Thread: Negative levels

Community Member

Default Negative levels

I was farming in Orchard and the negative level thing was getting really annoying, so I was trying to find an item that would protect me against that. I looked at the wiki and it said Deathblock didn't do that - is that true? I also couldn't find any scrolls or wands of Death Ward, which is what wiki said was the only thing that stopped it.

Anyone know of an item I can get that would be good for this?

Community Member

You need to farm up a few pairs of Visor of the Flesh Render Guards from the Splinterskull chain.

Visor the Flesh Render Guards is an end reward from the Tangleroot Gorge quest series, and gives you 7 minutes of death ward per item per shrine.

There are also several divine hirelings that can cast it on you, although I don't remember the lowest level at which you can use one of them that has it.

Community Member

ugh, that'll take awhile I think.

Thanks for the info.

Community Member

Looks like the hireling I can get is a 13 Favored Soul. Unfortunately, I'm only 12, so maybe I should just wait for that. :P

Silver Flame necklaces of various levels will soak up a few level drains. Any item with negative energy absorption charges (not the ones with a constant 20%) will do the same.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

Another option is the silver flame talisman. It is a necklace you can get through the necropolis chains, the upgraded versions have negative energy absorption, which will absorb all negative energy attacks.

Wf, undead hunter pallies and necro's are immune.

Best bet is prolly to just go with a full group that includes someone to hardcast deathward.

mantle of the worldshaper from Threnal and the new jeweled cloak from GH. i forget which walk up it dropped for me from.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madae View Post
    ugh, that'll take awhile I think.

Thanks for the info.
    They drop like candy as the end reward for Tangleroot chain. House P favor is some of the best in the game anyway, so might as well go back and run it. Also, tons of purple mushrooms in that chain, so you can get some Fragrant Drowshoods while you're in there.

Community Member

seriously you started back in 06 and are still being annoyed by neg lvls, and even expect there to be an item to make you fully immune? and people wonder why this game has such a **** rep when people who should really know better are as clueless as a barmy berk of a cutter on his first day wondering around the cage.

Axe of Famine will produce a Greater Restoration effect on vorpal strikes.