Cool "Newbie Night" on Cannith! (Wednesday, February 27th, 8:00 PM Central)

Newbie Night will officially begin on Wednesday, February 27th, at 8:00 PM Central. I plan to have Newbie Night go on every following Wednesday at the same time.

Newbie Night is open to the public and a LFG will be made if needed. If you are a new player, returning player, or a patient vet who wants to enjoy a relaxing stroll through dungeons, this event is for you.

I'll pretty much be taking the first five who either reply to this thread or hit up the LFG. If in the event more than a group's worth is interested at a time, I will need to split my time as fairly as I can. This would mean running a few quests with the initial group then recreating a new group with those who have been waiting and so on. If for some reason I should have more folks waiting than I have time to invest, they will get priority spots for the following week's event.

Quest difficulty will be dependent on party composition and party comfort level. Loot rules will be "your loot is your loot," but passing needed loot to your fellow party members is very much encouraged. Zerging or griefing is not permitted and will not be tolerated. The purpose is for folks to learn the quests and how to work with each other in a group setting in a pressure-free environment while having fun.

Levels and locations will vary, but I would like to stick to lower level and mid level content for now.

Since I will be hosting this event every week, please feel free to look for me in-game in any of my guises if you should have any questions, suggestions, or interest. Or you can just post here.

Nuxava - Level 22 Elf Rogue (Assassin/Shadowdancer)
    Xyrhakah - Level 18 Elf Wizard (Pale Master)
    Nuxvymyka - Level 14 Drow Sorcerer (Air Savant)
    Jyssana - Level 11 Elf Favored Soul (Angel of Vengeance)
    Zyraxa - Level 11 Drow Cleric (Radiant Servant)
    Vyvana - Level 10 Drow Bard (Virtuoso)
    Eluvereth - Level 8 Drow Druid (Season's Herald)
    Nuxania - Level 6 Elf Ranger (Arcane Archer)
    Nuxaja - Level 4 Drow Sorcerer (permanently at Level 4 to assist new players or alts)
    The Blue Queen - Shadow Warriors - Cannith

www.twitch.tv/thebluequeen

As is my tradition to post event highlights, here is the brief for "Newbie Night."

My first Newbie Night had a pretty decent turnout and I was able to meet quite a few nice folks.

I made the decision to target the Level 2-5 range and was itching to go to the Waterworks. My permanently Level 4 Sorcerer (Nuxaja) was employed to run this event.

The night kicked off with a trip through the Waterworks quest chain on Hard per the party's comfort level. We had a full group consisting of a mixed bag of newbies, vets, and some who were in between. I took the first five who applied to the LFG and off we went, without a healer type person. I kept folks healed up by way of UMD when needed to help save them on spell points and resources. Folks worked together for the most part and I had a great time.

Our second destination was the two quests in the Cerulean Hills on Elite. Two of the previous members of the Waterworks group (I think they were patient vets) remained and we were later joined by another player while we were in progress. We opted to make use of cleric hirelings as we had no healers among us and my UMD wanding was not reliable enough for battle healing on Elite. Another great run and I found myself smiling quite a bit.

The two suspected vets needed to head out, so I opted to take on a private lesson with the remaining party member who was a newbie. It was decided to head to Waterworks and if memory serves, my Fighter friend opted for Hard setting. I decided to spawn a cleric hireling since they were already ticking on the clock. A fun-filled run rich in discussions about PnP D&D in between smacking kobolds. It seemed my party-mate enjoyed the experience as much as I did.

My last run of the evening was yet another private lesson with a newbie Cleric looking to learn some quests. We opted to duo without hires as he wanted to practice healing. We started off with running through Durk's in the hopes of a Muckbane. Not only did Muck spawn but it had the Muckbane in the chest. Next run was Garrison's Missing Pack which ran very smooth. After, I suggested we head to Shan-To-Kor as I strongly believe every new player should experience that place at least once (Fire room, anyone?). I gave my Cleric friend a guest pass and away we went to Shan-To-Kor followed by the Sacred Helm, both on Hard per my recommendation.

A few things I would like to note here about this gentleman Cleric. I honestly never knew that a certain gate could just be opened without the lever until this kind Cleric pointed it out. Goes to show that there is always room to learn something new no matter how long you have been playing this game. He also saved my bacon when I was incapped by a large amount of enemies despite my coming prepared (Thanks for the save!). Lastly, this wonderful Cleric did a rather impressive dance through the fire room without taking a single point of damage. Well done!

Many thanks to everyone who attended this event and provided me with a very enjoyable DDO session. Thank you, Cannith, for continuing to reinforce the reason I call this server home!
    The Blue Queen - Shadow Warriors - Cannith

www.twitch.tv/thebluequeen