Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    #2: All Epic Items from the Spinner of Shadows quest chain.
    I have already reset 2 Epic Envenomed Blades to jam some rubies into their augment holes, so it's not all of them.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Thanks for finding this!

Looking into the issue, here are the items that are missing "Cleansing Ritual" recipes:

#1: Alchemical Handwraps
    #2: All Epic Items from the Spinner of Shadows quest chain.

Cleansing Ritual recipes for these items appear to have never existed. They were not made when the items were first introduced.

A player on the Lamannia preview server caught that the Cannith Raid alchemical items did not have Cleansing Ritual recipes, and we were able to add them in- but we completely missed Handwraps while doing so.
    You all have my apologies as to that!

We are currently targeting Update 18 as the milestone to add Cleansing Ritual recipes to the Altar of Epic Rituals to allow players to update old Alchemical Handwraps and Spinner of Shadows epic items.
    Unless you plan on releasing u18 very quickly, you might want to target u17 patch 1 or so instead, normal timing between updates is 3 months or more and that seems a long time to leave people with these items in a bugged state.

So update 18 came and went and the Epic Flame Ward still returns an error
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    So update 18 came and went and the Epic Flame Ward still returns an error
    You write that like you were surprised.

You really need to find a way for the uncleansed version to benefit the players somehow, in a way the cleansed version doesn't. Next time you log in you should find the cleansed version has magically appeared in your inventory
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    You write that like you were surprised.
    I was surprised to find my old thread. But then my dry witty sense of crappy humor kicked in and I just had to post.

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    You really need to find a way for the uncleansed version to benefit the players somehow, in a way the cleansed version doesn't. Next time you log in you should find the cleansed version has magically appeared in your inventory
    Yeah, best way to get this fixed is to start a new thread entitled "ZOMG! Use this uncleansed Epic Flameward exploit quickly before they nerf it!!!"
    ͡ᵢᵥ
    ֖ ֥ You have angered many opponents, and your enemies have been alerted to the presence of your trolling.
     ͜‴

Feather where is my cleaning ritual?

Default 4 Months

It's been over 4 months and I still can't cleanse mine very frustrated
    Per the Title, the Epic Flameward cannot be cleansed at the Epic Alter using the new cleansing ritual process

From the release notes:
    To convert an old Epic item to use the new slots, place the item you would like to convert into the Altar of Epic Rituals along with 50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments. This performs the “Cleansing Ritual”, which updates items to the new Augment Slots.
    This converts the augment slots on the item to the new system. They retain their colors and can accept the new augments, but can no longer use Epic Augment Crystals from before Update 17. This process will remove all currently slotted Epic Augments in the item, and may also remove other modifications, such as Armor Appearance Kits and Stone of Change recipes.

I followed this process as described in the notes and was given an error on 3 attempts.

Here is a preemptive: Still cant update my Epic Flameward even after update 19.
    Last edited by Atremus; 08-14-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Here is a preemptive: Still cant update my Epic Flameward even after update 19.
    It is like I could see the future or something. Not even an Expansion will fix this.

It is like I could see the future or something. Not even an Expansion will fix this.
    Be careful what you wish for - the way things are right now, they could add the Cleansing ritual, but it would bump the ML to 32...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Wonder if it is just easier to farrm the whole set of ingredients again. Should take about a year and still be faster than bumping this thread every 3 or 4 months

Update 20 predictions anyone?

Only 4 months awy from being a year old issue

Community Member

The dev's ban you for 1 day and log in to your account and delete it. Then say they have no idea what your talking about after they cube this thread.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default Bump -- for my fellow Oriener(yes I just made that up)

Bump -- for my fellow Oriener(yes I just made that up). FoS some communication/feedback/dialogue on a potential fix for this?

Asking nicely/sincerely/politely it would be greatly appreciated! Cheers! :P! ! ! Thanks in advance!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

We're unlikely to put in a update method for the pre-Update 17 version of this item to convert it to the new Augment system.

Unfortunately, in the scheme of things, it's a relatively unimportant issue. When we have time to budget for bug fixing, there's hundreds of other bugs that should be addressed before this one, because they impact a much larger number of players.

Sorry to deliver bad news.

We're unlikely to put in a update method for the pre-Update 17 version of this item to convert it to the new Augment system.

Unfortunately, in the scheme of things, it's a relatively unimportant issue. When we have time to budget for bug fixing, there's hundreds of other bugs that should be addressed before this one, because they impact a much larger number of players.

Thank you for the completely reasonable response. I would like to see it added to the known issues list.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

So you are telling us the ladder bug is more important?!! :P
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

What about a recipe for adding a red slot to alcemical hand wraps?

Translation: In the scope of creating code, creating a recipe literally probably takes 2 minutes, the code is there, copy paste, add new item code, old item code in place of what you copied, done. Then add 5-10 hours to 'Test' the code.. Than spend 40-75 hours fixing other code the new code broke... so your issue isn't worth the time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast