Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iann View Post
    [...]Have you ever desingned anything this complicated? If not I don't think you are qualifed to critize.[...]
    So if I can't build my own car I'm not qualified to see faults in cars built by various car companies?

Quote Originally Posted by BoondocksMike View Post
    im pretty sure that not a single person has ever said this in game, on the forums, or in real life, and probably never even thought it (im just that kind of genius) but maybe before anymore new stuff gets added the vast majority (not all, that would be stupendous but i dont believe its possible in the real world) of the bugs in the game should be fixed...
    It may actually be impossible to fix all or most of the bugs. There is no such thing as completely bug-free software, I've seen people succesfully bug out that "Hello World!" sample program they give you when introducing you to a new programming language. No, I am not kidding.

Fixed *enough* to not cause egregious numbers of screaming fits is about what you should reasonably expect. And no harm in holding out for some Extra Free Stuff(tm) when you can.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

Quote Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post
    So if I can't build my own car I'm not qualified to see faults in cars built by various car companies?
    You can criticize--but that doesn't mean you have an idea of how bad a given issue is or how easy/not easy it might be to fix. So your priorities on what needs to be done first may or may not be useful.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buggss View Post
    If we have some toons that have received the box and some that haven't do we let someone know or just wait and see if it appears?
    "Wait and See" is how it is around here. You just wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by xveganrox View Post
    Oh good. I was just about to start a thread on this :P
    Precisely what I was about to type

Quote Originally Posted by Shoyang View Post
    I redeemed the gift box for a tome of dexterity, and then the when I try to read the tome it says my you already have this ability bonus... ok so now I have a tome that I can't sell, auction, trade or mail to another of my toons... is there a way to swap it with another?
    I got boxes on all 4 of my toons. NP GJ
    There is some kind of crafting thing you can turn it into thats about it I made the same mistake by misclicking for one of my characters and got a type of tome I had already used.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bjp050569 View Post
    My wife is having problems with outfits. She had three in her inventory that she uses with her monk, Saije. After the update, her character looked like she was wearing an outfit but, all of her outfits went missing. They were not in her inventory. I finally told her to go buy a three more outfits at the auction. She spent a little over 35,000 platinum. When she went to the mailbox to get them, there were no outfits, but she did recieve the letters with no attachments. Now she is out six outfits.

What does she do?
    Wait, don't tell me you fell for the ol' I have to buy more dresses, the ones I had aren't in my inventory ploy?!

would be nice if sovereign renown elixirs were added to the anniversary boxes =D

So, is it safe to open the boxes we already have? I'm going to wait for an answer to this before I open any b-day boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Plantman81 View Post
    So, is it safe to open the boxes we already have? I'm going to wait for an answer to this before I open any b-day boxes.
    I would suggest to open it quickly and get it out of your inventory just incase they um replace the um lost um ones.

I redeemed the gift box for a tome of dexterity, and then the when I try to read the tome it says my you already have this ability bonus... ok so now I have a tome that I can't sell, auction, trade or mail to another of my toons... is there a way to swap it with another?
    Oops! All you can do with a bound tome is trade it for purified dragonshard essences via the vender in the crafting hall. Or you could pawn it... I made that mistake ONCE myself

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post
    Again with the car analogies, what is it with you people? A computer program is nothing at all like a car. In a car, when you install a door handle, you know exactly what it can do, should do, and will do. If at any point in time it does not function like it should, there is a finite list of possible problems that could be the culprit. In a computer program, on the other hand, every single string of code that is entered into the program is actually reliant on other strings of code entered in the program to figure out how it works. So, that "door handle" could be used to open a door, roll down the window, start the AC, open the microwave, or, in some cases, launch the missiles. A little bit more complex there. Yeah, Turbine has issues with their code, and it would fantastic if it were to all be magically fixed some day. Realistically, there have been so many changes to this game, on both the code level and code writer level, that getting all, or even most, of the bugs truly "fixed" is highly unlikely to happen without them completely rebuilding the game from scratch.

Imagine if someone were building a sky scraper, except their blueprints were completely unlabeled. Now, every few years over the course of 7 years the entire build team on that sky scraper is completely changed out. The new guys have no idea what those squiggly lines actually mean. they can make a guess, and hope they are right, but sometimes they are wrong. Sometimes they are incredibly wrong, and you mushrooms that think they are doors, or something like that. Asking for, or expecting, a bug-free environment at this stage of the game is completely unrealistic. The best we can hope for is to not log in one day and find all of our stuff is gone. It sucks, but that is the reality of the game currently.

Quote Originally Posted by bjp050569 View Post
    My wife is having problems with outfits. ... She spent a little over 35,000 platinum. When she went to the mailbox to get them, there were no outfits, but she did recieve the letters with no attachments. Now she is out six outfits.
    Your wife wasted loads of money on outfits? I have that problem too, just IRL.
    ͡ᵢᵥ
    ֖ ֥ You have angered many opponents, and your enemies have been alerted to the presence of your trolling.
     ͜‴

Community Member ShotByBothSides's Avatar

I understand that missing outfits are hoping to be restored to us in the future, by mail I recall.

What about the outfit put in the Guild chest one day before the update? After the update I went to retrieve it (before we knew about the "bug"); the outfit showed up as an item in the list, but went "pooof" when I tried to take it.
    I am guessing outfits in Guild Chests may be lost forever, but here's hoping not.

Quote Originally Posted by Billoferous View Post
    "Wait and See" is how it is around here. You just wait and see...
    Wow, I keep saying people respond to posts without reading the thread, you didn't even look at the very next post. In case it's too hard even now I'll quote it for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No action should be necessary on your part.
    So it was such a silly question it got a fast dev response.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    At this time the 7th Birthday Box item is not being distributed to characters. We are working on a fix for this issue, and once the fix is in place birthday gift boxes will be sent out for characters who didn't yet receive one. We will announce once the boxes have returned. We apologize for the inconvenience!
    Leave it to turbine to not learn from the past! Next thing we know we are gonna see an emancipation proclamation decreeing halflings are real toons....

Community Member

Nope, there is not. You should always check which tomes you have used BEFORE purchasing one in any way.

Only thing you can do with it is destroy it or let it take up a spot in your inventory.

Default never been that d'oh

Well Met!
    Do you have any idea how complicated this game is? The Graphics alone are mind boggling, the mirrors and surface reflections etc. Have you ever desingned anything this complicated? If not I don't think you are qualifed to critize. If people do as you suggest I doubt the game would survive. Without money coming in to pay the people who do the work there would be no game. I for one think the people at Turbine do a good job, its not perfect but what is? If you are seeking perfection you have a long journey before you and I doubt you will ever have much joy. Your sugestion would not make the game better it would destroy it and I for one do not like you even suggesting people do things to destroy this game. I think you sound like a whiner who complains about anything that doesn't go the way they like. Life is full of imperfections learn to live with it.
    no i dont know really anything about coding, what i do know is that i have a job. and in that job i get paid to do something. and if i dont do it or if i do it wrong i dont get paid. catchin my drift boss?

also i agree with what the guy said about cars
    and with what the guy said about toally bug free stuff, thats why i said mostly if i thought human beings could achieve a perfect "thing" i would call myself an opimist, duh

though really what incentive is there for a less buggy ddo? people will still play it and people will still pay for it, and yes that includes me (the playing not the paying). but perhaps that is part of the problem...freemium = some people play some people mooch...maybe with all the moochers turbines profit margin is not high enough to warrant better performance

but for people like iann i am willing to admit that i am not involved in turbines business in any way other than as a customer so i dont actually KNOW...i am just thinking what seems reasonable to me...
    Last edited by BoondocksMike; 02-23-2013 at 06:08 AM.
    all statements/views/opinions/"facts"/and etc. expressed by me in my posts are subject to the bias of myself and my experiences, take them with a grain of salt. if you cannot email me at getoverit12345@youbum.com
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=268368 i <3 this

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    Again with the car analogies, what is it with you people? A computer program is nothing at all like a car....
    While I agree with the overall "gist" of your post- His analogy was relatively valid. He wasnt comparing coding to a car. He was comparing the implied authority to criticize a particular process based on the specific knowledge one has (or in this example, doesnt have) about how the process is done in the first place. His analogy wasnt simply comparing "a car". It was the process involved in building/engineering a car. Savvy?

Inability to build a car is irrelevant/different to the knowledge required in the first place to build a car (One can know "how" to build a car, but be unable to for a number of reasons. Yes I know, im being "anal" here- but keep with me for a moment). Qualified or not, youre very welcome to critique and see the faults in a car. What you are not qualified to do however, is offer educated suggestions involved in the process(es) of building said car, if you have no knowledge of what it takes to build a car in the first place. Jo-Shmo is very valid to point out "Son of a ****! The wheel fell off! Thats bad!". What he is not justified in asserting (without knowledge), is "why" it fell off, nor is he qualified to offer suggestions that can rectify the "issue". See the difference?

Community Member

Well Met!
    Do you have any idea how complicated this game is? The Graphics alone are mind boggling, the mirrors and surface reflections etc. Have you ever desingned anything this complicated? If not I don't think you are qualifed to critize.
    really? just because someone doesnt know how to or hasnt created something as complex as a video game they are qualified to critize the devs? Thats just plain stupid.
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast