Community Member

Default Update 17 and t3 alchemicals

The patch notes say you can put your old epic items in the epic altar with 50 Siberys shards to wipe it (clear stone of change rituals and any filled red/blue/yellow slots, etc.) and it replaces your epic item with one that uses the new slots. Anyone know if you can do this with tier 3 alchemicals? I dont' really want to risk one just to use that red slot if it might hurt my t3.
    Sarlona: Lyraa and Bazer

Community Member

I just updated my epic red dragon helm and it gave me an essence which turned into the new red dragon helm. That makes me think it won't work on a t3 alchemical, even though the red slot on the alchemical says to try it.

Feather confirmed that he tested this (I raised on Lama that Alchemicals were created differently to other epic items and so might have an issue).

However, I would be VERY careful if you have a +7 slotted. As the +7 removes the existing +6, there is a real chance that the cleansing ritual might not restore the +6.

If you have a crystal that isn't +7, I'd be confident this will work. If you have a +7 crystal, copy your character to Lamannia, and do the cleansing there to test what happens.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

It worked fine on lamannia. And no I didn't have +7. I went from the old empty red slot to the new empty red slot on both my T3s with no other side effects other than the expected loss of my stone of change adamantine hardening rituals.

Thank you for the suggestion.