Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Happy Birthday DDO!

I didn't read through all seven pages to see if anyone else said it, but one thing I noticed was a LACK of statement about RACIAL prestige enhancements. Two per class is great and all, but I'm really looking forward to the promised Racial Prestige...
    I play this game. It is fun.
    Morlen - Vigo - Siliana - Ragz - Jeeyou Knit - EnZeroZeroBe - Joeb - Kiandra - Tenju - Freakadroid - Asteri
    Server: Ghallanda - Member: ToHitArmorClassZero

Well I'm happy about an Expansion. I remember many threads back around Update 9.
    "Oh please give us paid expansions!"

Another thing folks have asked for many times is new Cities. Looks like it'll be a new City? New Races?

I don't mind paying for new expansions.
    I have two Premium FTP accounts. I'll buy it on both.

What I don't do is spend 50 bucks on an Otto's box.

Welp, at this point i think DDO has officially left me behind.

I just do not play enough to be able to keep up with the new content and lvl cap increases.

It's my fault and no one elses of course. Real life has gotten in the way of gaming which is more important to begin with.

I will not be purchasing anymore expansions as i will probably never see the content nor be able to hit the cap.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rnor6084 View Post
    Welp, at this point i think DDO has officially left me behind.

I just do not play enough to be able to keep up with the new content and lvl cap increases.

It's my fault and no one elses of course. Real life has gotten in the way of gaming which is more important to begin with.

I will not be purchasing anymore expansions as i will probably never see the content nor be able to hit the cap.
    Perfectly reasonable. I'm the same way in lotro.

Community Member

I love the mask and panther from the last xpac but the epic items from the f2p side of xpac bugged drops and broken once made epic, a raid that is so dishearting that I have never bothered to complete flag for it on live. Iam still missing outfits and 250 tp, Wail dosent work and impotion sometimes doesnt either. I upgrade system for loot that makes you do all quest on elite and then do the most hated raid many times........... or fork up plat to those who have got a system down and skip the raid like i have done. There are many more items that need attention. the new gainthold loot system is great, Agment crystal seem to be okay. I cant say too much on them as i havent spent too much time in Epic Gh as my two mains are a PM and clonk the clonk is way weeker snice xpac and pm now cant wail and lets face it That is a major part of a pm. So yes i look fowrad to the new xpac, but PLEASE fix some of the old before you bring out the new.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

woah! This sounds awesome. I really enjoyed MotU so this sounds great.

Level 28 makes me whimper a bit... but hey.... this means more fate points right?
    ~ Khyber - Crimson Eagles ~
    ~ Mellinator ~ Mellant ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~

Brissy Australia(u wouldn't know where the real town was)

Well congrats on the birthday.
    It looks like 2013 will be your year ddo.
    Update 17 had a really nice, well put together feeling.
    Good job.

It looks like you guys have turned a corner from the complete
    Fails of update 14 15 16.
    You really turned it around.

Well except the birthday present, which was lame.
    I'll do you a deal, you deliver the enhance pass and I'll VIP
    my two accounts again and get my guildies to do the same.

Atm the guild has only one VIP'r so we can open elite for the rest of us.
    We as a guild like to buy the content as premium players to say thanks.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Aashrym View Post

Yes, and those with only 1 PrE that might only have 2 trees when all were to have 3 is still a disappointment because it's less than anticipated regardless of whether some might have more PrE paths than before.

The difference between 2 trees and 3 trees is a lot of enhancements on top of actual PrE benefits. I'm sure it can be covered with a multiclass or racial PrE to even out but I still find it a bit disappointing.
    What's coming out is the beta version, though, not the final version. It's likely that they have enough stuff/ehancements built that they can release a beta version for testing. Hopefully, the 'missing' PrEs are being worked on while this is occuring.

But - what about game performance issues? What about the horrible lag / rubber banding / freezes for 20 minutes on end?

PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Great!

Now can we take EVIL ALIGNMENT please?

Also, Eve doesn't charge for expansions, though 10-15$ per month (or in game currency) is spendy in a different way.
    Dystopia Starchucker
    Castaspella Practiced Spellcaster
    Ought Machinist

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Glin,

To me this feels like a cash-grab, death-spiral. We went 6 years before an expansion, and now there's 2 in 2 years. You can fleece a sheep many times, but skin it only once.

Last year, Fernando told us that there'd be a bigger emphasis on bug-fixes, and while there have been some each iteration breaks just as much as it fixes. Turbine also has a record of not actually managing their bugs. I don't know if it's a limitation of Perforce (which I don't think it should be, since it's GIT compatible) but there are numerous instances of things like, in path 15.2 "I'd like to remain on the ship a little longer" was fixed - for 2 days before a hotfix from an earlier branch over wrote those changes and you never bothered to go and re-fix them.

There's countless systems in the game that are 80/20% complete, and abandoned, and never to be updated again. New initiatives obsoleting old ones is the norm. Even most recently the astral diamonds to astral shards conversion still leaves Lordsmarch crafting un-updated.

Every update, you release new, flashy, sexy loot that sells and you consistently fail to realize that at most a character has 216 storage spaces for all these things. It's nice that update 17 went back and made some old abandoned loot somewhat desirable. But it's shameful that the new augment system was released with no thought to storage. This is a mistake that FoS has made in the past with the eveningstar challenges, and component reward requirements exceeding storage of bags. New stuff is great. Where do you expect us to put it?

Turbine fails to learn from their mistakes, nor finish what they start.
    Well stated, and +1. I really hope that someone who actually cares is willing to read this and take it to heart without dismissing it.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    We’ve been together a long time now; in some US states we’d be common law married!
    ~Erik Boyer

I want Half!

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

sigh, can we get proper epic levels?
    i'm sick of generic epic levels =\
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Oh good, more bugs.

Yay.
    Proud C.L.A.W. member since 2010

Larathor / Karathor / Arthum / Thanahl / IDEM / Eltheriel
    Thelanis server - Playing DDO since 2006

Default lol

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    why do i get the impression that the new Enh. line is going too be a Dumb down tree like the neverwinter online game. and really no update till summer? i mean GH was just a rehash so imo0 thats not even worthy of update statis other than the raid and any that say it is either works for DDO or just a fan boy
    Thats right because anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.... LOL You even state its your own opinion then imply it should be everyone elses so in general take your opinion and well you get the idea and if you say other wise your just a fanboi or an egotist. lol
    ashlick , bizkit, boobooface, breeewind, breunorson, crystalin, dreamless, drunkenorc, earthborn, elation, elazibeth, firesavant, ftwjust, gabrrielle, hiting, idelisa, inactive,jessamyne, keeblerorc,keighra, killia, layniebug, lmyc, mealltach, nicholete, ravinclaws, sapphiire, tairrdelbach, teenny

2016 DDO Players Council PsychoBlonde's Avatar

OMG level 28? New completionist track?

YOU PEOPLE CRAZY.
    Thelanis player: Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Kimberlei (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Daiahn, Arrekeh

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    And yes, its true, – we’ll be overhauling our bug reporting tool with updated functionality to help us capture even more of your problem details and feedback, and process them more efficiently. With that news, I know now, you are thinking, “that sounds really good…
    I am not entirely sure that this should be something that a software company should be trumpeting as a selling-point feature.

Instead of spending developer time re-tooling a feature that lets your customers report its shortcomings more efficiently, how about releasing a produce that doesn't require your customer base to report its shortcomings, or at least not have to report bugs on a scale as large as would require spending developer time and resources for this "feature".

"Coming Soon from Apple: A single button on your Iphone that allows you to call us and tell us badly broken the product you bought from us is"

"Coming Soon From Ford: When you discover a problem with your vehicle, you can now reach us immediately and tell us about the problem... because you will definitely have problems"

Okay.. I'm ready for the backlash from those who believe that it is the customer's duty, nay imperative, to find and report bugs. Go!

DDO is getting awesome!

Follow the customization path! Always!

Happy birthday DDO!

Quote Originally Posted by Kylstrem View Post
    I am not entirely sure that this should be something that a software company should be trumpeting as a selling-point feature.
    LOL, even funnier it comes after years of them claiming to have 'fixed it'.

It is indeed an embarrasment that the state of DDO requires them to talk about their bug reporting tool in a major announcment thread about what is coming out next.

However, that is the state of DDO. Denying it only makes them look worse.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

ok while some people in the forums have some valid points and concerns i want to say my feelings on this topic. I really like where its going honestly. I think motu was brilliant and it worked. so many people forget all games are bugged and some get fixed fast while others take time. most people i talked to freaking love the content, love high roads and epic gh.

I love they have tried to fix some of the bugs in the game. I have noticed lot's of improvements in the game as the months go by. Sure some things get broken but if people would freaking calm down it will be attended too. I think the worst part about customers is they demand perfection 24/7 and constant challenges/content blah blah blah. Ok we need to look at this from a bigger picture and not snotty little brats from the customer point. DDO has to evolve to keep up the the other contenders out there like WOW, rift, SWOTRO, aeon, etc and all of the mmo's out there. They know there will always be a new big game coming out like Elder Scrolls Online. So from the Turbine's point of view they need to keep people interested in the game or bring new qualities to the ever changing market.

I welcome these changes with open arms because i know DDO needs to do this to survive and not end like City of Heroes which lived for only 6 years. Sure DDO will lose people to other games or changes they made. If the changes were for the better they will get more clients from other games or just new people in general. Expansions work in other games. Motu sold. So yes it worked. most things got fixed. Some things grew weaker because it was a little strong while others gained power. that is the life of a mmo.

So now for the concerns some people have. EE will always be difficult for most players. I think epic gh is perfect example of where it should be. people have issues with gear % in EE raise it from 5% to 8-10. dont let people upgrade ehard stuff to ee. let feather of the sun work on crafting as well as other items in the game like lordsmarch or other systems.

as for the items i would love to see augments go back into the bags or maybe see some of the bags get a few more spaces. even expanding the bank more would be awesome. Rift has a thing on the bottom of their bank that you pay plat to unlock a storage bag spot that holds more stuff. Even ddo could do something like that to hold the new stuff we are acquiring or making.

either way i look forward to these changes because games change. so DDO lets see what ya got planned.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast