm better, but what is sauce for the goose....
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    And yes, its true, – we’ll be overhauling our bug reporting tool with updated functionality to help us capture even more of your problem details and feedback, and process them more efficiently.
    Can you make sure that with the new tool people who have banned forum accounts but are paying members of the game (VIP/Premium in good standing) can file bug reports (right now they can't, they get a "you are banned from the forums" page)

I'm a little worried about new L15 premade characters. Turbine doesn't have a good history of designing premade characters that actually work (or equiping them properly). That however can be judged when the beta releases, maybe this one you got right.

I'm not happy with another paid expansion. What you basically appear to be saying is that you are no longer honouring VIP and the the only way to get meaningful new content is by paying extra so you basically want people to quit their VIP members. As my renewal is Feb 27, I just took your advice and cancelled my VIP membership and take some time to figure out what, if anything, I should do about playing this game in the future.

Oh, and I see you got rid of your VIP exit questionaire...I wonder why...
    Last edited by Gkar; 02-26-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Community Member Avenging_Angel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Musashiclaw View Post
    Not happy about the Level increase
    Not happy about the current XP TR Grind.(probably why they added 50% xp pots)

Happy about new content
    Happy about the enhancement overhaul.

Not sure about the Epic TR
    Not sure about the "Other TR Options"
    Not sure about the starting at level 15.

I am concerned there are not enough LFM's out there as it is.
    I am concerned this is causing the game to become alot more anti social than the game I started playing 3+ years go.
    My feelings exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    No matter what you post, there is always someone who responds with something like "Unless you are gimped, you should be able to do this with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back." It gets a little tiresome.

I'm pretty wary about pre-made lvl 15's as well. How about a free LR with those?

Either way, I'm sure I'll be there with credit card in hand for the expansion. A junkie's gotta get his fix.
    Morgulion Romenion Zandrine Zeldaryne The Order of Cygnus Sarlona
    Quote Originally Posted by BitkaCK2
    There are no bugs in this game, only unintended features.

Quote Originally Posted by Raoull View Post
    Hurm.....

I can't believe they are upping the level cap so soon. We still haven't recovered from the last one.

Upping the level cap spreads out the people and who they can group with. Upping the lvl cap from 25 to 28 means that there will be about 1/8th less LFMs that you qualify for at any point in time. Sure, far less of a hit than the 1/4 that struck us with U14, but it doesn't seem like we've even recovered from that one.

At is isn't only puggers who suffer. Whether you get your groups via guilds, channels or what have you, you still need to find people about your level to play with. The more levels.... the less people.

Not good for the game at all....
    ^ This. Raising the level cap so soon seems very short-sighted. Some changes will be necessary to keep things working, be it reducing xp penalties from lvl differences, repeat penalties that fade away with time, or something else...

More details on Epic TR would be much welcome as well. Because I sincerely hope it's not that we'll have to TR a lvl 28 in all classes again, that seems like a terrible idea.

Most of the rest sounds great, although like many others, I'm concerned about another buggy expansion, we still have a lot of bugs from the last one..

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    What you basically appear to be saying is that you are no longer honouring VIP and the the only way to get meaningful new content is by paying extra so you basically want people to quit their VIP members. As my renewal is Feb 28, I'll be taking your advice today and cancelling my VIP membership and take some time to figure out what, if anything, I should do about playing this game in the future.

I guess I can see your frustration.. but what you are reading into a "teaser post" is a bit dramatic...

You get plenty of stuff for your VIP dues. Monthly stipend of TP's, character classes, new content (did you pay for Highroad, druids deep, or the Monster Manual? or how about the new Gianthold content and raid?) seriously, to say with a straight face that you don't get anything for your 10 bucks a month is a joke, and I can barely believe that you were able to type that without a smiley face or a "j/k" tag.

cancel your account, and "take some time" but realize that you get a good deal with VIP, and if you don't see that, then by all means cancel. Either quite the game or buy the individual pack as they are released. Either way the whining is getting old.

Palmate
    Last edited by palmate; 02-26-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Can you make sure that with the new tool people who have banned forum accounts but are paying members of the game (VIP/Premium in good standing) can file bug reports (right now they can't, they get a "you are banned from the forums" page)

I'm a little worried about new L15 premade characters. Turbine doesn't have a good history of designing premade characters that actually work (or equiping them properly). That however can be judged when the beta releases, maybe this one you got right.

I'm not happy with another paid expansion. What you basically appear to be saying is that you are no longer honouring VIP and the the only way to get meaningful new content is by paying extra so you basically want people to quit their VIP members. As my renewal is Feb 27, I just took your advice and cancelled my VIP membership and take some time to figure out what, if anything, I should do about playing this game in the future.

Oh, and I see you got rid of your VIP exit questionaire...I wonder why...
    Oh dear lord...another person complaining that they have to buy an expansion. IT'S AN EXPANSION. You still get all adventure packs for free (as evidenced by the three you got since the last expansion) and it's more than just an adventure pack. It includes a lot of stuff.

I seriously don't get you people who think you are owed something. I'm VIP as well, been playing a long ass time. I understand that an expansion, something that comes out in all other MMOs that you have to PAY for...is not free. Even games that have a subscription model only have paid expansions...we at least get a lot of free content as well. Stop complaining that a company is trying to make enough money to pay it's workers and maybe, i don't know, turn a profit instead of just handing over the keys of the kingdom to you because you pay a measly $15 a month.
    Cevon - Nature's Arrow (17 Dru/2 Mnk/1 Wiz HE AA), Shorlong - Pale Master (18 Wiz/2 Monk)
    Gorgnak - Frenzied Barbarian, Krazig - Dark Knight Paladin
    Xanapheia - Fighting Soul (18 FvS/2 Ftr), Addanc - Bearbarian Tank (12 Dru/6 Ftr/2 Brb)
    Thelanis - Leader of The Dark Creed

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast