Community Member

Default New Epic Gianthold is awesome

Within the 1st 5 mins. i saw a treasure chest sitting all alone. OOOPS

*Dragon Laughs* "Its Drow for Supper'

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Character. Alivef 1 x heroic completionist (+a few more pl's) 1 x epic completionist, and some iconic and racial pl's
    Server Thelanis

I hear dragon's love panther jerky.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Niiice screenie!

Yeah I'm a fan of epic Gianthold. Just seeing all the giants around in the revamped gianthold common area was cool, but Turbine definitely came through making the explorer area seem like a realm inhabited by giants.

The dragons are icing on the cake! Love watching them fly by as you run around. It really makes the area a lot more exciting and fun to play for me.

Community Member

Its a shame i didn't take a hotbar clear screen shot but i was so busy trying to stay alive and vainly kill the dragon. Then i gave up and just wanted a picture of the action and this was the best.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Character. Alivef 1 x heroic completionist (+a few more pl's) 1 x epic completionist, and some iconic and racial pl's
    Server Thelanis

Thumbs up

It IS awesome. Turbine really outdid themselves this time. Sure there are bugs and glitches and anger-provoking nerfs and whatnot, that goes without saying with any update... But the content itself is just plain AWESOME.

GH was my favourite pack before the update, eGH is even more favouriter.
    Love the Dragons, love the random encounters, love love love the Voice Acting, love the story... Really guys, whoever worked on this even a little bit deserves a medal. Two medals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Community Member

Am I the only one who is disapointed there is still a lack of giantesses in GH. It's like a huge sausage fest, I gotta wonder how they breed? XD

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default epic gh

I think they did a great job with Epic GH! I hope they are working on Epic versions of Meridia and Amrath. Very Exciting!
    Last edited by Battlehawke; 02-26-2013 at 09:53 AM.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Community Manager

Thanks!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

The dragon encounters are some of the coolest features in this game. Every single time I think to myself, "Holy **** I'm fighting a freaking dragon!!"

Well done Turbine, you've put the Dragon back in DDO. Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post

GH was my favourite pack before the update, eGH is even more favouriter.
    Love the Dragons, love the random encounters, love love love the Voice Acting, love the story... Really guys, whoever worked on this even a little bit deserves a medal. Two medals.
    I used to find Gianthold a bit boring since I was fighting more hobgoblins, trolls, orcs, and minotaurs than giants. Heck the only time you even get to fight giants (living ones) in a quest is Tor!

Now the place is rampant with giants. I wish they had added some giant bosses to the epic quests, but the explorer area is amazing enough that it makes up for it.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

The dragons know...adventurers will always fall for the suspiciously placed lone chest tactic. Lunch!
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I used to find Gianthold a bit boring since I was fighting more hobgoblins, trolls, orcs, and minotaurs than giants. Heck the only time you even get to fight giants (living ones) in a quest is Tor!

Now the place is rampant with giants. I wish they had added some giant bosses to the epic quests, but the explorer area is amazing enough that it makes up for it.
    Yeah, but few of the existing quests are designed to accommodate giants. Would make that hard...

I love the revamped explorer area. They did a fabulous job with that. It *feels* epic out there. Much kudos there.

I was disappointing with the quests themselves... at least some of them. Fighting level 24 Orcs and Hobgoblins is less epic. But overall I've been very pleased and have been enjoying it immensely.
    Bogenbroom's legion... 102 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I avoided GH like a plague because it seemed too much hassle for the worth. Now, it is worth going and playing twice at least. So I love the new changes and hope to see this treatment in other areas as well.

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

lv15 Group stumbled across something interesting yesterday in GH....

and we toasted it!

GH rocks.

I will agree that the changes to the wilderness area, and more dragons, is a good thing.

Talking

have over 1500 slayer so far love epic GH