Thread: Psionic Warrior

Default Psionic Warrior

Hi,

Just out of curiosity I posted this under classes (general) but since I did like the reactions on it I decided to shift it to suggestions.

The idea is that psionic classes in ddo.
    For my in particular psionic warrior.

previous thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=408609

Community Member

Functionally, how would this work differently from, say, Monk, or existing caster classes?

Its one thing to have it in PnP version...but when you translate them to an MMO, they have to give you some novel playstyle within the MMO's mechanics, or they'd just be a reskin of an existing class. In terms of MMO archetype roles - melee damage, caster damage, ranged damage, CC, stealth/traps/utility, buffs, and debuffs - what role would they serve that's not already served by another class?

New classes are always nice imo, just a problem for completionists xD but anyways

never played one in pnp, but reading the srd looks like it is a fighter with "spells" right?

the power list is pretty nice, some interesting stuff like:

Claws of the Beast: Your hands become deadly claws.
    Body Equilibrium: You can walk on nonsolid surfaces.
    Dimension Swap: You and an ally switch positions. (it would never be implemented... but hell it would be fun xD)
    Vampiric Blade: You heal half of your base weapon damage.

and a lot of other nice stuff.

If i got it right at lvl 20 for example you can have 20 powers up to 6th level powers. So you can have all lvls 1 and 2 for example?

If it is like that could be interesting... each level you pick a new power, and maybe let people swap a power each 3 days like they handle sorc, fvs and bards spells.

Also do the powers require a concentration check?

I think the ddo translation would not be that much of a problem, basicaly the power system is like what we have for sorcs already in game. The problem here would be to define which powers are in or out... but some of them overlap with existing spells...

so yes, i would love to see it added to the game.

to answer at both replies at once:

I would suppose they indeed need to adjust the character to let it fit in DDO but that is been done with the other classes as well (some to lesser and some to greater extend). Second it would be indeed a fighter with some combat specific spells. you are indeed free to not choose any sixth level and all first and second levels (advantage there is you would have beter power point control, which is low for a psionic warrior) and yes concentration check for manifesting them (some at least)

but ingame they don't switch powers I would say that seems more fair.

also sarlona is normally a "psionic country" so it could fit in nicely in future campaigns maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Silken-Akira View Post
    also sarlona is normally a "psionic country" so it could fit in nicely in future campaigns maybe.
    I still want to see more Ebberron centric races such as the kalashtar... I had hoped that the mournland be epic end content. Magic deadzones and such
    Daishado

"drink triple ... see double ... act single! uh oh wife aggro" *hides*