Default 2 rogue / 18 druid

All I want out of rogue is evasion and the extra skill points, otherwise it's druid all the way, but is it worth weakening my wolf for that? Is there any hidden pitfalls to that?
    For those about to die, we shall loot you!

Community Member

Assuming you can get the reflex save up to make evasion useful no, i think it'd actually be a slight sneak attack increase. Something like 1d6 and a potential +3 from enhancements. You might lose out on a few spell DCs that involve druid level though.

Thanks smeggy, I'm more of a bear kinda guy so the sneak attack means nothing to me.

if its just evasion, monk is better.

if you are referring to weakening your pet wolf?
    it hurts to say, but i have found that the pets loose alot of usability and become a problem arround lvl 20
    they don't have epic levels, or EDs, so they don't progress.
    when you are doing lvl 26 quests and having a hard time, imagine that as a lvl 20 toon, without ANY ED. yeah...

so my advice is , go ahead, multiclass. if the only thing stopping you is your wolf pet

Considering the 4 skill-points per level you get as a druid you would be wasting a great opportunity by not maxing out search and disable.
    Doing so makes grouping and soloing much easier, as you won't have too wait around for a rogue or artificer or get a gold seal.
    Frankly, almost all party leaders of groups you will apply for will assume you are trap capable.

Also, I was a monk2/fighter1/druid17 last life and the pet wolf was useful 80% of the time.
    In those 20% where combat is more of a struggle I would dismiss it, as it tended too die just as I was getting hurt as well, and the action economy did not allow me too keep it and myself alive. Which in turn caused it too die, which gave me a sp and hp hit. Often killing me because I was cutting it close.
    So it's mostly fine, but just be safe not sorry and dismiss when things get tough. The pet is support, not a tank.
    Last edited by Narfle_the_Garthok; 02-28-2013 at 02:23 PM.

I'm bookmarking this thread, you guys have such great advice. And yes I will max out search and disable. My druid second life will be 2 rogue for evade(can't afford monk) and 18 druid for general play. With as much search and disable as I can get. Not concerned with 20-25 either, can't afford epic destinies and only have 1 pack with epic content. Many real life things take financial priority.