Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    If you already got them/used them, there won't be a second box for that character since they already had one.
    wrong

No boxes were repossessed. If you logged in in the middle of the delivery system shutting off, some characters had boxes and some did not yet since it was per character login, not per account.

Any characters who missed out will now have them. If you already got them/used them, there won't be a second box for that character since they already had one.
    Wasn't expected second one for the one or two characters that used it - but the rest who did have the boxes vanish from their backpacks?

(Repossessed was a joke - about kobolds and shiney's)

post script - the one character who I didn't think used his - did (found the flask in the bottom drawer of his bank - ready for next life)

I noticed on my characters that had boxes that disappeared then given back to them, the ress cakes were suddenly bound to character, while that had been previously bound to account.

Why the stealth change?
    Check out my new blog/website. I'm a gamer girl at heart and I'm here to stay

Quote Originally Posted by kittikatgurl View Post
    I noticed on my characters that had boxes that disappeared then given back to them, the ress cakes were suddenly bound to character, while that had been previously bound to account.

Why the stealth change?
    probably a long thought out and cleverly implemented conspiracy to stop people like you from using your rez cakes from mules on real characters...i'm sure this was high on their priority list.

Or considering Double Rainbow is just a clever name for Turbine's development principals, this could be an instance of the 7% chance anytime Turbine does anything something totally random will happen instead of or in addition to.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    this could be an instance of the 7% chance anytime Turbine does anything something totally random will happen instead of or in addition to.
    Hmmm... Seems legit, I'll buy that.

Is there a name for this phenomenon?

Community Member

I also have to question the change to the gift in the box. Some of the items were bta in the first round but now they have been changed to btc. I sincerely hope thats a bug and one you intend to fix because its a major difference - from "hey, great gift" to "duh, why do I want this stuff"?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    probably a long thought out and cleverly implemented conspiracy to stop people like you from using your rez cakes from mules on real characters...i'm sure this was high on their priority list.

Or considering Double Rainbow is just a clever name for Turbine's development principals, this could be an instance of the 7% chance anytime Turbine does anything something totally random will happen instead of or in addition to.
    I was fortunate enough to add my bound to account rez cakes from "The Box" to other previously acquired rez cakes and kept the pile in my shared bank and they all remained bound to account.

I also received 3 returned outfits in the mailbox for my main toon that were never missing as far as I can tell, all with qualities not worth keeping.

When I finished pulling the so called returned outfits from the mailbox, my Ascension Chamber timer was started for no reason and now I have to wait the 3 days to be off... and I was already off to begin with.

How's that for randomness?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Meretrix View Post
    wrong
    Yup, tolero is wrong.. One of my chars that used the bday box again get a new shiny bday box. 2 of my chars still have their bday box missing.

My main char as of now that lost his robes got tons of useless robes stack piled in the mailbox, none of them was the missing robes instead they are all the robes that I sold or decon.

Community Member

No boxes were repossessed. If you logged in in the middle of the delivery system shutting off, some characters had boxes and some did not yet since it was per character login, not per account.

Any characters who missed out will now have them. If you already got them/used them, there won't be a second box for that character since they already had one.
    well, 1 char of mine who used his box got a new shiny one, 2 of my chars that got their boxes disappeared still have missing boxes. heck on the rolling out of the boxes, i lost a bow of sinew being overwritten by the box, that maybe the reason why i got 2 on one of my char.

Community Member

So if you were quick and did your bitrthday box straight away you got good BTA things. If you were not able to get on in the small timeframe when the boxes were first avaialble you now get the meh BTC things. Sadness. And now I have to deal with my husband crowing because he had all his siberys cakes BTA and mine are not. No tot mention those that are bound to my bank toons.

But I guess it's the thought that counts...no, wait...

Thank you.

AJ

Community Member

I can beat you two boxers. A character of mine got 3! First, the regular when it was announced. I did a reincarnation the same day or day after and got another. With the restore of missing boxes, I got a third.

Of course, I had the problem of not really wanting any of the offered rewards from the first on. I've got enough purified shards, don't like using cakes (feels cheatish) and it's not on a character wanting SP pots. Heroism flask is a nice touch but nothing deal changing. Got enough clickys to last to shrines and with ship buffs it's less use anyway.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345