Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Birthday Box Delivery Delay

UPDATE 2/28/13: The Birthday Box has returned. Characters who did not receive a Birthday Box should now have one in their inventory.

At this time the 7th Birthday Box item is not being distributed to characters. We are working on a fix for this issue, and once the fix is in place birthday gift boxes will be sent out for characters who didn't yet receive one. We will announce once the boxes have returned. We apologize for the inconvenience!
    Last edited by Cordovan; 02-28-2013 at 10:04 AM.

This seems familiar. ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

GREAT!!! now how about those free Tpoints, my regular points and some prompt help now that youve reset all my argo favor and it refuses to g up again and im raid flagged now.... oh wait... that will take a year right? what was i thinking!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    This seems familiar. ;P
    HAHAHA I was thinking the EXACT same thing, oh plz turbine send me more free boxes :P
    If you are reading this, that probably means I am broadcasting live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ZonixxTV

If we have some toons that have received the box and some that haven't do we let someone know or just wait and see if it appears?
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggss View Post
    If we have some toons that have received the box and some that haven't do we let someone know or just wait and see if it appears?
    No action should be necessary on your part.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Thanks for keep working on the fixes and bugs.
    Looking at the latest weeks I guess it has been a real hard and stressfull time for you all.
    Also I do appreciate it a lot that you guys are open about the issues.

Community Member

So, either I have some extraordinarily odd luck, or the "hotfix" ate a whole bunch of b-day boxes. Between u17 and the downtime this morning, I logged into 3 characters, all of which had their b-day box, and used said boxes on them. After seeing this thread, I decided to check my remaining characters, only to find that not a single one of them, 16 in total, had a b-day box. So, that leads me to believe that something in the "hotfix" today managed to eat the b-day boxes, perhaps in a similar fashion to how u17 ate random loot-gen outfits.

Default Hmmmm

So what exactly is the '7th Birthday Box item'?

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

WHEW! Glad I checked the forums before going off the deep end again
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Oh good. I was just about to start a thread on this :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsfire View Post
    So what exactly is the '7th Birthday Box item'?
    This.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

Unhappy Outfits

My wife is having problems with outfits. She had three in her inventory that she uses with her monk, Saije. After the update, her character looked like she was wearing an outfit but, all of her outfits went missing. They were not in her inventory. I finally told her to go buy a three more outfits at the auction. She spent a little over 35,000 platinum. When she went to the mailbox to get them, there were no outfits, but she did recieve the letters with no attachments. Now she is out six outfits.

What does she do?

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Tyvm! I was confused. Responses sounded like it was the whole box but Tolero's phrasing made me wonder whether it was a specific item from the box that was not being delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by bjp050569 View Post
    My wife is having problems with outfits. She had three in her inventory that she uses with her monk, Saije. After the update, her character looked like she was wearing an outfit but, all of her outfits went missing. They were not in her inventory. I finally told her to go buy a three more outfits at the auction. She spent a little over 35,000 platinum. When she went to the mailbox to get them, there were no outfits, but she did recieve the letters with no attachments. Now she is out six outfits.

What does she do?
    Just wait until they figure out how to fix it:

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    As stated in the known issues, the hotfix was to prevent it from happening to even more players. If you were already hit, we are still in the process of deploying a fix for those whose outfits were already affected. More info on this front as soon as we're ready to start re-outfitting folks!

im pretty sure that not a single person has ever said this in game, on the forums, or in real life, and probably never even thought it (im just that kind of genius) but maybe before anymore new stuff gets added the vast majority (not all, that would be stupendous but i dont believe its possible in the real world) of the bugs in the game should be fixed... weve been hearing about epic gh for a long time and weve been hearing about fixing sliding monsters for a long time if there was a poll to see which one players would rather have, which do you guys think would be the more popular choice? and what about money, do you dudes at turbine really think that more people will want to pay for new stuff that only half works or existing stuff that works nearly all the time? or do you pay 5 year olds to make these decisions?

its not really turbines fault though (imo), its the vip players who dont have the willpower to cancel their subs long enough to bring this game to the point where it has to change FOR THE BETTER or shut down
    that might sound scary but remember this is business, turbine wants to make money and if that means actually selling a product that isnt broken instead of not selling anything my guess is that they would go for it

but as it is people pay and turbine continues to either not care or not try very hard (if they did either i cant imagine there being this many bugs..)

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No action should be necessary on your part.
    Whether good or bad, thanks as usual for the clarification Cordovan.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Default Never been that mad

Quote Originally Posted by BoondocksMike View Post
    im pretty sure that not a single person has ever said this in game, on the forums, or in real life, and probably never even thought it (im just that kind of genius) but maybe before anymore new stuff gets added the vast majority (not all, that would be stupendous but i dont believe its possible in the real world) of the bugs in the game should be fixed... weve been hearing about epic gh for a long time and weve been hearing about fixing sliding monsters for a long time if there was a poll to see which one players would rather have, which do you guys think would be the more popular choice? and what about money, do you dudes at turbine really think that more people will want to pay for new stuff that only half works or existing stuff that works nearly all the time? or do you pay 5 year olds to make these decisions?

its not really turbines fault though (imo), its the vip players who dont have the willpower to cancel their subs long enough to bring this game to the point where it has to change FOR THE BETTER or shut down
    that might sound scary but remember this is business, turbine wants to make money and if that means actually selling a product that isnt broken instead of not selling anything my guess is that they would go for it

but as it is people pay and turbine continues to either not care or not try very hard (if they did either i cant imagine there being this many bugs..)
    Well Met!
    Do you have any idea how complicated this game is? The Graphics alone are mind boggling, the mirrors and surface reflections etc. Have you ever desingned anything this complicated? If not I don't think you are qualifed to critize. If people do as you suggest I doubt the game would survive. Without money coming in to pay the people who do the work there would be no game. I for one think the people at Turbine do a good job, its not perfect but what is? If you are seeking perfection you have a long journey before you and I doubt you will ever have much joy. Your sugestion would not make the game better it would destroy it and I for one do not like you even suggesting people do things to destroy this game. I think you sound like a whiner who complains about anything that doesn't go the way they like. Life is full of imperfections learn to live with it.

In the state of delusion, the county of denial, the city of decimation.

Default gift box redemption

I redeemed the gift box for a tome of dexterity, and then the when I try to read the tome it says my you already have this ability bonus... ok so now I have a tome that I can't sell, auction, trade or mail to another of my toons... is there a way to swap it with another?
    I got boxes on all 4 of my toons. NP GJ
    Last edited by Shoyang; 02-21-2013 at 09:08 PM.

I have this problem with all my characters across all servers except 1 character (on Ghallanda). This includes new ones, veteran starting ones, and ones from 7 yrs ago.

Weird.
    Last edited by THAC0; 02-21-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast