Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orien lag

Community Member

Default Orien lag

Ran the VoN flagging quests today. Got rubberbanding lag on von1 for about 2 minutes straight. While running von4, couldn't move at all for about 2 minutes, then could only move a couple paces every few seconds or so. Needless to say we didn't reach the blast door entirely because of this.

Community Member Sunarch_Kunari's Avatar

/loc

If you're in server i2049 or i2050, you're gonna have a bad time.
    Khorgain (Orien) - Nearc (Orien) - Sunarch (Khyber)
    Quote Originally Posted by danzig138 View Post
    I want a small planetary system orbiting around my cranium.
    Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Congratulations, you made a high priestess into a heretic - here's your XP.

Hero

Par for the course. Numerous threads brought up about this for more than a year.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Same Lag, Different Day.

This Sunday was particularly Lag-o-rific. Stay classy Turbine Servers
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Same Lag, Different Day.

This Sunday was particularly Lag-o-rific. Stay classy Turbine Servers
    Too true, though it was Saturday for us.

Doing the Tor preraid......within seconds of killing the white dragon, our group was hit with crippling lag. None of us were able to move for a little over 18 minutes (I was able to keep track because my spell duration timers were still ticking away towards zero). Voice continued to work, but typed chat took quite a while to show up. Now we were lucky in a sense because we had already fought the dragon; had it been during the fight we would of course have wiped due to the lag. I get that we were in Gianthold and that GH is extra popular and populated these days but still.... Didn't anyone consider the increase in people in that zone because of the new content and plan accordingly? If not, why not?

I don't know what the solution is. Wish I did. I think we're all accepting of a certain amount of lag in online gaming. But, to quote a Guildy, this is "Redonkulous."
    In an election, always vote for the candidate who likes big butts....because, you know, they cannot lie.

KCCO

The Hatchery

About getting crippling lag for several minutes: have someone from party force quit (end process through task manager) their DDO client. Sometimes, this will immediately clear up the lag.

And avoid i2049 like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMond63 View Post
    But, to quote a Guildy, this is "Redonkulous."
    If this lag gets any worse, my time here will be ogre.

Default House K... yah....

At about 9:15 PM EST, House K lagged so bad that I couldn't move at all. I decided to try to disconnect and reopen it, which was a mistake. It took literally about 15 minutes "cleaning up my old connection" to log back into the game.

As soon as I got in, i was able to log into my other toon just fine. Logged out, and tried to log back into the one that was in house K still. Process repeated, and now I'm stuck in a loading screen for house K.

Edit - 9:48 EST, Marketplace 2 is now lagging. it's following me
    Last edited by eden2760; 02-26-2013 at 01:40 PM.
    Orien Characters
    Kierkan - Bladeforged 12/6/2 Shiradi Favored Soul/Wizard/Monk| Dragonnbaito - Half-Elf Legendary Dreadnought 12 Monk/6 Paladin/2 Fighter

House K, Market, Necropolis are all horrific lag. And ship too.

Normally weekends are bad and weeknights ok, but man, not tonight...

House K... again... 3:45 PM EST.

Boy, that router (you know the thing that's not DDO, since it can't be DDO since it's clearly not a client issue) out in internet land somewhere sure is on the fritz!
    Orien Characters
    Kierkan - Bladeforged 12/6/2 Shiradi Favored Soul/Wizard/Monk| Dragonnbaito - Half-Elf Legendary Dreadnought 12 Monk/6 Paladin/2 Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzor View Post
    House K, Market, Necropolis are all horrific lag. And ship too.

Normally weekends are bad and weeknights ok, but man, not tonight...
    Yup, that's how it goes on a rig that is prone to lag issues, including harbor, house c, etc.
    (going into wayfinder for example, gives smooth play)

If you can't tweak performance any further consider getting a better vcard, need not be a pricy one.
    (e.g. radeon 63xx instead of 69xx or higher, mind the other usual optimizations still apply ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by donfilibuster View Post
    Yup, that's how it goes on a rig that is prone to lag issues, including harbor, house c, etc.
    (going into wayfinder for example, gives smooth play)

If you can't tweak performance any further consider getting a better vcard, need not be a pricy one.
    (e.g. radeon 63xx instead of 69xx or higher, mind the other usual optimizations still apply ofc)
    Pretty sure it's not me as several people in guild were complaining of lag starting/stopping at near-similar times to mine in other zones. People in my necro group were /death-ing to bypass house P.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    We would have gotten this out sooner, but we have a fix for some new causes of server lag and disconnects that will be part of that patch also and that needed some extra bake time.
    Oh, well. So much for this ^^ garbage.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzor View Post
    Pretty sure it's not me as several people in guild were complaining of lag starting/stopping at near-similar times to mine in other zones. People in my necro group were /death-ing to bypass house P.
    Lag stacks, so it'd look about the same wether it's you or the server.
    With all the overlap it's hard to tell if it's an occasional spike or it'd be a saturday night Orien kind of spike.

Players with better rig will last longer but at some point you can confirm via chat that the issue is widespread.
    Raid lag is trickier, the slower players will fall first and lead to wipes.

It's also suspected that lag is contagious, if one in the party has it then it slows the sync for everyone else.
    I used to cite big hat for this but it have since been found to be an actual crash spot so it doesn't count.
    The hint still applies: don't walk into a player running in place that is about to DC.

Community Member

Talking Server lag

CITW sunday evening... lagwipe. stutter,rubberband,no move or use anything. whole party.
    So performance issues are solved eh?

evening star public instance (i33) lagged out for all. 22:00 gmt.

logging for the records....

fix this stuff plz.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Community Member

ddo has no lagg
    Orien server: Forking, Completionist, life 21 of ???

Community Member

Well just got a better rig with windows 7. Seems better. Seems all the windows xp peeps r crashing and lagging.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    Well just got a better rig with windows 7. Seems better. Seems all the windows xp peeps r crashing and lagging.
    DDO has better performance on W7, but using an outdated OS is not the cause of most lag/crashing.

I use Windows 7. I have lag. I have crashes. My OS is not the issue.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Uber Completionist
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    DDO has better performance on W7, but using an outdated OS is not the cause of most lag/crashing.
    Bull... OS has little to nothing in affecting whether or not you are lagging. I have played this game on many different computers - from windows XP to windows 8 - laptops (windowsXP, win7, win8) and desktops (win7) - yes I'm a computer nerd with computers dating back to 1979.

I have seen lag on all of my computers at one time or another (well haven't really tested the win8 laptop other than as a crypt opener). The main machine I'm using right now is win7 i7 with nvidia geforce gtx470 and even when it was new I saw lag.

So saying outdated OS is just false hope cause upgrading won't help in getting rid of lag.
    Shalera Dagen - (Almost) Triple Completionist life 42 (+ ~30 epic) - it is too hard to keep track of the epic lives...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast