Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member UnderwearModel's Avatar

Default Yes, it is safe

Quote Originally Posted by Plantman81 View Post
    So, is it safe to open the boxes we already have? I'm going to wait for an answer to this before I open any b-day boxes.
    On Saturday, February 23, 2013, I had a birthday box in my inventory. I suppose I opened it on the first day and it is still there, Since I had all +3 tomes already, I probably decided to deal with it later.

Today was the day. I opened the box, selected a tome, and ran to the Cannith Crafter for nine Purified.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Monster AI tends to be a limitation of the engine - smart AIs cause more server lag. Boy am I going to get quoted on that or what.
    I survived the scary events in 2009, 2010, and 2011. 2011 did not reward those that played by the rules.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pape_27 View Post
    really? just because someone doesnt know how to or hasnt created something as complex as a video game they are qualified to critize the devs? Thats just plain stupid.
    Agreed.

As a consumer, someone certainly can assess how well the product meets reasonable expectations.

DDO is at best a moderately complex piece of software. The operating system that runs the computer on which you play DDO is far more complex, by several orders of magnitude. Its quite fortunate that the large number of people who played a role in crafting that operating system set a higher standard of excellence for themselves than the makers of DDO do.

DDO is just a game, and that is the excuse that far too many, who claim to have some professional software expertise, use to justify Turbine's complete lack of focus on quality. I would hate to see what kind of products those apologists craft for THEIR customers.

I have a question:

You say you're going to give the boxes to those who didn't receive them. Very well... now...

What about those who received them but had them DISAPPEAR after your hotfix?
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoondocksMike View Post
    im pretty sure that not a single person has ever said this in game, on the forums, or in real life, and probably never even thought it (im just that kind of genius) but maybe before anymore new stuff gets added the vast majority (not all, that would be stupendous but i dont believe its possible in the real world) of the bugs in the game should be fixed... weve been hearing about epic gh for a long time and weve been hearing about fixing sliding monsters for a long time if there was a poll to see which one players would rather have, which do you guys think would be the more popular choice? and what about money, do you dudes at turbine really think that more people will want to pay for new stuff that only half works or existing stuff that works nearly all the time? or do you pay 5 year olds to make these decisions?

its not really turbines fault though (imo), its the vip players who dont have the willpower to cancel their subs long enough to bring this game to the point where it has to change FOR THE BETTER or shut down
    that might sound scary but remember this is business, turbine wants to make money and if that means actually selling a product that isnt broken instead of not selling anything my guess is that they would go for it

but as it is people pay and turbine continues to either not care or not try very hard (if they did either i cant imagine there being this many bugs..)
    Well I have given up my vip status twice now and guess what they don't really care so just wait for them to fix it
    Guild-Death Becomes Us
    Motto-We Die Hard But we Don't Cry About It

Community Member UnderwearModel's Avatar

Default All my others disappeared

Quote Originally Posted by Aussir View Post
    I have a question:

You say you're going to give the boxes to those who didn't receive them. Very well... now...

That is why I was surprised to find one in my inventory today on a character.

Hopefully, everyone will get one again once they fix whatever was wrong in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Monster AI tends to be a limitation of the engine - smart AIs cause more server lag. Boy am I going to get quoted on that or what.
    I survived the scary events in 2009, 2010, and 2011. 2011 did not reward those that played by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderwearModel View Post
    I have a question:

That is why I was surprised to find one in my inventory today on a character.

Hopefully, everyone will get one again once they fix whatever was wrong in the first place.
    Hope so, as I can see on several characters the open spot in the inventory where it must have been, could it be that the ID of the birthday box share the ID with the outfits?
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Talking The Consortium behind missing boxes!

I have a question:

yeah - happened to everyone I know...

it was The Consortium..... yeah--- the culprits behind the missing airship amenities and the great kobold invasion / migration (to Delera's) of 2012....

http://my.ddo.com/tuckerby/ <--- read all about it there....

it was the Consortium who arranged for the kobolds to take your shiny!!

Yeah this really is laughably, deliciously ironic.

Similar with me.

I saw the birthday box on every toon I logged on with although I didn't log on to every toon I have. I used the box with one toon but every other toon that still had their box has lost it including the ones I didn't log onto in the first place.

Bleh...
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggss View Post
    Similar with me.

I saw the birthday box on every toon I logged on with although I didn't log on to every toon I have. I used the box with one toon but every other toon that still had their box has lost it including the ones I didn't log onto in the first place.

Bleh...
    pesky kobolds!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iann View Post
    Well Met!
    Do you have any idea how complicated this game is? The Graphics alone are mind boggling, the mirrors and surface reflections etc. Have you ever desingned anything this complicated? If not I don't think you are qualifed to critize. If people do as you suggest I doubt the game would survive. Without money coming in to pay the people who do the work there would be no game. I for one think the people at Turbine do a good job, its not perfect but what is? If you are seeking perfection you have a long journey before you and I doubt you will ever have much joy. Your sugestion would not make the game better it would destroy it and I for one do not like you even suggesting people do things to destroy this game. I think you sound like a whiner who complains about anything that doesn't go the way they like. Life is full of imperfections learn to live with it.
    I have no idea how to make wine, nor do i care, but i'm pretty sure the people who make wine, care about my opinion. Is this any different? I think not. We are professional consumers of a product and all our opinions are valid. Reasonable or Doable? well that's where some discretion is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Graedyn_Jaxx View Post
    I have no idea how to make wine, nor do i care, but i'm pretty sure the people who make wine, care about my opinion. Is this any different? I think not. We are professional consumers of a product and all our opinions are valid. Reasonable or Doable? well that's where some discretion is needed.
    Is that any different? Yes. It is. I feel like I've said this all before, but here goes again anyways.

Assuming youve no idea of how something is made and you then sample the product- You're very "qualified" to give an opinion on the product itself. What you are not "qualified" to do is to assert your opinion on how you think they should change the process to rectify the issue you have with the product.

Ie: If you think the wine tastes bad, sure, let them know "Hey, this wine tastes bad" Maybe even say why it tastes bad to you: "its too bitter for my tastes". What you are NOT "qualified" to do is go "hey, this wine is too bitter- And, while I know I have NO clue on how you, ya know, actually MAKE the wine, I think you should add some salt to the mix, that might help".

If you are ignorant on how something is made, your opinion on what they should "do" to fix it, is equally as ignorant. Savvy?

Community Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Silken-Akira View Post
    Thanks for keep working on the fixes and bugs.
    Looking at the latest weeks I guess it has been a real hard and stressfull time for you all.
    Also I do appreciate it a lot that you guys are open about the issues.

Ditto what Silken said, thanks for keeping us in the loop guys and for the effort you are putting in to fix the errors :0)

It always works out in the end and I'm loving all the new content!

Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Callanrae View Post
    Ditto what Silken said, thanks for keeping us in the loop guys and for the effort you are putting in to fix the errors :0)

It always works out in the end and I'm loving all the new content!

Keep up the good work
    +1
    /signed

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No action should be necessary on your part.
    "SHOULD" he worded it carefully for when they screw up
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

Community Member

Default Timers on Heroism Potion

I got a birthday box when they were first distributed and opened it and chose the permanent Heroism potion. When Crystal Cove preview was active, I began working on the permanent Mug of Rum healing clicky. I finished the first level of it. When I use it or the heroism potion, the timers for both start. Is this how it is meant to work? It doesn't make sense that two items with different abilities gained from different sources should be on the same timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrryl View Post
    I got a birthday box when they were first distributed and opened it and chose the permanent Heroism potion. When Crystal Cove preview was active, I began working on the permanent Mug of Rum healing clicky. I finished the first level of it. When I use it or the heroism potion, the timers for both start. Is this how it is meant to work? It doesn't make sense that two items with different abilities gained from different sources should be on the same timer.
    That's working as intended: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...67&postcount=4

Default You do not get my point

Quote Originally Posted by Pape_27 View Post
    really? just because someone doesnt know how to or hasnt created something as complex as a video game they are qualified to critize the devs? Thats just plain stupid.

Well met!
    Anyone may complain or critize to their heart's content. What I objected to was his suggesting people do something that would destroy the game. Ie if everyone stopped paying until every bug was fixed (the chance of this is nonexisistant) as he suggested, Turbine could not fix anything, they would shut down.

Talking

OMG!!! WAHHWAHHH! They had some minor issue with the birthday cakes last year, and gee, guess what happened?
    Yep they fixed it! So it took a couple weeks! I have seen people using those djinn cakes ever since! Im willing to bet that would include some if not all the posters to this thread. Cmon people, if this game annoys you so, go play another game...(not mentioning names) mabie one that has the bankroll and enormous staff to handle the bugs that seem to drive you all so crazy. I think this is a great game, the very small staff of people running it try hard. Im not just saying this I really think these guys do the best they can with what there is to work with. So, give them a couple weeks.....play the game, TR, defeat Lolth. Do SOMETHING instead of ragging.

Quote Originally Posted by auraaten View Post
    omg!!! Wahhwahhh! They had some minor issue with the birthday cakes last year, and gee, guess what happened?
    Yep they fixed it! So it took a couple weeks! I have seen people using those djinn cakes ever since! Im willing to bet that would include some if not all the posters to this thread. Cmon people, if this game annoys you so, go play another game...(not mentioning names) mabie one that has the bankroll and enormous staff to handle the bugs that seem to drive you all so crazy. I think this is a great game, the very small staff of people running it try hard. Im not just saying this i really think these guys do the best they can with what there is to work with. So, give them a couple weeks.....play the game, tr, defeat lolth. Do something instead of ragging.
    +1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast