Default Persuasion a prefix, sufix, or both?

I crafted a proof against disease ring of persuasion but when I tried to craft a proof against poison ring of persuasion it wouldnt let me, saying the ring already had 1 prefix.

Is this bugged?
    meh.

Persuasion is definitely a suffix. I have noticed the order of application sometimes makes a difference with shards that used to be suffixes and were changed to prefixes in U14. I have taken to crafting potential -> suffix -> prefix -> enhancement. I've no evidence that is makes any difference whatsoever, but it seems to work correctly that way every time.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    I have taken to crafting potential -> suffix -> prefix -> enhancement. I've no evidence that is makes any difference whatsoever, but it seems to work correctly that way every time.
    I've always done it that way for the OCD reason that it lists the item enchantment in the "correct" order in the item description.

its a suffix and it go very well with bonus to charisma.
    +6 charismatic of persuasion is a good general bonus to charisma based skills and i think it stack with bonuses to specific skills.
    lets say a +10 intimi ring and an item of +6 CHA of persuasion should give a total of +16 to intimi (but i'm not 100% sure >.<)

Sharp sword, short temper, any questions?
    I'm The Doctor so basically.. Run!

Quote Originally Posted by NarakuSama View Post
    its a suffix and it go very well with bonus to charisma.
    +6 charismatic of persuasion is a good general bonus to charisma based skills and i think it stack with bonuses to specific skills.
    lets say a +10 intimi ring and an item of +6 CHA of persuasion should give a total of +16 to intimi (but i'm not 100% sure >.<)
    It doesn't stack.

Essentially, persuasion only gives +3 UMD.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    It doesn't stack.

Essentially, persuasion only gives +3 UMD.
    I believe he/she is adding the total for intimidate, so +10 itim, +6 Cha (+3 Cha skills) and persuasion should add +16 Itim total.
    Agro - Paryan, Pary, Parrii, Parriahh
    Bringers of Darkness

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Paryan View Post
    I believe he/she is adding the total for intimidate, so +10 itim, +6 Cha (+3 Cha skills) and persuasion should add +16 Itim total.
    But persuasion is a competence bonus, just like normal +skill items. Therefore they should not stack.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    But persuasion is a competence bonus, just like normal +skill items. Therefore they should not stack.
    the +6 charisma [or any other stat] is enhancment for the purpose of checking how much the stat increse but the bonus it give to stat related skills is stat bonus, persuasion is competence, therefore it does stack.

lets take Cannith Boots of Propulsion, it give +10 enhancment on jump +5 competence on jump, thus a total of +15 on jump.

and yes by checking a +6 charisma ring of persuasion on myself with other item that give bonus to CHA based skill, the skill incresed as i calculated now

the +6 charisma [or any other stat] is enhancment for the purpose of checking how much the stat increse but the bonus it give to stat related skills is stat bonus, persuasion is competence, therefore it does stack.

lets take Cannith Boots of Propulsion, it give +10 enhancment on jump +5 competence on jump, thus a total of +15 on jump.

and yes by checking a +6 charisma ring of persuasion on myself with other item that give bonus to CHA based skill, the skill incresed as i calculated now
    There is a bit of talking at cross purposes going on. Persuasion will stack with the stat bonus. However, Dandonk was pointing out that persuasion, +6 chr and +10 intim (on more than one item) will not stack to +16 becuase the intim and persuasion do not stack (both are competence bonuses)
    Last edited by lronEnema; 02-25-2013 at 11:38 AM.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by lronEnema View Post
    There is a bit of talking at cross purposes going on. Persuasion will stack with the stat bonus. However, Dandonk was pointing out that persuasion, +6 chr and +10 intim (on more than one item) will not stack to +16 becuase the intim and persuasion do not stack (both are competence bonuses)
    Yes. This.
    It's definitely an N-word.

>_<" ...
    uumm... as far as i remember it used to be enhancment.. did they change that?

>_<" ...
    uumm... as far as i remember it used to be enhancment.. did they change that?
    Persuasion has never stacked with skills. This has made it always a umd-only (essentially) effect.