Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zectarash View Post
    What's this rumor of "a new enhancement system"? Truth be told, until you mentioned it, I had no idea. I personally have no trouble with the current enhancement system, although I constantly end up repeating the same old "Take this enhancement, it's worth the effort, blah blah blah, etc. etc." so that will be nice.
    It's not exactly a rumor.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=357100
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Default many happy returns

Happy Birthday DDO!

woot ddo being 7 and a great lineup of things this year. i'm still crossing my fingers that warlocks will be released.

personally i say screw the owlbear, i wanna see a bullet go go armored cows.
    DISCLAIMER: All posts made while half-asleep, effected by touch(work) of idiocy, and off the top of the head... unless explicity stated otherwise :P

Lone wolf of The Order of the Wolf

Re the Owlbear:

If Tolero doesn't contribute some of the Owlbear sounds, you're missing a gold mine, Turbine!
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by dlsidhe View Post
    Re the Owlbear:

If Tolero doesn't contribute some of the Owlbear sounds, you're missing a gold mine, Turbine!
    I figure Tolero will be the bonus art for the monster manual entry.

RE: "On that topic, I know what you all want to hear about! And yes, its true, – we’ll be overhauling our bug reporting tool with updated functionality to help us capture even more of your problem details and feedback, and process them more efficiently."

I really cannot believe that you would lead off a happy birthday/upcoming year of additions/news with something as inane as this. You should have already been reading the details and feedback of bug reports and processing them efficiently. This game is seven years old, not 6 months. Maybe this explains why so many people have quit this game since things are overlooked and ignored, but I don't blame that on a bug reporting tool, I blame it poor quality control and testing, or a lack thereof, as in some things just aren't important to some people, like fixing game-breaking bugs. I never left, and nothing was ever that huge of an issue to me, but to others, it was, and it was your lackadaisical attitude about certain bugs that caused them to leave because nothing was ever done to fix so many things, but the worst thing I have encountered personally is the fact that bugs would get reported and you would respond with nonsensical messages such as, "We are unaware of such a bug." Well you weren't unaware of such a bug if I reported it to you, and others reported it to you, and the simple fact that you told us you were unaware of it makes you aware of it. Start being AWARE of bugs when they're reported and CARE about FIXING them in a TIMELY manner, but again, this shouldn't have to be given to you as feedback on DDO's 7th Anniversary letter.

I don't really want an enhancement update unless you're just adding some more; I don't want a complete redo of all enhancements, please!

I couldn't care less about astral diamonds.

Yay an Owlbear! Hopefully lots more new monsters with all the cash you have rolling in and you'll have lots more soon with the new expansion! Thanks for another expansion, more content, more areas, that all sounds exciting, and it's what I want to hear on a 7 year birthday/upcoming year's news letter. Hopefully you'll also give us some more smaller quest expansions as well, because if all we're getting in the next 6 months is 1 paid expansion, I'm kinda upset over this. Please some new quests here and there in small packs at least?
    Last edited by spyyder976; 03-03-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    Happy 7th Anniversary DDO Nation! We’ve been together a long time now; in some US states we’d be common law married! With that, my name is Erik Boyer, also known as ‘Producer Glin’ and I am the Senior Producer on DDO. I myself am starting on my seventh anniversary here at Turbine, working on DDO. I have worked with an amazing team over the years as we took DDO thru its many evolutionary changes and recently expanded into the Forgotten Realms. Supporting both the Eberron and Forgotten Realms’ Campaign, we now have a vast array of options for stories and environments and we are excited to continue delivering classic D&D adventures for you for another year.

This is going to be another amazing year for DDO and I am excited to get to share with you some big news on our plans. Just last week, we launched Update 17 where we got the chance to go back to Gianthold and give it a refresh. We managed to put some giants into Gianthold, not to mention more dragons and that infamous Dracolitch we’ve been talking about since year one. It’s challenging but also exciting when we get the chance to update beloved DDO features to make them even better, and you’ll see that happening on a few different fronts this year. On that topic, I know what you all want to hear about! And yes, its true, – we’ll be overhauling our bug reporting tool with updated functionality to help us capture even more of your problem details and feedback, and process them more efficiently. With that news, I know now, you are thinking, “that sounds really good… but I was sort of thinking of the rumors of an updated character enhancements system.” And I also have great news to share on that!

Work on the new enhancement system is well underway and it will be heading to its first public beta this spring. In its current iteration, each class has at least two prestige class paths. The UI, similar to the Epic Destiny tree, will be a long awaited simplification to planning your character build, but more importantly, the goal is to make better choices more accessible for both new and advanced players in the heroic levels. We are planning an extended beta for this one. We’ll be doing multiple trips to Lamannia and lots of player events to give us all an opportunity to try it on various characters and gather lots of feedback.

Another area where you will see several changes is in the introduction of more uses for Astral Diamond shards throughout our game. Volume 3 of the monster manual, which is now available as of Update 17, not only offers a chance to earn your own beholder pet, we also now let you earn direct-to-pocket Astral Shards. In the near future we will add more ways for you to earn free shards as well as some compelling new ways to use them to enhance your DDO gaming experience.

As I have always said, one of the strengths of DDO is great adventures to undertake and that is why I am most pleased to announce DDO’s second expansion titled ‘Shadowfell Conspiracy’ coming this summer! We are turning our attention back to the Forgotten Realms and we are taking you to some new regions in Cormyr. We will be taking brave heroes, level 15 and up, to a foreboding prison city to the south east of Eveningstar called Wheloon, and high up into the Stormhorn Mountains, north of the high road.

Shadowfell Conspiracy will have more than just new quests and regions, we will also be raising the level cap to 28 and providing something often requested by fans: faster access to the Forgotten Realms! With a new prestige character feature we are calling Iconic Heroes; we think we have an innovative solution that will get you right into the Forgotten Realms starting at level 15. Each of these Forgotten Realms born characters will start as a race class combination with new racial abilities. I can’t wait to tell you more about these characters in the coming months.
    Later in the year we have some other great stories planned and we plan to focus our attention on the True Reincarnation options and update the system to work for Epic level players. Epic True Reincarnation would also introduce a new completionist track. What would two more stat points do to your TR character? Well, stay tuned this summer for an update on our development progress!

There’s a lot more to talk about, and my heart races as I am selectively sharing just hints of what we already have in development! This year is going to be another great year for DDO - with a big, cool new storyline, new D&D monster varieties and powerful new character abilities. We will start communicating more about enhancements and other content very soon. Of course I can’t end without one last bit of awesome upcoming news: I have seen the first rendition of the owlbear monster and I can assure everyone this thing will go from mysteriously acquired pelt to fully animated encounter before long.

Thank you for the many years of fun and feedback, and especially for the many PUGs you may have run with me during that time, and in advance for the next ones.

Happy birthday DDO and community

~Erik Boyer
    Nice to Meet you Erik! And your doing an awesome job on DDO too! Thnx!
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Default It's yelling

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Here's some constructive criticism:

FIX YOUR VERSION MANAGEMENT, TURBINE!
    and it's not really constructive so much as it is a command. But I'll take it.
    Character Compendium

Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    Hi everyone-
    Just wanted to drop in to say Happy Birthday to DDO and thanks to everyone for continuing to play and support our game. Also congratulations to Glin on his first big producer letter! Erik and the rest of the DDO team have some great additions to the game coming with this expansion and we are excited to start sharing information with you.

I wanted to touch on the topic of bugs and product quality that I have seen brought up a lot in this thread. First thing is to say that we recognize that there have been some lingering issues from both the U17 deployment and our recent billing system migration. Fixes for the major issues introduced with these changes are being readied now and hopefully will get deployed as soon as tomorrow. So birthday gifts and missing monk outfits will hopefully be fixed tomorrow (look for an official announcement soon). We would have gotten this out sooner, but we have a fix for some new causes of server lag and disconnects that will be part of that patch also and that needed some extra bake time.

We know also that there are significant bugs that have been in the game a lot longer – particularly some remaining issues in Epic Destinies. We have made some important fixes at the end of last year but we know there is still work left to do. Our plan is to prioritize the fixing of these issues alongside our bug fix time for the enhancements and other systems changes planned for the expansion. Thanks in advance to those of you who will help us try features on Lamannia in the coming months and identify the issues most in need of fixing. We are committed to gathering your feedback and working to ensure that we leave both Destinies and Enhancements in better shape by the time Shadowfell Conspiracy ships.

Last thing I wanted to respond to is the discussion on the VIP plan. We are always striving to offer a great value to our VIPs and we think of this as more than just getting access to new content. While our VIPs will continue to receive regular new content and features outside of expansions, we will also be adding other valuable benefits to the program. For example, we already have a change coming for the next patch (as a belated birthday present maybe) which will add 10% boost to all earned XP for VIP accounts. We can’t make every player always decide it is worthwhile to be a VIP, but we will continue to do what we can to make the program a good deal for our most ardent players. We will share more details on these changes as they are solidified.

Happy 7th birthday, DDO! Here is to 7 great years and many more to come.
    -Fernando.

So I see the 10% xp for VIP did not make it into the game

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBraveheart View Post
    So I see the 10% xp for VIP did not make it into the game
    Scheduled for next patch, it says. Since they termed the last thingy a "hotfix", we're still waiting. I'm sure it'll be here Soon (insert trademark or other things at your pleasure).
    It's definitely an N-word.

Talking

This is Great news!! I was looking a Neverwinter and from post over there. Learn it was 4th Ed. So was very sad. But people over there talked about DDO and it was 3rd and make a FR underdark exp. I play LOTRO for 2 years but never tried DDO because it is in Eberron. But tried it 3 days ago love wish I could start on the Realms. I got VIP and got the Underdark greatest idea ever wish I new about abit ago. Now you are doing Realms you got a new player that will be here for years. Dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturus View Post
    This is Great news!! I was looking a Neverwinter and from post over there. Learn it was 4th Ed. So was very sad. But people over there talked about DDO and it was 3rd and make a FR underdark exp. I play LOTRO for 2 years but never tried DDO because it is in Eberron. But tried it 3 days ago love wish I could start on the Realms. I got VIP and got the Underdark greatest idea ever wish I new about abit ago. Now you are doing Realms you got a new player that will be here for years. Dream come true.
    Well welcome! Please note that objects on forums appear darker than in game

There are actually some great settings in Eberron, but if you are from the West Coast Rapper scene, er I mean FR, then it is there for you as well.

i play ddo because ive spent a lot of time on it and enough money that i dont want to jsut hands down quit, also i have a lot of friends that i only interact with over ddo (thought we might move to another game, which wont happen soon enough imo) so that is another reason i keep playing

that said i dont like the direction the game is taking, i dont like the lack of quality, and the experiences i have had and witnessed regarding customer service seem just shocking, this new expansion makes me /cry+/doom

if you play the game, im assuming you are having fun doing it because you wouldnt do it if you werent getting something you liked out of it, unless you are in a north korean prison camp and they actually are forcing you to play it, in which case we can add that cruel and unusual punishment to the list of reasons why we dont like those doods, so if there really is no positive reason for you to be playing it, cancel your sub, get off the forums, and do something else, and if you cant like me, you need an intervention (this does include me)

as far as vips/premiums/f2p and money grabbing and all that...
    the way our world works is that if you want something, you give the person who has it something that you have
    so turbine has ddo, and you have money
    so if you dont want to pay for new/more ddo, i guess you dont want it

also this is clearly just my opinion but... to all those who are wholeheartedly supporting this new stuff:
    are you sure you are allowed to be smoking that?
    and where can i get some?
    all statements/views/opinions/"facts"/and etc. expressed by me in my posts are subject to the bias of myself and my experiences, take them with a grain of salt. if you cannot email me at getoverit12345@youbum.com
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=268368 i <3 this

Default Just my opinion

Wile being a premium player I don't agree that this should be a paid expansion for the only reason that this is taking place in the forgotten realms Cormyr area. In other mmos an expansion is a whole different area, this seems to be an add on to an existing area. If you are vip and I am sure it will be a paid expansion all I can say is come join the rest of us as premium. XD I for one will now be pre-ordering any more content. I honestly don't care if I miss out on a bunch of small goodies. You have a test server that dose not seem to operate effectively, one of two things seems to happen. The first being that people report a lot bugs and it seems to be working good enough for you (not always to us) so you don't bother to do anything to fix it or everything then, or when you do bring the content/update live to the other servers something goes wrong. (this seems to not happen as often thankfully) With this in mind I don't agree with a new expansion yet, like many other people I would like some bugs fixed first. I will also not be buying any more new content because it is often very buggy on release. When you have it working well then I will look into it.

It is way to soon for a lvl increase, lfms seem to be too spread out already. With this you will not be able to get into groups with the current xp penalty system in place. If the plan is to eventually get to the 10 epic lvl 10 destinies I would recommend changing the xp system. The 3 extra lvls dose not really mean much in terms of char power, it all comes from epic destinies. Now speaking of an epic tr? So do you need it to get the feat so there is even more grinding to get the completionest feat, in addition to the feat you already have in place, or a way to get the feat without having to start at lvl 1 each time? No matter how this question is answered your still going to have people doing a epic tr, this is further lowering the amount of people in lvls 1-20 that is already spread a bit thin as is. Soon you will have those that still tr accepted the fact of what it is and just run through the things they can solo to get to 20 and newer players that join the game. (this normally dose not seem to happen rapidly). Thinning out lfms even more. This to me isn't very social and the game isn't really supporting social behavior imo either.

As far as the lvl 15 starting characters go, I am sure you will make money with this and good for you. On the other hand look at what the stone of experience did. You had lvl 16 new players running around with sub par gear not even sure how to play there toons exactly, where to go, what to do, or what to expect. This was a big enough problem that guides were put out on forums. Having an option for new players to start at lvl 15 all the time dose not seem like a good idea to me.

Edit:
    As far as the enhancments goes, all I will ask is that you don't kill off multiclass builds. This is one of the things that makes ddo unique from other mmos. With the previous new enhancment system you did just that, you weakend multiclass builds to a point to where if you didn't have 20 lvls of the same class you just gimped yourself for end game. I ask once again, please do not kill off multiclass builds.

Lastly happy belated birthday ddo (sorry not much of a forum person I normally view threads a lot latter then most) XD
    Last edited by Lunavera0351; 03-11-2013 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Adding a topic I forgot

Community Member

Look at how expansive Stormreach is. Then contrast that with how little content is in Ebberon. I get that other MMO's charge for expansion packs but they give lots of content and improve and add to them. Now we are going to be charged for add ons that were to be included but are now so-called expansion packs? Other MMO's do NOT do that! Will there at least be content exclusive to VIPs? At least consider offering VIPs significantly reduced pricing. We deserve as much for our loyalty to the game and paying for the content that many enjoy for free or for a few dollars here and there.

Please fix the frequent crashes and lag! These are major and long term issues in this game. Update after update the same issues are still there. It was NEVER so bad until after freeplay was introduced.

Community Member

Default Please

...do not create a new enhancement system that discourages or makes multi-class builds undesirable. If I wanted pathed character development, I would play world of warcraft. Do not take away the thing that sets this game apart from the others. I have been here longer than most developers, but making my favorite build unplayable will make me stop playing the game all together. I know you have heard this before from others, going all the way back to restricting evasion to light armor types. I have been playing this same toon for several years now. I have always been a "VIP" player (before it was called that).
    Add features. Fix bugs. Add races classes and content. Stop trying to fundamentally change the game. If you really like chocolate chip cookies, you don't want to open the pack one day and find marshmallow crèmes.
    Valiant Accord

Default Lagfestivous :)

Quote Originally Posted by Acellon View Post
    Please fix the frequent crashes and lag! These are major and long term issues in this game. Update after update the same issues are still there. It was NEVER so bad until after freeplay was introduced.
    Actually... lag has been a demon that periodically gets better and worse since the game started. When Threnal was end game, the lag would get so bad out there you could literally jump above the trees and then die from the falling damage.

Turbine I believe periodically corrects it, then reintroduces it with either programming changes, network/server issues, and/or change in player population.

Right now it does seem to be bad again, and certainly is the elephant in the room that they are not being candid about addressing. (Cant really think they generally do).
    from here to there
    from there to here
    funny things are everywhere

http://www.theblackcompanyonline.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    i would like some thought put into reducing the TR grind. The high xp requirement belongs to an era of little content and the need to give people "something to do". With the introduction of a new type of TR on top of the recently added classes there will be enough to keep non-basement dwelling people busy for years. So how about dropping the crazy 4.38 million down to something less painful (and utterly boring) please? I loathe taking my top tier toons out of commission to do that grind.
    So, I dived into this without reading the rest of the thread but I do think this is spot on.

There is so much content you can level a first life without much repetition, even without the bravery bonus.

And the benefits of TR are totally overshadowed by epic destines.

I'd go with just dropping the xp penalties for subsequent lifes.

Those existing completionists may whinge that it cheapens the accolade. Who cares, you guys TR'ed so quickly with the massive xp load, now you can make ALL your toons completionist.

The way I play, I'll probably never have a completionist even with a drop in xp required (but I do buy TP to spend on mostly frivolous things, so I do support the game).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by moonprophet View Post
    ...do not create a new enhancement system that discourages or makes multi-class builds undesirable. If I wanted pathed character development, I would play world of warcraft. Do not take away the thing that sets this game apart from the others. I have been here longer than most developers, but making my favorite build unplayable will make me stop playing the game all together. I know you have heard this before from others, going all the way back to restricting evasion to light armor types. I have been playing this same toon for several years now. I have always been a "VIP" player (before it was called that).
    Add features. Fix bugs. Add races classes and content. Stop trying to fundamentally change the game. If you really like chocolate chip cookies, you don't want to open the pack one day and find marshmallow crèmes.
    And while I'm here, this also.

I love the complexity of the current system. It allows unexpected combinations that make awesome characters.

It makes having build threads a reasonable, even necessary, thing.

Don't change the system so that build threads become obsolete.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BSharp View Post
    Actually... lag has been a demon that periodically gets better and worse since the game started. When Threnal was end game, the lag would get so bad out there you could literally jump above the trees and then die from the falling damage.

Turbine I believe periodically corrects it, then reintroduces it with either programming changes, network/server issues, and/or change in player population.

Right now it does seem to be bad again, and certainly is the elephant in the room that they are not being candid about addressing. (Cant really think they generally do).
    Conceded, there have been lag issues on and off since the beginning. I just haven't seen them for the extent and length that we have seen over the last few years. The lag issues are not as aggravating as the several system crashes a gaming session that I and many others have been experiencing the last couple of years. Nothing else makes my system crash, just DDO.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast